RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Hotel Factor (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118298-hotel-factor.html)

MichaelP 17th September 2021 11.08:52

Re: The Hotel Factor

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2516068]Ever since I originally signed up to redpassion (before rob owned it) there has always been wind ups and people with grudges. Remember one guy trying to cause trouble all because he got sacked from J R Boyle and hated everything to do with club because Boyle's advertised on the next game board.

We've always had nearer club's fans posing at wrexham fans trying to cause rows.

And we've always had people with grudges having a go at the owners trying also to cause disharmony.

Wrexham is now world famous and fans across the country are jealous, they will come on here too.

We also have a group of wrexham fans (some of 31) which want to make our owners unwelcome.

And of course there is some ill feeling by friends of ex staff.

It's going to be more common.

There are enough moans on RP that any of the above can spend ten minutes, put together a list, start a thread and cause more disharmony.

RP users need to be wary, especially after a draw or loss, that the above will try to capitalise.[/QUOTE]

What has this got to do with this thread. Should this not be on a thread on it’s own?

TheRealWelshWayne 17th September 2021 11.11:57

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2516077]What has this got to do with this thread. Should this not be on a thread on it’s own?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making my point.

MichaelP 17th September 2021 11.13:15

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2516082]Thanks for making my point.[/QUOTE]

I will ask you this question only the once. Why are you de-railing this thread?

Redordead 17th September 2021 11.16:20

Would you have started the thread had we won on Tuesday night?

Corner Flag 17th September 2021 11.19:16

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515663]No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays don’t seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldn’t get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldn’t bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need it’s a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and that’s based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isn’t . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

I think that you forget that the WST ( fans ha !) no longer ownes WAFC so trot on and mind your own business !!

MichaelP 17th September 2021 11.22:41

[QUOTE=Redordead;2516087]Would you have started the thread had we won on Tuesday night?[/QUOTE]

It annoyed me that we travelled up on Monday for a game more than 24 hours later. When I found out this information I felt that we would lose the game and as predicted we did.

I get the managers want good preparation and money sometimes can be no object in this. However if it’s not successful then surely we could look to go old school and try the approach of travelling down and returning on the same day. If the legs as some mention aren’t up to it and isn’t working then yes go back to Hotel stays and will admit I am wrong.

Answering your question In all honestly no but I would of posted the thread later in season if required and questioned the success in overnight stays.

MichaelP 17th September 2021 11.28:55

[QUOTE=short_gog;2516075]maybe we could trial playing them virtually on FIFA and not travel at all, that would save a lot of money - ok, the initial outlay of a PS5 or Xbox would be hefty, and we'd need to find the best eplayer in the squad, but still likely to be cheaper according to your calculations......... and I'm sure our contacts at EA Sports could give the club an advanced copy of FIFA 22[/QUOTE]

Ah are you one the posters TheRealWelshWayne is referring to in his post?

JonoWafc 17th September 2021 11.29:18

I’m not quite sure how this thread has got 14 pages. Does anyone really believe having a comfortable over night hotel stay like most EFL clubs has a negative affect on the football being played?

The answer is of course not, it only has upsides. We lost to Grimsby because they were better than us on the night and we’d have lost regardless of when we got there

Corner Flag 17th September 2021 11.29:45

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2516094]It annoyed me that we travelled up on Monday for a game more than 24 hours later. When I found out this information I felt that we would lose the game and as predicted we did.

I get the managers want good preparation and money sometimes can be no object in this. However if it’s not successful then surely we could look to go old school and try the approach of travelling down and returning on the same day. If the legs as some mention aren’t up to it and isn’t working then yes go back to Hotel stays and will admit I am wrong.

Answering your question In all honestly no but I would of posted the thread later in season if required and questioned the success in overnight stays.[/QUOTE]

As I previously said nothing to do with you so trot on !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.31:14.