Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th September 2021, 11.19:16   #131-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Hotel Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays donít seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldnít get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldnít bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need itís a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and thatís based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isnít . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?
I think that you forget that the WST ( fans ha !) no longer ownes WAFC so trot on and mind your own business !!
Old 17th September 2021, 11.22:41   #132-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead View Post
Would you have started the thread had we won on Tuesday night?
It annoyed me that we travelled up on Monday for a game more than 24 hours later. When I found out this information I felt that we would lose the game and as predicted we did.

I get the managers want good preparation and money sometimes can be no object in this. However if it’s not successful then surely we could look to go old school and try the approach of travelling down and returning on the same day. If the legs as some mention aren’t up to it and isn’t working then yes go back to Hotel stays and will admit I am wrong.

Answering your question In all honestly no but I would of posted the thread later in season if required and questioned the success in overnight stays.

Last edited by MichaelP; 17th September 2021 at 11.27:11..
Old 17th September 2021, 11.28:55   #133-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
maybe we could trial playing them virtually on FIFA and not travel at all, that would save a lot of money - ok, the initial outlay of a PS5 or Xbox would be hefty, and we'd need to find the best eplayer in the squad, but still likely to be cheaper according to your calculations......... and I'm sure our contacts at EA Sports could give the club an advanced copy of FIFA 22
Ah are you one the posters TheRealWelshWayne is referring to in his post?
Old 17th September 2021, 11.29:18   #134-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I’m not quite sure how this thread has got 14 pages. Does anyone really believe having a comfortable over night hotel stay like most EFL clubs has a negative affect on the football being played?

The answer is of course not, it only has upsides. We lost to Grimsby because they were better than us on the night and we’d have lost regardless of when we got there
Old 17th September 2021, 11.29:45   #135-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
It annoyed me that we travelled up on Monday for a game more than 24 hours later. When I found out this information I felt that we would lose the game and as predicted we did.

I get the managers want good preparation and money sometimes can be no object in this. However if itís not successful then surely we could look to go old school and try the approach of travelling down and returning on the same day. If the legs as some mention arenít up to it and isnít working then yes go back to Hotel stays and will admit I am wrong.

Answering your question In all honestly no but I would of posted the thread later in season if required and questioned the success in overnight stays.
As I previously said nothing to do with you so trot on !
Old 17th September 2021, 11.30:48   #136-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoWafc View Post
Iím not quite sure how this thread has got 14 pages. Does anyone really believe having a comfortable over night hotel stay like most EFL clubs has a negative affect on the football being played?

The answer is of course not, it only has upsides. We lost to Grimsby because they were better than us on the night and weíd have lost regardless of when we got there
This ^
Old 17th September 2021, 11.32:15   #137-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
As I previously said nothing to do with you so trot on !
Okay so this forum isnít about ideas / opinions?

Or is it a case that you donít agree with said idea / opinion that you have to take the p**s?
Old 17th September 2021, 11.35:01   #138-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoWafc View Post
Iím not quite sure how this thread has got 14 pages. Does anyone really believe having a comfortable over night hotel stay like most EFL clubs has a negative affect on the football being played?

The answer is of course not, it only has upsides. We lost to Grimsby because they were better than us on the night and weíd have lost regardless of when we got there
I know itís football but if you treat it like a business just for this analogy.

If something is not working do you carry on or do you think of different ways of working?

I am not saying that my idea will work and if we trialled it and it didnít then at least we can rule that out and go back to the status quo and travel up the day before.
Old 17th September 2021, 11.39:17   #139-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Okay so this forum isnít about ideas / opinions?

Or is it a case that you donít agree with said idea / opinion that you have to take the p**s?
When the idea's ridiculous it attracts ridicule.
Old 17th September 2021, 11.46:03   #140-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Overnight Stay Win/Loss thread
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.37:05.