RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dagenham reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118317-dagenham-reaction.html)

benwilliams 18th September 2021 16.31:30

Dagenham reaction

Great win, sounded gritty and a bit lucky but can't complain. Can't wait to see the goal
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Vorporix 18th September 2021 16.34:12

Re: Dagenham reaction

We were excellent first half but a real shame we couldn't get a second with all the pressure we put them under.

Not sure how we got away with not conceding a goal second half!

EnglishRed 18th September 2021 16.35:56

Sat in the car at the uni waiting for the traffic to.thin out but in summary, fantastic first half. Even second and to be honest we rode our luck massively in the last twenty minutes or so. Dagenham missed.some sitters. As soon as Lennon had to go off we looked a lot more vulnerable at the back.

That said, more encouraging things. MacAlinden was fantastic amd the way we lined up in midfield with him.playing more advanced was much better. No bad individual performances really. And Mullins goal.was brilliant.

krux 18th September 2021 16.36:49

I think we are getting somewhere, the midfield setup looked a lot better today. Had to hang on second half with French in particular given a torid time.

Mullin is fantastic,.and Lennon's injury problems are a concern despite what Birdy says.

OneLoveWrexham 18th September 2021 16.37:26

First half excellent but last 15 started to drop too deep but a million times more entertaining than previous seasons. Mullin was fantastic once again, Jones and McAlinden were both fantastic in midfield especially Jones first half and Ponticelli is still shit.

dagg 18th September 2021 16.41:18

When are we going to start killing teams off. A brilliant goal though. Their finishing was poor.

EnglishRed 18th September 2021 16.41:31

[QUOTE=krux;2516793]I think we are getting somewhere, the midfield setup looked a lot better today. Had to hang on second half with French in particular given a torid time.

Mullin is fantastic,.and Lennon's injury problems are a concern despite what Birdy says.[/QUOTE]

I'm really.hoping Brisley is available soon to share appearances with Lennon. I like Cleworth but I dont think he's ready yet. Weve conceded 6 of the 8 goals we've conceded this season in games hes played in. Today he was targeted again and found it hard going (although he did well.tbf)

Wiltshire_Red 18th September 2021 16.44:58

Exciting game to listen to, 1st half especially, crowd sounded great at times, and looking forward to seeing Mullin’s goal.

Good analysis from Andy Morrell on Radio Wales during the game.

Last 15/20 minutes a very nervous listen, it sounded like they were going to score every attack.

Good to hold out and secure the win, would be nice to follow it up with at least 4 points in the next 2 games at Stockport and Aldershot.

ruthinred 18th September 2021 16.45:00

Didnt really deserve it but will take it

Dave Jones /Cleworth. Poor subs

ruthinred 18th September 2021 16.46:37

[QUOTE=krux;2516793]I think we are getting somewhere, the midfield setup looked a lot better today. Had to hang on second half with French in particular given a torid time.

Mullin is fantastic,.and Lennon's injury problems are a concern despite what Birdy says.[/QUOTE]

Lennon will be fine
Probably could have stayed on

Leighton Red 18th September 2021 16.48:44

Fabulous win today despite riding our luck. Cleworth deserves great credit (it’s not his fault he’s inexperienced…he actually made a goal and game saving tackle towards the end too that Lainton celebrated with him for!). Likewise I’m looking forward to seeing Brisley and Hossanah plus we have Hyde, Jordan and RHJ to come back so looking good for future. Really thinking that we have made a good fist of a terrible set of early season fixtures, if we could get results against Stockport and Chesterfield then I think we could really be in business! Brilliant support again today and Parkinson showing that he appreciates the crowd. COYR!!

pricey 18th September 2021 16.49:54

I think we are heading in the right direction, but clearly still a work in progress. I wonder if MacAlinden starts at CAM now? He certainly adds some height and thrust, and sounded like he got stuck in today. Maybe Jordan Davies across to LWB? Sounded a bit lucky second half, so let's hope for better against Stinkpot next week.

wonderboy 18th September 2021 16.51:23

Excellent first half and they were unlucky not to score. Need to put teams away early thou

marathonplny 18th September 2021 16.52:26

Don’t get some of the negative comments

First half we were totally in control.
Second half we could and should of got a second, and yes we had to defend as a team , backed by the loudest support for a long long time. Good defending, good goal keeping and yes, not the best finishing.

