RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Phil Parkinson (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118618-phil-parkinson.html)

LlayDragon 8th November 2021 10.50:39

Re: Phil Parkinson

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2534176]I don't see any fishing from AA just facts. I am also sure nobody has suggested bringing DK back but rather comparing the two managers. Like it or not the team had a plan under DK - horrible to watch but a plan nevertheless.[/QUOTE]

Alan's always loved to needle.

Cartman 8th November 2021 11.01:56

Parkinson is on thin, thin ice. We could poach 95% of managers from this league and probably over half of the ones in the league above, maybe even some League One bosses. No reason we should be persisting with increasingly worse performances for too much longer. The owners were too nice to Keates, he should have been gone straight away. If they've realised that mistake then they won't repeat it with Parkinson

Alan Attack 8th November 2021 11.14:51

[QUOTE=-luke;2534198]I don't think we are seeing better performances now than we did under Hughes. If you account for the differences in quality of signings and the budget that's a pretty damming indictment of PPs ability imo.[/QUOTE]

If a guy like Parkinson is struggling, it proves how much of a difficult task it is. The next two matches are huge for him as the Wealdstone game on 20th could be toxic if we’re not picking up 4 points as an absolute minimum.

crazywelsh 8th November 2021 11.21:47

[QUOTE=Cartman;2534232]Parkinson is on thin, thin ice. We could poach 95% of managers from this league and probably over half of the ones in the league above, maybe even some League One bosses. No reason we should be persisting with increasingly worse performances for too much longer. The owners were too nice to Keates, he should have been gone straight away. If they've realised that mistake then they won't repeat it with Parkinson[/QUOTE]

I think the ice is on the verge of cracking.

Seems the players have given up which is the beginning of the end.

Whoever come in would have their work cut out, we don’t have the team to change to a 433.

Taff9172 8th November 2021 12.44:43

Think nothing more than 3 wins out the next 3 games otherwise he needs to go

michaelps 8th November 2021 15.23:52

Agreed. I have voted given it's a straight yes/no for him to stay.
If you ask me this question this time next week though after the next 2 games let alone 3 the answer could be very different.
Steve WAFC you say it is a cliche to sack the manager but albeit at a different level two managers were sacked this weekend in Daniel Farke and Dean Smith who had a lot of credit in the bank at Norwich and Villa.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for PP

NewportRoadEnd 8th November 2021 15.28:12

[QUOTE=michaelps;2534298]Agreed. I have voted given it's a straight yes/no for him to stay.
If you ask me this question this time next week though after the next 2 games let alone 3 the answer could be very different.
Steve WAFC you say it is a cliche to sack the manager but albeit at a different level two managers were sacked this weekend in Daniel Farke and Dean Smith who had a lot of credit in the bank at Norwich and Villa.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO [B]and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for P[/B]P[/QUOTE]

I voted for him to stay and I want him to be successful here, but less than 4 points from those games is probably the end.

SteveWAFC 8th November 2021 16.17:56

[QUOTE=michaelps;2534298]Agreed. I have voted given it's a straight yes/no for him to stay.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for PP[/QUOTE]

Well I feel that both those sackings were harsh, Smith more than Farke, but the latter has done an awful lot for Norwich.
You look at our form this season and it will tell you that we are just inconsistent, that’s exactly what I’d expect with a new team and coaching structure. But we’re not losing game after game (we’ve lost the same amount as Grimsby and Notts I think), what we’re doing is drawing too many. If say, you switched the drawn/lost stats, so we drew 3 and lost 5 (?), that raises questions and obviously we’d be much lower down the table with those figures, but currently when we’re only a few wins off the play offs, I don’t think that’s when you sack a manager because we’re definitely not far away, as the stats show. We’ve shown in games this season that we can be an attacking force, we just need to tighten up defensively, but it can also take time for defensive partnerships to form and you can include the keeper in that too, people need time to get used to each other and understand how they operate. Win tomorrow and beat Kings Lynn on Saturday and things look brighter again

Vorporix 8th November 2021 16.20:40

He should get until Xmas and if then if things don't improve consider the bums rush......

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.51:06.