RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Starting 11 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118312-starting-11-a.html)

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 19.43:01

Starting 11

Lainton - Good enough when fit

Reckord - Not good enough Last season or this season
Hayden - A liability
Tozer - Not worth what we spent
Lennon - I can’t comment
French - Too many mistakes

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling
Jones - Not good enough (compared to Keates and Harris in their prime for us)

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

We’ve taken a giant leap forward with the forwards but gone backwards in defence and midfield

louisleftboot 17th September 2021 19.45:40

Re: Starting 11

Ok

frank2 17th September 2021 19.46:07

Lovely stuff.

Gwersyllt-Robin 17th September 2021 19.49:36

End thread. Someone’s had too many beers and thinks he knows football.

Vorporix 17th September 2021 19.51:32

[QUOTE=Trundlebus;2516396]Lainton - Good enough when fit

Hayden - A liability
[B]Tozer - Not worth what we spent[/B]
Lennon - I can’t comment

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

We’ve taken a giant leap forward with the forwards but gone backwards in defence and midfield[/QUOTE]

You cannot be serious - the guy is class!

Reddrag 17th September 2021 19.55:49

Lainton - Good enough

Reckord - Not technically good enough - good positioning
Hayden - hit and miss distribution - if he finds his feet looks real quality
Tozer - Good leader and player - Hopefully they figure out the throws
Lennon - Haven't seen enough
French - been ok so far but might be better if he slots into cb

Davies - Great alternative attacking option
Young - struggling
Jones - Class vs notts - not as good vs woking

Hyde - quality
Mullin - He just moves differently - different gravy

wonderboy 17th September 2021 19.56:42

[QUOTE=Gwersyllt-Robin;2516408]End thread. Someone’s had too many beers and thinks he knows football.[/QUOTE]

Definitely had half a day and went straight to the boozer

JonoWafc 17th September 2021 19.58:24

I remember my first beer

benwilliams 17th September 2021 19.58:28

If you haven't watched any of the 3 games lennon has played to comment then you are basing your other ratings on 3 games maximum which is pathetic
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Back of the Kop 17th September 2021 20.02:41

Hayden - A liability
Lennon - I can’t comment

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

We’ve taken a giant leap forward with the forwards but gone backwards in defence and midfield[/QUOTE]

Just lol.....apart from Young

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.05:04

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2516409]You cannot be serious - the guy is class![/QUOTE]

Worth 200k and current wage?

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.06:51

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2516415]If you haven't watched any of the 3 games lennon has played to comment then you are basing your other ratings on 3 games maximum which is pathetic
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I only missed Southend, but I’m just not sure. Decent range of passing

Vorporix 17th September 2021 20.08:27

[QUOTE=Trundlebus;2516420]Worth 200k and current wage?[/QUOTE]

Clearly you know more than me about wages but the guy is class - its called subjectivity - you don't rate him and I do.

wxmtoffee 17th September 2021 20.12:20

I disagree with them assumptions. Thankfully football is about opinions.
If the side was that bad as described we wouldn’t have picked up any points.
Fine tuning, games and time is required but most of all patience.
Unfortunately expectations are unrealistic…but some don’t realise that yet.
Keep the faith!!

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.12:34

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2516422]Clearly you know more than me about wages but the guy is class - its called subjectivity - you don't rate him and I do.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, the wage comment was unnecessary. I just don’t think it was 200k well spent bearing in mind Pearson and Kelleher were free

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.20:42

[QUOTE=wxmtoffee;2516424]I disagree with them assumptions. Thankfully football is about opinions.
If the side was that bad as described we wouldn’t have picked up any points.
Fine tuning, games and time is required but most of all patience.
Unfortunately expectations are unrealistic…but some don’t realise that yet.
Keep the faith!![/QUOTE]

The comments are with a view to winning the league and partly my point, there was talk of winning the league or going unbeaten. The reality is, the only semi comfortable match we’ve had was at Eastleigh.

Solihull outplayed us, we were decent against Notts and average or poor for the rest of them.

Back of the Kop 17th September 2021 20.29:55

[QUOTE=Trundlebus;2516427]The comments are with a view to winning the league and partly my point, there was talk of winning the league or going unbeaten. The reality is, the only semi comfortable match we’ve had was at Eastleigh.

Solihull outplayed us, we were decent against Notts and average or poor for the rest of them.[/QUOTE]

I can be a right pessimistic fu**er but even I realise with 10 new players it will take time for us to settle.

We have too much quality to be far away from top spot even though we aren't firing.

We will come good and with 2 or 3 quality signings in January I think we will be in the hunt for the title in April

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.32:51

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2516432]I can be a right pessimistic fu**er but even I realise with 10 new players it will take time for us to settle.

We have too much quality to be far away from top spot even though we aren't firing.

We will come good and with 2 or 3 quality signings in January I think we will be in the hunt for the title in April[/QUOTE]

Agreed and I realise that, if you look at my comments I think we’re 4 quality signings away.

Reckord
Hayden
French
Jones

stevewxm 17th September 2021 20.35:47

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2516432]I can be a right pessimistic fu**er but even I realise with 10 new players it will take time for us to settle.

We will come good and with 2 or 3 quality signings in January I think we will be in the hunt for the title in April[/QUOTE]

It is a bit worrying that we need to limp along till January !

