Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd September 2021, 21.46:16   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Woking boss's rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
What would be peoples attitude be like if our players hadn't been vaccinated as its almost 100% guaranteed that they all haven't been. Say mullin and Hyde have not been jabbed should we not play them???
Yes because they'd have willingly made themselves liabilities. It isn't difficult.
Old 23rd September 2021, 21.54:40   #29-0 (permalink)
APJ
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wrexham Lager stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redknight View Post
I agree all should be jabbed!
However the vaccine prevents severe symptoms only..

The players would still have caught it
and have to isolate for 10 days meaning the games would have been cancelled?

I know we can't force anyone to be vaccinated but there is a sense of professionalism and personal responsibility in my book
Not true. There is strong evidence that being vaccinated also reduces likelihood of getting infected (doesn't stop it, but reduces the chance). It performs even better in reducing severe disease as you rightly say.
Old 23rd September 2021, 22.20:37   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In a red seat
Twitter: @Wonderboywxm

You’re idiot if you don’t get it, same people who say they don’t know what’s in it. Are the people who do class A drugs
Old 23rd September 2021, 22.48:10   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Not true. There is strong evidence that being vaccinated also reduces likelihood of getting infected (doesn't stop it, but reduces the chance). It performs even better in reducing severe disease as you rightly say.
This exactly.
Old 24th September 2021, 01.29:59   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Everyone seems to be sheep today there is only one side allowed in the mainstream media and the fact its being pushed as protect the vulnerable when it does practically nothing to stop the spread makes me wonder why it's being pushed in this way and then all the crazy conspiracy theories just make it nearly impossible for any genuine information to come out but I guess shep will be sheep
Old 24th September 2021, 06.51:53   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinsuicide View Post
Everyone seems to be sheep today there is only one side allowed in the mainstream media and the fact its being pushed as protect the vulnerable when it does practically nothing to stop the spread makes me wonder why it's being pushed in this way and then all the crazy conspiracy theories just make it nearly impossible for any genuine information to come out but I guess shep will be sheep
With you all the way on this but there is absolutely no way RP is evet going to be the place to discuss,and probably rightly so. So many views,opinions, conflicting advice. Already in this post non vaccinated have been referred to as idiots and selfish. It really will not end good.
Old 24th September 2021, 06.57:30   #34-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
With you all the way on this but there is absolutely no way RP is evet going to be the place to discuss,and probably rightly so. So many views,opinions, conflicting advice. Already in this post non vaccinated have been referred to as idiots and selfish. It really will not end good.
The problem with the debate around this issue is that one side is based on factual information and the other is mostly based on unfounded opinion, a lot of which comes from very spurious sources when you look into it further. These things aren't equal. There may be some very good arguments against getting vaccinated but I haven't seen any, amd I suspect any sensible doubt is being drowned out by the conspiracy theory nonsense.

Back to topic, football clubs should have made it a condition of their contracts, which is nothing new as many jobs require particular inoculations etc
Old 24th September 2021, 07.00:55   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Not had one then?
I guess thats part if the problem. The obsession and the fact people believe it acceptable to ask a total stranger their personal medical status. I have never been asked if I've had the flu jab,its nevet been part of employment rules either. Same goes for any other vaccination. Whether I've had it or not is my choice .As for Covid Vaccine Passports. Another time,another forum.
Old 24th September 2021, 07.37:54   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
I guess thats part if the problem. The obsession and the fact people believe it acceptable to ask a total stranger their personal medical status. I have never been asked if I've had the flu jab,its nevet been part of employment rules either. Same goes for any other vaccination. Whether I've had it or not is my choice .As for Covid Vaccine Passports. Another time,another forum.
Yeah but flu doesn't kill anywhere near as many people as covid or fcuk up the nhs and economy.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.56:41.