Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th October 2021, 09.31:52   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Maidenhead overreaction

First of all REALLY DISAPPOINTING RESULT !

However:-

- dominated the first 15 mins
- 2nd maidenhead goal clearly individual defensive mistakes - not the managers fault
- sending off - not the managers fault
- second half dominant for the first 30 mins - got back into the game
- several very good chances , balls cleared off the line and great saves from their keeper
- their 3rd goal - against the run of play when we were pushing for ( and nearly getting ) a winner and we only had 10 men .

So from the manager's point of view , my only comment would be , should we have sat on the 2-2 rather than push for the win - personally, I don't think so ... sitting back would have invited pressure and may have made things harder for us ..but for some last ditch defending and great saves from their keeper , we would have won that game even with the individual defensive mistakes in the 1st half and Bryce being sent off but for the last ditch defending from Maidenhead and some VERY questionable refereeing decisions .

I know there's a group of fans who don't like Parkinson and haven't wanted him since day 1 - but other than the result , which could easily have gone the other way , I take a lot of positives from the game and certainly don't think you can blame the management for the result

Last edited by rob_the_red; 27th October 2021 at 09.38:44..
Old 27th October 2021, 09.54:43   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Maidenhead overreaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
First of all REALLY DISAPPOINTING RESULT !

However:-

- dominated the first 15 mins
- 2nd maidenhead goal clearly individual defensive mistakes - not the managers fault
- sending off - not the managers fault
- second half dominant for the first 30 mins - got back into the game
- several very good chances , balls cleared off the line and great saves from their keeper
- their 3rd goal - against the run of play when we were pushing for ( and nearly getting ) a winner and we only had 10 men .

So from the manager's point of view , my only comment would be , should we have sat on the 2-2 rather than push for the win - personally, I don't think so ... sitting back would have invited pressure and may have made things harder for us ..but for some last ditch defending and great saves from their keeper , we would have won that game even with the individual defensive mistakes in the 1st half and Bryce being sent off but for the last ditch defending from Maidenhead and some VERY questionable refereeing decisions .

I know there's a group of fans who don't like Parkinson and haven't wanted him since day 1 - but other than the result , which could easily have gone the other way , I take a lot of positives from the game and certainly don't think you can blame the management for the result

We have a massive budget and have won 4 league games out of 11 and last night we lost to another part time team.No excuses of the players need time to gel we have Mullin up front who will score from every 2 chances if it was Angus playing upfront for all of those 11 League games i think we would have been in the bottom 4.
Old 27th October 2021, 09.58:34   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Well done Rob the Red - some good observations, positive comments and probably a very accurate impression of the match.

However this is a results led situation and we are falling far short . If all the above is true why are we losing games?
Something has to change.
Old 27th October 2021, 10.07:44   #4-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop

Any chance we will appeal against the red card? seems that the 4th official the only one who saw a serious offence?
Old 27th October 2021, 10.07:55   #5-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

It's not just that game is it.

We're 13 points off the top already and the title has gone out of our reach by the end of October.

We've won 4 games and 2 of them were scraped wins over Dagenham and then Woking, we should have lost both matches and were beyond lucky.

Oh, we've spent more money than every team in the division.
Old 27th October 2021, 10.14:42   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post

We're 13 points off the top already and the title has gone out of our reach by the end of October.

We've won 4 games and 2 of them were scraped wins over Dagenham and then Woking, we should have lost both matches and were beyond lucky.

Lol…. Weren’t Torquay 10 points plus in the clear at a further point last season?

I’m sure someone mentioned we’re playing them on Saturday…..
Old 27th October 2021, 10.21:32   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post

13 points with 2 games in hand - one of those games we virtually had won before it as called off - win the 2 games and we're 7 points off the top with a long way to go

It's absolutely been a rocky start- but anyone who expected anything other than a work in progress for the first few months was being totally unrealistic

Moving Tozer to mid field has made a significant difference performances have been a lot better the last 3 games including last night

WE absolutely should be expecting to win every game - but we should also be realistic in understanding that won't happen ...

.. how long did it take after Man City came into money before they dominated teams week in week out ? --- it was far from instant .

I fully expect us to be less than 10 points off the top by Christmas and if we do that ,we'll certainly make the playoffs , if not automatic promotion .

WE have spent a lot of money , but we also have a good few teams in the division that had MUCH better quads than us before we started spending in the summer .

I'm not happy with the results, but I can see the progress and I still firmly believe we're going to have a successful season ..... just wish people were a bit more realistic and there was a bit less moaning - but then I should know better than to expect that by now .
Old 27th October 2021, 10.21:51   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Agree with RtR

The vibe I'm picking up from those who were actually there is much more positive than those who were not.
At 2 - 2 I feel the 10 men were dominating and to go for the win was understandable. Sadly it backfired and having lost, the detractors will use that as a stick to bang their drum.

Am I happy with the way the season us going? Not really and I am hoping we can start getting back to back wins and clean sheets soon.

Do I want Parky out? No, he still has several players to be moved on and continue the rebuild in January. Let's see how that pans out.

Did I expect promotion this season? I'd say I hoped for rather than expected. I felt we were far short of a promotion winning squad and that the rebuild required was to large to be completed in one summer.
Old 27th October 2021, 10.23:59   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Lol…. Weren’t Torquay 10 points plus in the clear at a further point last season?

I’m sure someone mentioned we’re playing them on Saturday…..
They were 10 or 12 points clear at Christmas. Plenty of time left.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.59:56.