Back of the Kop 17th September 2021 20.40:13

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2516434]It is a bit worrying that we need to limp along till January ![/QUOTE]

We all know we've fu**ed up by not strengthening midfield but weve still got enough quality to be in the hunt by January.....I wouldn't call it limping exactly although it is frustrating.

We will go on a winning run once we settle down and we've got every chance once we strengthen in January

pricey 17th September 2021 20.51:18

Hayden - A liability
Lennon - I can’t comment

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

We strongbow again

Hayden and tozer are both very good signings.

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 20.53:37

[QUOTE=pricey;2516439]We strongbow again

Hayden and tozer are both very good signings.[/QUOTE]

🤣 Hayden won’t be in the team for long

frank2 17th September 2021 20.58:46

Has anyone ever tried spice?

Leighton Red 17th September 2021 20.58:54

Would personally like to see us go 3-1-4-2…

Lainton

Lennon
Brisley
Hayden

Tozer

J Davies (swap with Angus if not fit)
J Jones
Young
French

Hyde
Mullin

Subs

Dibble
McAlinden
Angus
Ponti
Cleworth (RHJ when fit)

Hometown Unicorn 17th September 2021 20.59:21

Forward are get one in?

Trundlebus 17th September 2021 21.17:18

[QUOTE=frank2;2516444]Has anyone ever tried spice?[/QUOTE]

Do you think we’ve got the players for 5-3-2?

benwilliams 17th September 2021 21.19:01

Ok ill add my snap judgements from the 3 games I've actually attended/watched:

Lainton - fine need to keep concentration
French - better than expected keep it up
Cleworth - too raw for a team with title aspirations
Hayden - a class act but prone to a cock up
Tozer - solid hate the throw ins and not sure he is worth the £££ yet
Lennon - very good player but made of glass
Reckord - better than last season but still frustrating and erratic
Jones - not seeing it yet
Young - out of position, too frantic, feel for him
Davies - ok not hit the heights of 2nd half last season yet
Mcalinden - crap headless chicken
Mullin - class act frustrated by the averageneas around him so far
Hyde - really good player, great finisher, dropping too deep given our midfield inadequacies
Angus - poses a threat but only really effective playing off a big man, may do better wide in a 433

The rest I've not seen long enough to judge
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

wonderboy 17th September 2021 21.19:20

Play India Autry upfront

Vambo 17th September 2021 21.28:46

[QUOTE=Leighton Red;2516445]Would personally like to see us go 3-1-4-2…

Lainton

Lennon
Brisley
Hayden

Tozer

J Davies (swap with Angus if not fit)
J Jones
Young
French

Hyde
Mullin

Subs

Dibble
McAlinden
Angus
Ponti
Cleworth (RHJ when fit)[/QUOTE]

I'd go with that, Brisley to see if he can deal with the high balls into the box, and mullen behind Hyde and Angus, if Davies not available. Although I though Angus was poor Tuesday

wonderboy 17th September 2021 21.31:46

Dave Jones will play tomorrow

EnglishRed 17th September 2021 21.33:23

Wrexham will be playing four four f***ing two.

Benson and Hedges up front.

WREX01 17th September 2021 21.39:22

Hayden - A liability
Lennon - I can’t comment

Davies - Decent
Young - struggling

Hyde & Mullin - Quality

Wow just Wow

Nightmancommeth 17th September 2021 21.56:11

Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.

Nightmancommeth 17th September 2021 21.57:04

[QUOTE=Nightmancommeth;2516471]Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.[/QUOTE]

My bad for the lack of layout/format! :(

wonderboy 17th September 2021 21.59:00

[QUOTE=Nightmancommeth;2516471]Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.[/QUOTE]

Read the word Lainton and thought “nah, you’re alright” and skipped past the whole thing

joe 17th September 2021 22.03:50

Ffs

Beat Dagenham and we’ll be debating whether this side is the best to ever grace this level again. Or lose and debate whether we really should have sold. No inbetween. Bipolar fanbase.

wonderboy 17th September 2021 22.05:14

[QUOTE=joe;2516475]Ffs

Beat Dagenham and we’ll be debating whether this side is the best to ever grace this level again. Or lose and debate whether we really should have sold. No inbetween. Bipolar fanbase.[/QUOTE]

This is our hardest start for years and we lost once in 6 games. I’m confident we can beat anyone home or away when we gel as a team

Nightmancommeth 17th September 2021 22.17:14

[QUOTE=wonderboy;2516476]This is our hardest start for years and we lost once in 6 games. I’m confident we can beat anyone home or away when we gel as a team[/QUOTE]

Agree with you there! We were never gonna run riot straight away with a new team. We’ve picked up points that we no doubt wouldn’t have in the past. You feel like we can get results anywhere, whereas it was a miracle if we got away wins regardless of the opponent the last few years.

EnglishRed 17th September 2021 22.27:23

Pretty much agree with all of that. We aren't playing as a team all the time and there is plenty to improve still but we look hugely improved over last season (in the home games at least which are the ones I've seen).

I agree with your point over the start too, compare our statler with Dagenham, in their first 6 games theyve played 4 of last seasons bottom 5.

louisleftboot 17th September 2021 22.39:06

[IMG]https://c.tenor.com/UGwvNNc5i_oAAAAd/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-face-melt.gif[/IMG]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.30:12.