Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Phil Parkinson
Does he stay? 142 43.03%
Does he depart? 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th November 2021, 11.50:39   #226-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Phil Parkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I don't see any fishing from AA just facts. I am also sure nobody has suggested bringing DK back but rather comparing the two managers. Like it or not the team had a plan under DK - horrible to watch but a plan nevertheless.
Alan's always loved to needle.
Old 8th November 2021, 12.01:56   #227-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Parkinson is on thin, thin ice. We could poach 95% of managers from this league and probably over half of the ones in the league above, maybe even some League One bosses. No reason we should be persisting with increasingly worse performances for too much longer. The owners were too nice to Keates, he should have been gone straight away. If they've realised that mistake then they won't repeat it with Parkinson

Last edited by Cartman; 8th November 2021 at 12.03:39..
Old 8th November 2021, 12.14:51   #228-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
I don't think we are seeing better performances now than we did under Hughes. If you account for the differences in quality of signings and the budget that's a pretty damming indictment of PPs ability imo.
If a guy like Parkinson is struggling, it proves how much of a difficult task it is. The next two matches are huge for him as the Wealdstone game on 20th could be toxic if we’re not picking up 4 points as an absolute minimum.
Old 8th November 2021, 12.21:47   #229-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Parkinson is on thin, thin ice. We could poach 95% of managers from this league and probably over half of the ones in the league above, maybe even some League One bosses. No reason we should be persisting with increasingly worse performances for too much longer. The owners were too nice to Keates, he should have been gone straight away. If they've realised that mistake then they won't repeat it with Parkinson
I think the ice is on the verge of cracking.

Seems the players have given up which is the beginning of the end.

Whoever come in would have their work cut out, we don’t have the team to change to a 433.

Last edited by crazywelsh; 8th November 2021 at 12.23:33..
Old 8th November 2021, 13.44:43   #230-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wrexham Lager Stand

Think nothing more than 3 wins out the next 3 games otherwise he needs to go
Old 8th November 2021, 16.23:52   #231-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Agreed. I have voted given it's a straight yes/no for him to stay.
If you ask me this question this time next week though after the next 2 games let alone 3 the answer could be very different.
Steve WAFC you say it is a cliche to sack the manager but albeit at a different level two managers were sacked this weekend in Daniel Farke and Dean Smith who had a lot of credit in the bank at Norwich and Villa.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for PP
Old 8th November 2021, 16.28:12   #232-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
If you ask me this question this time next week though after the next 2 games let alone 3 the answer could be very different.
Steve WAFC you say it is a cliche to sack the manager but albeit at a different level two managers were sacked this weekend in Daniel Farke and Dean Smith who had a lot of credit in the bank at Norwich and Villa.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for PP
I voted for him to stay and I want him to be successful here, but less than 4 points from those games is probably the end.
Old 8th November 2021, 17.17:56   #233-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
Well I feel that both those sackings were harsh, Smith more than Farke, but the latter has done an awful lot for Norwich.
You look at our form this season and it will tell you that we are just inconsistent, that’s exactly what I’d expect with a new team and coaching structure. But we’re not losing game after game (we’ve lost the same amount as Grimsby and Notts I think), what we’re doing is drawing too many. If say, you switched the drawn/lost stats, so we drew 3 and lost 5 (?), that raises questions and obviously we’d be much lower down the table with those figures, but currently when we’re only a few wins off the play offs, I don’t think that’s when you sack a manager because we’re definitely not far away, as the stats show. We’ve shown in games this season that we can be an attacking force, we just need to tighten up defensively, but it can also take time for defensive partnerships to form and you can include the keeper in that too, people need time to get used to each other and understand how they operate. Win tomorrow and beat Kings Lynn on Saturday and things look brighter again

Last edited by SteveWAFC; 8th November 2021 at 17.19:30..
Old 8th November 2021, 17.20:40   #234-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

He should get until Xmas and if then if things don't improve consider the bums rush......
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.00:38.