RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Hotel Factor (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118298-hotel-factor.html)

MichaelP 16th September 2021 10.03:55

Re: The Hotel Factor

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2515790]Yes WAFC team coming out of a Travel Lodge !!
I stayed in a Premier Innlast week and it was £120 for two including breakfast and all you refered to regarding masks , track and trace etc was not the case .

i think you have been in lock down way too long my friend most of us moved on weeks ago ![/QUOTE]

Okay going by my experiences and also my friend who works between 2 Travelodge’s.

MichaelP 16th September 2021 10.05:56

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2515799]Should we start staying at the premier inn before home games?[/QUOTE]

Yes let’s go for it. What could possibly go wrong?

Circumstancial I’m going to use this word now in this thread as it seems it’s TheRealWelshWayne ‘s favourite word and we must have the word mentioned at least triple figures.

-luke 16th September 2021 10.11:06

Can anyone summarise 9 pages of this shit for me

tokyored 16th September 2021 10.13:22

[QUOTE=-luke;2515804]Can anyone summarise 9 pages of this shit for me[/QUOTE]

Travelodges are cheaper if you book in advance

TheRealWelshWayne 16th September 2021 10.13:46

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515800]Blood Group AB.

Circumstancial. No evidence you are that!

Provides evidence from doctor.

Circumstancial.

Word of the day!

Fair play![/QUOTE]

All emails sent have a timestamp and a header. Yours does not

MichaelP 16th September 2021 10.14:45

[QUOTE=-luke;2515804]Can anyone summarise 9 pages of this shit for me[/QUOTE]

TheRealWelshWayne ‘s favourite word Circumstancial.

Percy Sugden 16th September 2021 10.15:00

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515663]No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays don’t seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldn’t get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldn’t bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need it’s a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and that’s based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isn’t . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Travelling to away games over a certain distance the day before and staying overnight is a positive thing - not negative. I thought Radcliffe was talking utter bollocks about it being ‘over the top for players at our level’. I’m sure they’d be more leggy after a long bus journey and arriving a short period before a game.

We’re not run by the WST now, so how it’s funded is not really an issue…..

The reason we lost is we because we played a decent side playing in-front of a big crowd under the lights. Grimsby have had a good start and I can’t see us facing any tougher a test than going up there. Our team still has deficiencies - midfield will continue to be an issue until jan in games against the better sides. Cleworth has struggled in every game he’s played - an issue that will be addressed soon, with Lennon and Brisley fit.

I’m very confident we’ll make the playoffs as a minimum. Hopefully a few extra additions in jan will see us challenge beyond that as long as we can keep up with any early pace setters.

The managed decline of the football team is only now being addressed and will take time…. The squad looks stronger than it has since the Newport final. The church Fete style management of previous years will still haunt us for a while longer I feel.

MichaelP 16th September 2021 10.15:23

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2515807]All emails sent have a timestamp and a header. Yours does not[/QUOTE]

Circumstancial

Superunknown 16th September 2021 10.16:29

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2515798]Circumstancial. No evidence it has been sent.[/QUOTE]

You're just as tedious as him tbh.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.27:44.