To say we didn’t deserve it, is far too strong.

Overall a great game enjoyed by over 8k again.
Bring on Chesterfield under the lights

COYR

WREX01 18th September 2021 16.53:46

Great first half , lucky second.
Incredible save from Lainton.
Lennon had a great first half , he’s never going to be able to be relied upon unfortunately:(
Mullin is some player.

WV1 18th September 2021 16.54:15

Got to find a way of finishing games off, but other than that can’t complain.

Chesterfield under them floodlights, should be a belter

OneLoveWrexham 18th September 2021 16.54:29

Lennon has impressed me last 2 home games to be fair it’s just a shame he’s made out of biscuits, of the back 3 it’s Hayden who looks the least comfortable which has surprised me. I also thought both full backs struggled defensively and going forward today even though I do like French.

welshian 18th September 2021 16.54:39

8k fans again. its quite amazing really. long may it continue.

Lods 18th September 2021 16.54:58

Very much a game that could have had any scoreline. 1st half was probably the worst I've seen an opposition team at the Racecourse for a very long time.

D&R were lucky to only be 1-0 down at half time. We were lucky their players couldn't finish their dinner in the 2nd half.

Special mentions for Mullin (of course), McAlinden, Lennon and Reckord - who I think is really showing us what he can do after not setting the world alight last season.

Lesjonno 18th September 2021 16.57:35

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2516812]Lennon has impressed me last 2 home games to be fair it’s just a shame he’s made out of biscuits, of the back 3 it’s Hayden who looks the least comfortable which has surprised me. I also thought both full backs struggled defensively and going forward today even though I do like French.[/QUOTE]

Rich tea or hobnobs?

Liverpool Red 18th September 2021 17.01:10

Great win and a very good performance. The lads ran their socks off today.

We do need to kill teams off when we are so dominant as we were in the first half.

Midfield was set up much better today. J Jones had clearly been told to sit deeper and help Young out in front of the back four and it worked. McAlinden put in some really good challenges and was great pressing their defence and keeper.

Colonel D 18th September 2021 17.02:15

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2516812]Lennon has impressed me last 2 home games to be fair it’s just a shame he’s made out of biscuits, of the back 3 it’s Hayden who looks the least comfortable which has surprised me. I also thought both full backs struggled defensively and going forward today even though I do like French.[/QUOTE]

Lennon was top class 1st half with an excellent range of passes.
Hope he can stay fit.

rob_1072 18th September 2021 17.02:57

Everyone put a decent shift in today, good win and hopefully we look as comfortable as we did in the first half more often

krux 18th September 2021 17.03:23

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2516803]Lennon will be fine
Probably could have stayed on[/QUOTE]

We don't know he could have stayed on, besides he won't be fine until he can play three games in a week, which he hasn't done yet

Prodigal Dragon 18th September 2021 17.04:07

Excellent first-half but they dominated the second-half. How they didn’t score I do not know.

Mullin earned his pay with a superb goal, but my MOTM goes to Lennon. Just hope he’s recovered for Saturday.

A good 3 points against the ‘top team’, but we need to improve again to ensure we win these next 3 games.

Funny_Old_Game 18th September 2021 17.04:41

Lainton is a great keeper, keep him fit and we've a massive chance even with our midfield.

Liverpool Red 18th September 2021 17.05:50

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2516825]Lainton is a great keeper, keep him fit and we've a massive chance even with our midfield.[/QUOTE]

That save from McCallum’s header was a worldie.

