RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dagenham reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118317-dagenham-reaction.html)

Percy Sugden 18th September 2021 17.06:36

Re: Dagenham reaction

Really enjoyed today’s game. Fantastic. Everything keatesball wasn’t….

blackbrookred 18th September 2021 17.09:37

1st half we dominated possession, loads of corners but no real clear cut chances. 2nd half we dropped off and were lucky they didn't score, but a win is a win, onwards and upwards.

moynkeepthefaith 18th September 2021 17.14:10

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2516796]I'm really.hoping Brisley is available soon to share appearances with Lennon. I like Cleworth but I dont think he's ready yet. Weve conceded 6 of the 8 goals we've conceded this season in games hes played in. Today he was targeted again and found it hard going (although he did well.tbf)[/QUOTE]

Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.
Still - who cares ? 3 points

EnglishRed 18th September 2021 17.18:22

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2516831]Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.
Still - who cares ? 3 points[/QUOTE]

He did really well when he came on, and when we were under a lot of pressure. I don't mean to criticise Cleworth himself, who I do rate, but its a big ask of a 19 year old.

benwilliams 18th September 2021 17.18:28

Just noticed after Chesterfield home on 5th oct we don't play again in the league until the 23rd, lots of time to work on injuries and tactics though may lose match sharpness. Assuming there is a FAT game on the 16th?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wxm boy 18th September 2021 17.21:00

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2516833]Just noticed after Chesterfield home on 5th oct we don't play again in the league until the 23rd, lots of time to work on injuries and tactics though may lose match sharpness. Assuming there is a FAT game on the 16th?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Fa cup qualifier
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

MasterSpeight 18th September 2021 17.22:27

Lainton's save vs. McCallum and then that second block (couldn't catch who it was) was second to none. Great defensive performance but it was a shame to see us invite them on to us after being so dominant. My heart fell out my arse when Scott Wilson was through, but held on well and were composed. Very good result, some challenging fixtures coming up still.

Cymro 18th September 2021 17.22:44

I don't think they dominated the second half as some are saying but they did dominate the last twenty minutes. Things are so much better than recent season. While we have players of the class of Mullins we can win games even if the overall performance is unimpressive. And, please god, keep Lainton safe from injury for the whole season this time. Another brilliant save on top of his usual confident performance. Good ref today too, although it was generally a very "clean" game anyway.

Foxy 18th September 2021 17.25:30

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2516831]Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.
Still - who cares ? 3 points[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Great footballing display first half but they missed at least three absolute sitters and should have won. We looked very tired second half.
I think Cleworth has potential but he is getting worse in each game and looked well out of his depth. David Jones made things worse too because his mobility is shot to bits - should never have been given a contract.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.08:36.