RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Hotel Factor (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118298-hotel-factor.html)

MichaelP 20th September 2021 07.02:12

Re: The Hotel Factor

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2517378]
I also think it might be worth mentioning that under the WST, board members were put up in hotels for away games and if what i was told was true so did some other hangers on,
so if michaelp is a die hard trust member how can he justify board members putting themselves up in hotels while they were running the club in an unsustainable fashion[/QUOTE]

Do you have substance to this or is this hear say? / made up?

RexRentFree 20th September 2021 09.13:27

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2517378]i would say that PP insisted on taking the team to hotels before the game, i think it was part of his agreement to drop to this level and take the job on, given the level of investment and support it is clear the club can sustain this.
I also think it might be worth mentioning that under the WST, board members were put up in hotels for away games and if what i was told was true so did some other hangers on,
so if michaelp is a die hard trust member how can he justify board members putting themselves up in hotels while they were running the club in an unsustainable fashion[/QUOTE]

Certain board members were regularly seen with ladies of the night in said hotels allegedly.

They probably asked for a receipt to get it paid on expenses.

TheRealWelshWayne 20th September 2021 09.56:34

[QUOTE=RexRentFree;2517451]Certain board members were regularly seen with ladies of the night in said hotels allegedly.

They probably asked for a receipt to get it paid on expenses.[/QUOTE]

Don't think he was on the board when the alleged rumours first surfaced nor when they had finished.

BuckleyDerbyRob 20th September 2021 10.20:59

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2517469]Don't think he was on the board when the alleged rumours first surfaced nor when they had finished.[/QUOTE]

Whether the "ladies" bit is true or not, it is obvious that staying in hotels overnight made them tired and explains why they were useless.
Perhaps Michael is muddling up his old mates and thinking professionals would be affected in the same way.

dragonspark 20th September 2021 10.23:59

regardless, the WST board run the club in an unsustainable fashion, over a long period of time, to criticise the current regime is a clear indication that the damning mistakes of the former powers that be/were are not know to our newest poster

dragonspark 20th September 2021 10.25:04

not known, sorry, either oblivious to the damaging mistakes or simply will not face up to them

MichaelP 20th September 2021 10.40:48

[QUOTE=RexRentFree;2517451]Certain board members were regularly seen with ladies of the night in said hotels [B]allegedly[/B]

They probably asked for a receipt to get it paid on expenses.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TheRealWelshWayne;2517469]Don't think he was on the board when the [B]alleged[/B] rumours first surfaced nor when they had finished.[/QUOTE]

Exactly we can move on now as it’s clear there is no substance to this.

Back to on topic regarding the [B]team/squad of players[/B]

dragonspark 20th September 2021 10.42:52

nah mate now we know your angle lets carry on exposing the damaging mistakes of the last owners

MichaelP 20th September 2021 10.45:54

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2517489]nah mate now we know your angle lets carry on exposing the damaging mistakes of the last owners[/QUOTE]

1/ I am not your [B]mate[/B] .

2/ If you wish to discuss this then open a new thread for discussion.

Derailing this thread with things mentioned which have absolutely NO substance to them. That way you can make things up to your hearts content.

MichaelP 20th September 2021 10.50:24

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517490]1/ I am not your [B]mate[/B] .

2/ If you wish to discuss this then open a new thread for discussion.

Derailing this thread with things mentioned which have absolutely NO substance to them. That way you can make things up to your hearts content.[/QUOTE]

Ref: Point 2/ Done. Hope that helps.

BuckleyDerbyRob 20th September 2021 11.01:50

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517488]

Back to on topic regarding the [B]team/squad of players[/B][/QUOTE]

So back on topic, as you request...

People who think a pre-match hotel is a bad idea - MichaelP

People who think a pre-match hotel is a good idea - everybody else (and most importantly, the manager, players and professionals now running the club)

That seems to sum it up, so the thread can be closed.

MichaelP 20th September 2021 11.03:35

[QUOTE=BuckleyDerbyRob;2517512]So back on topic, as you request...

People who think a pre-match hotel is a bad idea - MichaelP

[B]People who think a pre-match hotel is a good idea - everybody else[/B] (and most importantly, the manager, players and professionals now running the club)

That seems to sum it up, so the thread can be closed.[/QUOTE]

There are other posters on this thread who have said otherwise.

louisleftboot 20th September 2021 11.08:37

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517513]There are other posters on this thread who have said otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Who? I genuinely don't recall any.

TheRealWelshWayne 20th September 2021 11.11:12

As John Bercow used to say:
DIVISION...

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118337-who-thinks-pre-match-hotel-bad-idea.html[/url]

LMH23 20th September 2021 11.11:39

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517513]There are other posters on this thread who have said otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I think you forgot to log into your other accounts.

MichaelP 20th September 2021 11.15:56

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2517522]Who? I genuinely don't recall any.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 other posters.

Page 1
[QUOTE=sionwxm;2515665]Apparently we trained at Scunny’s training ground on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Ratcliffe made the comment that the players can get leggy/tired staying over and not sleeping in their own beds. Seems like an excuse but we certainly don’t travel particularly well.[/QUOTE]

Page 8
[QUOTE=pricey;2515795]Fawlty Towers judging by the way we played![/QUOTE]

Page 15
[QUOTE=Wrexy;2516147]A couple of years ago we went for a weekend in Norwich and unbeknown to us Spurs were staying there prior to playing the following evening.

Mourinho was in charge and it was eye opening seeing how Prem teams prepare for games. All of the players were locked into the hotel ballroom with the biggest TV I've ever seen in my life watching endless videos and going through tactics. All meals were served in that room.

They would emerge like square eyed zombies to go for a team walk around the hotel grounds with Jose at the front.

Did it work for Spurs? not really [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ECdi_2XT0[/url]

I'd love to know what PP does with the players during these overnights. All I've seen so far are team walks along the Prom in Southend.[/QUOTE]

RexRentFree 20th September 2021 11.21:06

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2517528]There are 3 other posters.

Page 1

Page 8

Page 15[/QUOTE]

2 out of those 3 I wouldn’t class as saying it’s a bad idea. And I’m not sure the third one is either.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.24:57.