Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Phil Parkinson
Does he stay? 142 43.03%
Does he depart? 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th November 2021, 07.18:43   #217-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Phil Parkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Prior to his appointment, I’m pretty sure people would have been saying he is a ‘proper’ manager and surely not much has changed. He’s managed for nearly 20 years at a level far greater than ours. I am sure he knows what he’s doing and what is needed.

Of course, if we only win another 1 or 2 games from now until January, I’ll question whether the players are buying in and if not, why.

Let’s not forget he has the virtue of an experienced assistant in Steve Parkin who equally knows what he’s doing. For this once, we need to stick with the manager and wait for reinforcements in January. Even further on, he needs to get his own squad in place.

If anything, the fault lies with the club because he was appointed quite late; a full month after Keates left. Had he been in the job the first week of June we might have got a few more better players.
Quote:
It’s a problem for me, too. My biggest fear is the players aren’t buying in and if that’s the case then maybe it’s easier to get rid of the manager than a dozen players. As you say, 6 points from two clubs who can barely score, let alone win at home, is essential.
It's difficult to know what the players are thinking, but if there is a whiff of dissension between manager and staff it's important to sort it out and not let it fester.

Despite our failure to sort out the midfield, we should have enough to win these next 3 games, come hell or high-water. Anything other than 3 wins should send alarm bells ringing from North Wales to LA.

We missed a trick when not having a replacement already lined up to commence the moment the sale went through. Yes, PP should be doing better than what he currently is, but I fear for the sanity of those who are now harking for Keates. We need to move forward and not look back, whether that be under PP or someone else. But it would be a very ballsy move to sack PP just yet, and especially before the transfer window opens. Bottomline is that PP and players all need to up their games.
Old 8th November 2021, 07.40:49   #218-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Durrell said on the latest FiD podcast that players (he named Reckord) have been enthusiastic about PP and his style of play, trying to play football the right way (??). He did say he hasn’t spoken to him in a couple of weeks though.
Old 8th November 2021, 08.11:12   #219-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Not sure anyone is clamouring for Keates but I suppose it demonstrates he didn’t do a bad job managing the club.
Old 8th November 2021, 08.19:08   #220-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Not sure anyone is clamouring for Keates but I suppose it demonstrates he didn’t do a bad job managing the club.
You'll have to up your game to compete with Foxy's fishing.
Old 8th November 2021, 08.27:28   #221-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
You'll have to up your game to compete with Foxy's fishing.
He didn’t do a bad job. He got last season’s crappy squad on the verge of the playoffs; hardly a great achievement but still…

When he managed us first time around, he has us top of the league in January. We can only dream of the defensively stability Keates had!

But yes, the product was pretty boring to watch although following a promising start, this season is turning the same way.

Last edited by Alan Attack; 8th November 2021 at 08.39:30..
Old 8th November 2021, 08.34:29   #222-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
He didn’t do a bad job. He got last season’s crappy squad on the verge of the playoffs; hardly a great achieved but still…

When he managed us first time around, he has us top of the league in January. We can only dream of the defensively stability Keates had!

But yes, the product was pretty boring to watch although following a promising start, this season is turning the same way.
Ill admit i was a big critic of Keates and his style of play but given now that we know he was working on a lot smaller budget than was trumpeted by the Trust i look at his tenures in a different light.

If and its a big if PP does drop points in the next two games then i think the owners will be contacting other managers. I would hope of the worst comes to the worst we would have someone ready to come in straight away.

We are in a situation where we can afford to be more ruthless but its a difficult call at the moment.
Old 8th November 2021, 08.37:06   #223-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I don't see any fishing from AA just facts. I am also sure nobody has suggested bringing DK back but rather comparing the two managers. Like it or not the team had a plan under DK - horrible to watch but a plan nevertheless.
Old 8th November 2021, 09.50:38   #224-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
He didn’t do a bad job. He got last season’s crappy squad on the verge of the playoffs; hardly a great achievement but still…

I don't think we are seeing better performances now than we did under Hughes. If you account for the differences in quality of signings and the budget that's a pretty damming indictment of PPs ability imo.
Old 8th November 2021, 10.30:05   #225-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

It’s become such a cliche in football to just say sack the manager when they lose a few games and especially among Wrexham fans and it’s become a little ridiculous. A few weeks ago when we cruised to victory vs Barnet, one of the most liked comments in the twitter section was “full credit to Parkinson for swallowing his pride and turning it around”, then the next game it’s the usual “get rid” comments, our fans are so fickle it’s unbelievable, but it’s definitely believable because it happens every time we don’t have a positive result. I have no idea if Parkinson is going to be a success here (he’s shown in the past at Bradford and I think Bolton that he knows what he’s doing), but what I do know is that a manager needs at least two windows to build his team. The amount of turnaround we had in the summer (including losing our club captain and defensive organiser) makes it almost impossible to have a team that’s convincing in a few months, these things can take time, unless you’re very lucky. People say we’re having bad results (I say bad results, because if we’re being honest, we haven’t actually lost that many) because of Parkinson’s tactics but look at how many individual errors we make, where we switch off and lose a man from a cross, what can Parkinson do there? You bring a new manager in and the same mistakes will still be made, because it’s an error from one person and it’s not the manager. As a manager you keep an eye on the ones consistently making the mistakes because then when you have a window, you bring in someone new to replace them. You bring in someone new and they won’t be as familiar with the players as Parkinson is, so you get kind of a papering over the cracks effect because most teams improve when a new manager comes in, then they revert to old ways a few games later. I think if we were close to the other exit, I might have a different mindset because you then do it out of desperation to stay up, but at the moment we’re only a few wins away from the play offs and if we were given the Aldershot win we’d be even closer and people wouldn’t be freaking out so much, because that’s football. (Sorry this is so long)
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.35:50.