Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th September 2021, 22.05:14   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In a red seat
Twitter: @Wonderboywxm

Default Re: Starting 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Ffs

Beat Dagenham and we’ll be debating whether this side is the best to ever grace this level again. Or lose and debate whether we really should have sold. No inbetween. Bipolar fanbase.
This is our hardest start for years and we lost once in 6 games. I’m confident we can beat anyone home or away when we gel as a team
Old 17th September 2021, 22.17:14   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
This is our hardest start for years and we lost once in 6 games. I’m confident we can beat anyone home or away when we gel as a team
Agree with you there! We were never gonna run riot straight away with a new team. We’ve picked up points that we no doubt wouldn’t have in the past. You feel like we can get results anywhere, whereas it was a miracle if we got away wins regardless of the opponent the last few years.
Old 17th September 2021, 22.27:23   #39-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmancommeth View Post
Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.
Pretty much agree with all of that. We aren't playing as a team all the time and there is plenty to improve still but we look hugely improved over last season (in the home games at least which are the ones I've seen).

I agree with your point over the start too, compare our statler with Dagenham, in their first 6 games theyve played 4 of last seasons bottom 5.
Old 17th September 2021, 22.39:06   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmancommeth View Post
Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.
Old 17th September 2021, 23.00:28   #41-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Pretty much agree with all of that.
You read it?

Mentalist.
Old 17th September 2021, 23.09:43   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Ok ill add my snap judgements from the 3 games I've actually attended/watched:

Lainton - fine need to keep concentration
French - better than expected keep it up
Cleworth - too raw for a team with title aspirations
Hayden - a class act but prone to a cock up
Tozer - solid hate the throw ins and not sure he is worth the £££ yet
Lennon - very good player but made of glass
Reckord - better than last season but still frustrating and erratic
Jones - not seeing it yet
Young - out of position, too frantic, feel for him
Davies - ok not hit the heights of 2nd half last season yet
Mcalinden - crap headless chicken
Mullin - class act frustrated by the averageneas around him so far
Hyde - really good player, great finisher, dropping too deep given our midfield inadequacies
Angus - poses a threat but only really effective playing off a big man, may do better wide in a 433

The rest I've not seen long enough to judge
Posted via mobile theme
you are clueless mate
Old 17th September 2021, 23.55:22   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Question Re: Starting 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
you are clueless mate
So back it up with your opinion
Old 18th September 2021, 07.11:40   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trundlebus View Post
Lainton - Good enough when fit

Reckord - Not good enough Last season or this season
Hayden - A liability
Tozer - Not worth what we spent
Lennon - I can’t comment
French - Too many mistakes

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling
Jones - Not good enough (compared to Keates and Harris in their prime for us)

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

We’ve taken a giant leap forward with the forwards but gone backwards in defence and midfield
total Bullshit
Old 18th September 2021, 07.15:00   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trundlebus View Post
The comments are with a view to winning the league and partly my point, there was talk of winning the league or going unbeaten. The reality is, the only semi comfortable match we’ve had was at Eastleigh.

Solihull outplayed us, we were decent against Notts and average or poor for the rest of them.
Winning the League didnt come from Management , it came from Fans .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.13:01.