RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Hotel Factor (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118298-hotel-factor.html)

sparky 16th September 2021 06.04:27

Re: The Hotel Factor

I'm all for progress, if some get their noses put out of joint during the progress of WFC then so be it. I'm pleased that Rob is printing more money than ever on the back of said progress. However, for RP regulars, things are getting rather spoilt by all these attention seeking newbies and those newbies that are clearly mischief making. Sigh.

sparky 16th September 2021 06.07:25

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2515684]Close thread this is complete drivel.[/QUOTE]

The more members that use the report button for this attention seeking idiot then the sooner his nonsense threads will no longer be.

ruthinred 16th September 2021 06.18:01

[QUOTE=sparky;2515707]The more members that use the report button for this attention seeking idiot then the sooner his nonsense threads will no longer be.[/QUOTE]

Good idea cheers

marathonplny 16th September 2021 06.20:47

The club’s in a position of transition. Everything is being worked on to improve it and ALL we get to read is moan moan moan. Give it a rest.

sionwxm 16th September 2021 06.21:51

I am sure the overnight stays this early in the season, not only breaks up the travel on match day, but helps with the team bonding/morale with having so many new players at the club. We need to have faith that it will click one day, our management team will be working hard to find that winning formula. It’s been a tough tough start

Foxy 16th September 2021 07.04:23

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515663]No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays don’t seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldn’t get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldn’t bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need it’s a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and that’s based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isn’t . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

What are the hotel policies on face coverings where they are staying ?

TheRealWelshWayne 16th September 2021 07.06:34

Everything points to this user trying to destabilise.

RadioRed 16th September 2021 07.15:43

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515663]No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays don’t seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldn’t get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldn’t bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need it’s a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and that’s based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isn’t . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Agree with the above. May be I am bad minded but I have often thought that some players could be up half the night having a bet playing cards and thus not getting a proper nights sleep.
Please tell me I am wrong that they are too professional to do anything like that?

MichaelP 16th September 2021 07.17:28

[QUOTE=Foxy;2515721]What are the hotel policies on face coverings where they are staying ?[/QUOTE]

All hotels in England abide by the same rules.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.28:12.