RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Daily Post (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118650-daily-post.html)

Ddraigoch 12th November 2021 12.03:39

Daily Post

I receive the Daily Post electronically every morning and as I work away from home quite a bit, it is good to keep up with North Wales news.

What I have noticed since the COVID-19 pandemic is the absolute lack of Wrexham fc news.

You can read all you want of Liverpool, Everton, Man City and Man Utd, the Welsh Rugby team and many other sporting stories but some news about Wrexham FC? It just doesn’t happen.

I don’t think there has been a mention of our win at Aldershot. I get that getting the story in the following day’s paper when the game finishes just before 10pm is a bit of a stretch but come on, surely by 5am the following day isn’t beyond the bounds of possibility.

I understand some guy has been appointed to run Wrexham stories but what has happened to him?

I think it is time to stop the subscription.

Rant over

Bushfield Stand 12th November 2021 12.09:53

Re: Daily Post

Totally agree with you, they just seem to be obsessed with Carol Vorderman stories now - mind you I suppose all that Botox and filler has to be paid for somehow!!

El Jonez 12th November 2021 12.11:50

Enter the Caws...

marinman 12th November 2021 12.14:55

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2535828]I receive the Daily Post electronically every morning and as I work away from home quite a bit, it is good to keep up with North Wales news.

What I have noticed since the COVID-19 pandemic is the absolute lack of Wrexham fc news.

You can read all you want of Liverpool, Everton, Man City and Man Utd, the Welsh Rugby team and many other sporting stories but some news about Wrexham FC? It just doesn’t happen.

I don’t think there has been a mention of our win at Aldershot. I get that getting the story in the following day’s paper when the game finishes just before 10pm is a bit of a stretch but come on, surely by 5am the following day isn’t beyond the bounds of possibility.

I understand some guy has been appointed to run Wrexham stories but what has happened to him?

I think it is time to stop the subscription.

Rant over[/QUOTE]

It's poor. I picked a copy up Wednesday morning. Nothing about the club.
Glad I didn't pay for it.

Ddraigoch 12th November 2021 12.30:46

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2535832]Enter the Caws...[/QUOTE]

Nothing cheesy about this post!

Foxy 12th November 2021 12.55:30

[QUOTE=Bushfield Stand;2535831]Totally agree with you, they just seem to be obsessed with Carol Vorderman stories now - mind you I suppose all that Botox and filler has to be paid for somehow!![/QUOTE]

They are obsessed with Covid and Carol Vorderman. Indeed anything that will chase readers or clicks.

benwilliams 12th November 2021 12.57:24

Think Caws has been covering Wales?

WasanActonlad 12th November 2021 13.00:59

Once upon a time it was a good regional newspaper..covering north wales, wales , uk and international..
Monday used to be great re north wales soccer round up at all levels..
It's not what it was and sadly never will be again

Corner Flag 12th November 2021 13.51:45

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2535863]Once upon a time it was a good regional newspaper..covering north wales, wales , uk and international..
Monday used to be great re north wales soccer round up at all levels..
It's not what it was and sadly never will be again[/QUOTE]

It's certainly not a North Wales paper anymore. I pick a copy up have a quick look and if no Wrexham footy or news I put it back.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.56:01.