Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2021, 06.18:01   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Hotel Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
The more members that use the report button for this attention seeking idiot then the sooner his nonsense threads will no longer be.
Good idea cheers
Old 16th September 2021, 06.20:47   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS

The club’s in a position of transition. Everything is being worked on to improve it and ALL we get to read is moan moan moan. Give it a rest.
Old 16th September 2021, 06.21:51   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

I am sure the overnight stays this early in the season, not only breaks up the travel on match day, but helps with the team bonding/morale with having so many new players at the club. We need to have faith that it will click one day, our management team will be working hard to find that winning formula. It’s been a tough tough start
Old 16th September 2021, 07.04:23   #24-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays donít seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldnít get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldnít bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need itís a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and thatís based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isnít . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?
What are the hotel policies on face coverings where they are staying ?
Old 16th September 2021, 07.06:34   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Everything points to this user trying to destabilise.
Old 16th September 2021, 07.15:43   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays donít seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldnít get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldnít bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need itís a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and thatís based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isnít . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?

Agree with the above. May be I am bad minded but I have often thought that some players could be up half the night having a bet playing cards and thus not getting a proper nights sleep.
Please tell me I am wrong that they are too professional to do anything like that?
Old 16th September 2021, 07.17:28   #27-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
What are the hotel policies on face coverings where they are staying ?
All hotels in England abide by the same rules.
Old 16th September 2021, 07.18:50   #28-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
Everything points to this user trying to destabilise.
Erm, okay you got me !

Wrong!

As I mentioned im not having a pop at any era this has been going on long enough overnight stays. All I was suggesting was travel to Aldershot on day and see how it pans out.
Old 16th September 2021, 07.21:00   #29-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionwxm View Post
I am sure the overnight stays this early in the season, not only breaks up the travel on match day, but helps with the team bonding/morale with having so many new players at the club. We need to have faith that it will click one day, our management team will be working hard to find that winning formula. Itís been a tough tough start
There is a theory that team bonding/morale can be improved with overnight stays yes I get that. Just the suggestion of travelling on day rather than spending the night.

The other matter which I have not mentioned so far is that the team could travel up the night before the weather could take a turn the following day then the game gets postponed so would mean another hotel stay for the rearranged game.
Old 16th September 2021, 07.28:43   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:

The other matter which I have not mentioned so far is that the team could travel up the night before the weather could take a turn the following day then the game gets postponed so would mean another hotel stay for the rearranged game.
Öso?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.24:57.