RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   MARINE AFC (Home and Away on Tue) - Thoughts and Predictions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118479-marine-afc-home-away-tue-thoughts-predictions.html)

Prodigal Dragon 17th October 2021 14.42:17

MARINE AFC (Home and Away on Tue) - Thoughts and Predictions

Clearly Wrexham AFC is not a ‘happy home for bunnies’ at the moment, but we need to forget about Saturday’s no-show, and go to Nantwich determined to win. PP and the players have now seen Marine’s ‘whites of their eyes’ so should have a far better idea of their strengths and weaknesses, and how to cope with them.

However, rather than dwelling on Marine, PP’s task is to convince our starting-XI they are good enough to not only win the replay, but to win it well.

Our fans will lift them if they are committed from the first whistle. But many will soon become an albatross around their necks if we look like a bunch of big-time Charlie’s unprepared to do the necessary donkey-work.

I think Marine will again go for it, but their legs won’t be able to last the full 90 minutes. So it’s vital we don’t give away an early goal and press them more.

More in hope than certainty, I think we will progress. However, if both strikers are out then anything could happen.

WXM 3 Mariner 0

louisleftboot 17th October 2021 14.47:28

Re: MARINE AFC (Home and Away on Tue) - Thoughts and Predictions

Spent all morning spray painting ‘Parky Out’ on a bedsheet which I will unfurl after Marine’s first goal. It’s king size so he’ll defo see it.

krux 17th October 2021 14.54:48

I hope Brisley is able to play so we can see if anyone at the club can defend a set piece.

What chance Luke Young back? For all the criticism he gets the last two games have shown how much worse we are without him

frank2 17th October 2021 14.58:21

0-0

Wrexham barely have a shot on goal all match.

Marine win 4-3 on pens

Hometown Unicorn 17th October 2021 15.00:28

Win 3-0 to put me in my place.

Go on lads.

Quay Red 17th October 2021 15.03:08

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2525821]Clearly Wrexham AFC is not a ‘happy home for bunnies’ at the moment, but we need to forget about Saturday’s no-show, and go to Nantwich determined to win. PP and the players have now seen Marine’s ‘whites of their eyes’ so should have a far better idea of their strengths and weaknesses, and how to cope with them.

However, rather than dwelling on Marine, PP’s task is to convince our starting-XI they are good enough to not only win the replay, but to win it well.

Our fans will lift them if they are committed from the first whistle. But many will soon become an albatross around their necks if we look like a bunch of big-time Charlie’s unprepared to do the necessary donkey-work.

I think Marine will again go for it, but their legs won’t be able to last the full 90 minutes. So it’s vital we don’t give away an early goal and press them more.

More in hope than certainty, I think we will progress. However, if both strikers are out then anything could happen.

WXM 3 Mariner 0[/QUOTE]

Not sure that Marine will fade that easily. Neil young has a good reputation for building part time sides and they will be fully committed on Tuesday. We turn up 100% or we'll have another free week shortly.
OR We could play at Aldershot. ( Better than a Tuesday night)

wrexile 17th October 2021 15.17:08

Im an optimist…. But I’m seriously questioning our credentials to progress beyond this game and the main objective. We are showing up to be a team of individuals with little cohesion and even less appetite for a physical battle. Worse still, I doubt that they are playing for the manager anymore and a defeat will be the catalyst for further change.
It’s a pivotal game and not to be underestimated.
I want us to win of course… but I wouldn’t be at least surprised to see us lose this 1-0 as it should have been yesterday.

spuderz123 17th October 2021 15.20:34

Wrexham 1-2 Marine (AET).

Parky out chants after an hour.

Up the Town

Foxy 17th October 2021 15.26:25

It’s not looking good….

Dibble in goal
Our best player (French) in the opening games dropped
Sleepy Hayden at centre half
Physical pushover Tozer at centre half
No Luke Young
The Invisible Man James Jones in midfield
The Slothlike Jordan Davies in midfield
Economical with his work rate Mullin up front
No Hyde

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.03:22.