RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Phil Parkinson reaction to Maidenhead (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118536-phil-parkinson-reaction-maidenhead.html)

Rob 26th October 2021 22.45:19

Phil Parkinson reaction to Maidenhead

[YOUTUBE]CVW0EsKKGdc[/YOUTUBE]

JonesRed 26th October 2021 23.04:25

Re: Phil Parkinson reaction to Maidenhead

A very lackluster, passionless interview in my opinion.

He seemed to make excuses and that is not what a manager should do in that situation.

Nightmancommeth 26th October 2021 23.47:07

Just doesn’t seam arsed does he that’s the worrying thing.

shinner 27th October 2021 01.02:18

If you were an owner of the club would you be impressed ?

WREX01 27th October 2021 05.31:40

He’s doesn’t come across as a very likeable character , kind of in the Keates mould.

Hope he somehow manages to turn it around.

Funny_Old_Game 27th October 2021 06.36:53

Is he aware that he is finished in management if he fails here?

EnglishRed 27th October 2021 07.00:52

I dont know why people even watch these, what do you expect him to say? he has said that the players made elementary mistake they were cautioned against. Its immediately after the game- hes clearly frustrated but he's not going to throw the players under the bus. And if he was id be more worried really.

If I was him id be annoyed the players clearly didn't listen to instructions. You know how Maidenhead are going to play, they only have one mode of playing particularly at home with the slope. We never seem to adjust to playing there.

noisy1 27th October 2021 07.07:56

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2529363]I dont know why people even watch these, what do you expect him to say? he has said that the players made elementary mistake they were cautioned against. Its immediately after the game- hes clearly frustrated but he's not going to throw the players under the bus. And if he was id be more worried really.

If I was him id be annoyed the players clearly didn't listen to instructions. You know how Maidenhead are going to play, they only have one mode of playing particularly at home with the slope. We never seem to adjust to playing there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly,

What he says to the camera is likely to be a million miles away from what he says in the dressing room.
Yes he sets the tactics but once the players take to the field, he can't do anything about the individual errors that occur.

-luke 27th October 2021 07.14:08

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2529363]I dont know why people even watch these, what do you expect him to say? he has said that the players made elementary mistake they were cautioned against. Its immediately after the game- hes clearly frustrated but he's not going to throw the players under the bus. And if he was id be more worried really.

If I was him id be annoyed the players clearly didn't listen to instructions. You know how Maidenhead are going to play, they only have one mode of playing particularly at home with the slope. We never seem to adjust to playing there.[/QUOTE]

I know it sounds unfair, but:

If the players don't follow his instructions... Then it is terrible leadership.

If the players can't follow his instruction... Then he hasn't done a good job of recruitment buying players who don't fit his plan

If the players do follow his instructions, and we still lose... Then he is tactically inept.

The buck always needs to stop with the manager. I know he is constrained by transfer window but he knew the situation when he got into the job. If there are players who are continuing to not do what is expected from them, then why are they not dropped. We have signed players on big money who aren't performing to the standard that you'd expect for their cost...Tozer and Hayden being two of the ones id call out, Reckord is seemingly going backwards. James Jones, another big money player is now starting as a sub??? Who plays dibble (no disrespect to him, because as a conference no2 he isn't the worst out there) when lainton is fit enough to make the bench?

I want us to give a manager time... But we are nearly 25% of the way through a season in which the quality of the teams around us gets higher and higher each year. Every time we don't go up it gets harder to do so.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.11:40.