RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Huws and Butterfied (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118301-huws-butterfied.html)

shinner 16th September 2021 12.54:11

Re: Huws and Butterfied

Maybe the two l suggested would not be adequate , but it really should have been addressed. And l agree Luke is struggling in the DM role .

Huffy 16th September 2021 12.57:50

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2515861]Seeing thread title thought it was about a firm of solixitors[/QUOTE]

Ha ha , I thought it was the away travel bus firms

willyheckerslike 16th September 2021 13.17:52

[QUOTE=Poethlyn;2515868]is Huws actually looking for a club and does anyone know if has been training anywhere or is he injured?[/QUOTE]

Heard he was training with a Lge 2 outfit recently but failed to get a contract as in his first trail match he pulled a muscle getting changed and didn't feature!

willyheckerslike 16th September 2021 13.24:50

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2515849]Yes exactly this, looks like we might have missed out on this player in the window and hoping that Young can do it (which he can't).

It would be Dave Jones for me at the moment, with Young/Davies/JJ/Mcalinden in the other two spots.[/QUOTE]

Why Dave Jones?.....do we need the pitch ploughing? IMHO he is past it, way to slow in movement and thinking and wouldn't cover the ground needed to be bossed as a CM general. On last Saturdays showing (however brief) he is very lucky to be in possession of a seasons contract, hopefully he will be concentrating more on the coaching side of things rather than playing, otherwise we really are in the brown stuff.

RedGoolie 16th September 2021 13.38:07

I think we're stuck with what we've got but we'll do some business in January. I think it's always been obvious where we needed another couple of players, so I'm hoping we grind out a run of wins and stay in the hunt until the next window.

Ddraigoch 16th September 2021 13.58:03

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2515850]Jay Harris would be a good punt in the next transfer window.
I dunno why people keep dismissing him when he could easily be a squad player.[/QUOTE]

What's your fascination with Jay Harris? His legs had gone last season never mind this. If he was so good, don't you think another VNL team would have got him in?

Why do we need squad players?

JonesRed 16th September 2021 14.29:01

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2515893]What's your fascination with Jay Harris? His legs had gone last season never mind this. If he was so good, don't you think another VNL team would have got him in?

Why do we need squad players?[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with this, at the end of the day, we have released Jay for a reason.

krux 16th September 2021 14.38:37

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2515881]Why Dave Jones?.....do we need the pitch ploughing? IMHO he is past it, way to slow in movement and thinking and wouldn't cover the ground needed to be bossed as a CM general. On last Saturdays showing (however brief) he is very lucky to be in possession of a seasons contract, hopefully he will be concentrating more on the coaching side of things rather than playing, otherwise we really are in the brown stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say I agree. That 15 mins was all I needed to know he is finished.

DenbighRed 16th September 2021 14.43:16

Joe Ledley is looking for a club. He was on the Elis James podcast saying he's still really keen to play. I'm sure we could tempt him here.

Not really the sort of midfielder we need, but I'm sure he could do a job as a sitter. You'd like to think his football IQ would be good enough for this level.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.53:59.