Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th September 2021, 18.51:29   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dagenham reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
Another 1-0 home win and another 3 points on the board. First half we played really well and Mullin what a goal.

Dagenham 2nd half of game v Kings Lynn [ BT game ] last week and 2nd half of this weeks game versus us played really well. Difference last week they were playing weakened team and converted their chances.

Over the 2 home games I have seen today and Notts County I feel the defence is shaky. And worse than when we had Kelleher and Vassell at the back. Midfield Young looks a different player in the changes in the team this season. He was one of our best players the last 2 seasons but with the changes in the summer he is unfortunately not the same player.

David Jones looked awful today when he came on- looked off the pace.

The idiot/s who set the flare off again no where near when we scored this time in the second half.

I’m sorry we have some real numpty fans at our club. All I can say is if this was wst ownership I would be worrying about fines but if this keeps happening at games the national league / fa could come down on us especially as in excuse to keep us in the league with our increase in attendances and global audience.

My season ticket didn’t scan. First game attended since having it. So the farce continues on that level I’m afraid.

Still - All that matters is a win today.

Whilst Stockport is not having a good start. I expect they will be wanting to put in a good performance and result next week. Wonder if the club will decide on a hotel stay next week?
Can’t speak to the flares. But the lads in the corner of the tech end today were absolutely quality.
Old 18th September 2021, 18.51:47   #56-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: sainsbury stand

Definitely more positives than negatives today . McAlinden deserved to start and was far more of an outlet than Redmond on Tuesday and Pontcelli worked hard also . Lennon would be some player , but injuries are a worry . First half was excellent lots of quick movement and balls to feet in midfield mixing up with direct over the top long balls . Mullin is Mullin fabulous again .

The negatives unfortunately we were under the cosh and could so easily could have come unstuck second half . Could not keep the ball and were penned back constantly for the last twenty minutes and a wonderful save and block to keep us ahead .
Old 18th September 2021, 18.52:26   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
Another 1-0 home win and another 3 points on the board. First half we played really well and Mullin what a goal.

Dagenham 2nd half of game v Kings Lynn [ BT game ] last week and 2nd half of this weeks game versus us played really well. Difference last week they were playing weakened team and converted their chances.

Over the 2 home games I have seen today and Notts County I feel the defence is shaky. And worse than when we had Kelleher and Vassell at the back. Midfield Young looks a different player in the changes in the team this season. He was one of our best players the last 2 seasons but with the changes in the summer he is unfortunately not the same player.

David Jones looked awful today when he came on- looked off the pace.

The idiot/s who set the flare off again no where near when we scored this time in the second half.

I’m sorry we have some real numpty fans at our club. All I can say is if this was wst ownership I would be worrying about fines but if this keeps happening at games the national league / fa could come down on us especially as in excuse to keep us in the league with our increase in attendances and global audience.

My season ticket didn’t scan. First game attended since having it. So the farce continues on that level I’m afraid.

Still - All that matters is a win today.

Whilst Stockport is not having a good start. I expect they will be wanting to put in a good performance and result next week. Wonder if the club will decide on a hotel stay next week?
Did you buy a hat whilst you were sorting your season ticket out?
Old 18th September 2021, 18.53:54   #58-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Did you buy a hat whilst you were sorting your season ticket out?
No
Old 18th September 2021, 19.04:46   #59-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Royal Box

For all our dominance in the first half we barely carved out any goal scoring opportunities.

Corners and long throws were easy for Dagenham to deal with. Couldn't see where a second goal was coming from and that really concerns me.
Old 18th September 2021, 19.04:59   #60-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Fck me we had to dig deep for that. Lainton what a keeper.

Who made that tackle right at the end? Because that was class.
Old 18th September 2021, 19.10:12   #61-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Fck me we had to dig deep for that. Lainton what a keeper.

Who made that tackle right at the end? Because that was class.
Cleworth, not getting the plaudits he deserves for that. Lainton knew that had saved a certain goal
Old 18th September 2021, 19.23:40   #62-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

A good day at the office today. We made the league leaders look very ordinary in the first half, but getting a second goal during our dominant first half would have made it more comfortable.
As it was, D & R showed their own threat for the last 20 minutes and we were fortunate not to concede.
Overall though, I think that we have found our best midfield 3. I'm a fan of Jordan Davies, but in this league, I think Macca offers slightly more of an all round game.
Old 18th September 2021, 19.25:28   #63-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

A superb first half performance, especially first 30.

D&R couldn't have complained if they were 3-0 down at HT.

They were always going to have a reaction second half. Let's be honest we got lucky. Their finishing was woeful alongside some great last ditch defending but we look very poor when we're under the pump.

No composure from hardly anyone. Slicing it, hoofing it anywhere. Inviting pressure. Dior did well earning a couple of crucial free kicks that ate up time but we miss a big guy up top who would also help out Mullin

Ponticelli huffed and puffed again today but he's just getting nowhere fast.

We need to at least 3-4 players in January

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.29:50.