Percy Sugden 18th September 2021 17.06:36

Really enjoyed today’s game. Fantastic. Everything keatesball wasn’t….

blackbrookred 18th September 2021 17.09:37

1st half we dominated possession, loads of corners but no real clear cut chances. 2nd half we dropped off and were lucky they didn't score, but a win is a win, onwards and upwards.

moynkeepthefaith 18th September 2021 17.14:10

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2516796]I'm really.hoping Brisley is available soon to share appearances with Lennon. I like Cleworth but I dont think he's ready yet. Weve conceded 6 of the 8 goals we've conceded this season in games hes played in. Today he was targeted again and found it hard going (although he did well.tbf)[/QUOTE]

Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.
Still - who cares ? 3 points

EnglishRed 18th September 2021 17.18:22

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2516831]Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.
Still - who cares ? 3 points[/QUOTE]

He did really well when he came on, and when we were under a lot of pressure. I don't mean to criticise Cleworth himself, who I do rate, but its a big ask of a 19 year old.

benwilliams 18th September 2021 17.18:28

Just noticed after Chesterfield home on 5th oct we don't play again in the league until the 23rd, lots of time to work on injuries and tactics though may lose match sharpness. Assuming there is a FAT game on the 16th?

Wxm boy 18th September 2021 17.21:00

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2516833]Just noticed after Chesterfield home on 5th oct we don't play again in the league until the 23rd, lots of time to work on injuries and tactics though may lose match sharpness. Assuming there is a FAT game on the 16th?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Fa cup qualifier

MasterSpeight 18th September 2021 17.22:27

Lainton's save vs. McCallum and then that second block (couldn't catch who it was) was second to none. Great defensive performance but it was a shame to see us invite them on to us after being so dominant. My heart fell out my arse when Scott Wilson was through, but held on well and were composed. Very good result, some challenging fixtures coming up still.

Cymro 18th September 2021 17.22:44

I don't think they dominated the second half as some are saying but they did dominate the last twenty minutes. Things are so much better than recent season. While we have players of the class of Mullins we can win games even if the overall performance is unimpressive. And, please god, keep Lainton safe from injury for the whole season this time. Another brilliant save on top of his usual confident performance. Good ref today too, although it was generally a very "clean" game anyway.

Foxy 18th September 2021 17.25:30

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2516831]Thought he was excellent today. Battered second half and great save and awful finishing helped us. They murdered us down our right second half.

Spot on. Great footballing display first half but they missed at least three absolute sitters and should have won. We looked very tired second half.
I think Cleworth has potential but he is getting worse in each game and looked well out of his depth. David Jones made things worse too because his mobility is shot to bits - should never have been given a contract.

Dai83 18th September 2021 17.29:09

I still can't believe their chance at the death, never hit the back of net. Who got the ridiculous block in, Cleworth? I was hiding behind my hands.

OneLoveWrexham 18th September 2021 17.34:23

[QUOTE=Dai83;2516841]I still can't believe their chance at the death, never hit the back of net. Who got the ridiculous block in, Cleworth? I was hiding behind my hands.[/QUOTE]
I was in the tech end and couldn’t see great but looked like Cleworth, it was a fantastic block.

stevewxm 18th September 2021 17.36:37

French done really well against Weston who is a class winger, he won’t come across many better.

dixienormous 18th September 2021 17.38:19

Yep. Midfield looked very good first half with Jones in the middle. We need a playmaker to get the ball into Mullin's feet more often. Im assuming RHJ and Hosannah will be playing as wingbbacks pretty soon and RHJ in particular will make a huge difference.

French got torn a new arse hole by Weston in the second and I was surprised he wasnt told to drop back.

We're slowly becoming a really good side. Thought Macalinden was very good and gave us that physical presence in the middle. He's earnt the right to start now for me.

Very pleased.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.17:36.