Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th October 2021, 21.25:39   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Luke Young

Out for 6-10 weeks according to Parky
Old 5th October 2021, 21.32:54   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Luke Young

I don't know where that leaves us in midfield as we non existant there. However, how many games will h emission that to
E?
Old 6th October 2021, 08.49:02   #3-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I don't know where that leaves us in midfield as we non existant there. However, how many games will h emission that to
E?
Our midfield was performing at 3 out of 10 with LY in it

Last night it was 2 out of 10 if I'm being kind

None of our midfield players are good enough. Most of us said it in May and we've done fook all about it

All very frustrating
Old 6th October 2021, 08.55:13   #4-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: mold rd

I am still trying to work out what sort of midfield player Jones is?

Is he box to box? certainly not a holding midfield player or he would have been playing there given our paucity in that area. We can also say he is not a creative midfield player.

So what is his role?

That said what he is, is a midfield player who played 45 or so games last year in L1. So why has his impact for us been so minimal.

Last edited by KingConnolly; 6th October 2021 at 08.56:20..
Old 6th October 2021, 09.00:42   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingConnolly View Post

Is he box to box? certainly not a holding midfield player or he would have been playing there given our paucity in that area. We can also say he is not a creative midfield player.

So what is his role?

That said what he is, is a midfield player who played 45 or so games last year in L1. So why has his impact for us been so minimal.
last night was his opportunity to step up.
Old 6th October 2021, 09.05:53   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingConnolly View Post

So what is his role?

In his media interview when he signed I recall him saying he was a " box to box midfielder who likes to make sure he does his defensive duties".

I think he's a tidy player. All of our signings have done very well one or two divisions above.So, what's going wrong ?

I think Jones is struggling with the lack of quality around him. He will have played in a tidy Lincoln side who had players who are comfortable on the ball. Our midfield unit isn't working because we are missing that crucial Brad Walker esq player who breaks up play, controls the pace and gets us on the front foot.

The balance is all wrong and PP should have addressed this in the summer.
Old 6th October 2021, 09.17:42   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
In his media interview when he signed I recall him saying he was a " box to box midfielder who likes to make sure he does his defensive duties".

I think he's a tidy player. All of our signings have done very well one or two divisions above.So, what's going wrong ?

I think Jones is struggling with the lack of quality around him. He will have played in a tidy Lincoln side who had players who are comfortable on the ball. Our midfield unit isn't working because we are missing that crucial Brad Walker esq player who breaks up play, controls the pace and gets us on the front foot.

The balance is all wrong and PP should have addressed this in the summer.

This is exactly right . I've seen Jones play many times for both Crewe and Lincoln and he's an excellent player . Give him the ball to his feet and he will produce , he'll work hard and cary the ball forward and is excellent at joining in with the attack .

Problem is , as the moment , we're bypassing the midfield and not playing the kind of football that makes the most of him ..... If we had someone like a Scott green or Gareth Owen to get hold of the ball and get it to Jones we'd see how excellent he really is ...... of course that would also need us to start playing the ball into the midfield rather than hitting it over them for most of the game .
Old 6th October 2021, 09.24:49   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Our midfield was performing at 3 out of 10 with LY in it

Last night it was 2 out of 10 if I'm being kind

None of our midfield players are good enough. Most of us said it in May and we've done fook all about it

All very frustrating
I think I’ll respect Neil Ashton’s opinion more than yours

https://twitter.com/ashy_number3/sta...815534091?s=21

https://twitter.com/ashy_number3/sta...042873349?s=21

Last edited by moldroadred; 6th October 2021 at 09.25:52..
Old 6th October 2021, 09.30:38   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Wrexrent Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
E?
If he's out for 6 weeks he will only miss 3 league games. If it's 10 weeks he will miss 6 league games.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.23:20.