Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th November 2021, 23.28:43   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Default What are our expectations?

Interesting to hear so many boos today, especially when we didn't lose the game. Wealstone have been doing well recently, and coming here, in front of so many fans, they were always going to tough to break down.

I really don't agree with booing the players, especially after a draw, but hearing this today had got me thinking? What do we really expect this season? What are our expectations as fans?

I'm really interested to hear what you are all expecting, or what was your expectations at the beginning of the season? To me, we are at the very start of a new project new management team, new players and new systems. It takes time, and Rome was not built in a day.

My expections for the season would be to make the playoffs, and you never know what might happen, especially with the support we have.

Did anyone, or does anyone, really expect us to win the league this season, and if so, I that the reason you were booing today?
Old 21st November 2021, 00.32:37   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: What are our expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Interesting to hear so many boos today, especially when we didn't lose the game. Wealstone have been doing well recently, and coming here, in front of so many fans, they were always going to tough to break down.

I really don't agree with booing the players, especially after a draw, but hearing this today had got me thinking? What do we really expect this season? What are our expectations as fans?

I'm really interested to hear what you are all expecting, or what was your expectations at the beginning of the season? To me, we are at the very start of a new project new management team, new players and new systems. It takes time, and Rome was not built in a day.

My expections for the season would be to make the playoffs, and you never know what might happen, especially with the support we have.

Did anyone, or does anyone, really expect us to win the league this season, and if so, I that the reason you were booing today?
So what is Wealdstones budget £400,000 at a guess We are probably paying more for our advisers who have brought in players on very decent money so far we have had average crowds of 8500 fans which is incredible,off the pitch we are being backed by so much going on which is to the advantage of Wrexham fc and on the pitch we are being let down by the managers tactics or players who are not up to the job.You can not blame fans for that display as it was a disgrace did you actually got to today or on the wind up ????
Old 21st November 2021, 02.50:59   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Next season in the national league.
Old 21st November 2021, 03.08:48   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

My expectations are a lot higher than what the manager and players are currently serving up. If the aim is for mid table stability then we are doing well although probably we could be doing it on half the present budget. Also getting fed up of getting up at 1am here in Australia and hearing almost every week that the opposition have a midfielder who is light years ahead of anything we have.
Old 21st November 2021, 06.36:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

We have had 7 points from a possible 9 in our last 3 games, fans are expecting to win every game so obviously are going to be disappointed.

Watch what Harvey says I his interview, its a results business not a performance business. I know its frustrating but we have no right to beat Wealstone, who actually went into yesterday's game on 3 game unbeated run. Are we saying Grimsby won't make the the playoffs, or get promoted because they last 1 0 to Wealstone?
Old 21st November 2021, 06.45:32   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Playoffs for sure

Then it’s anyone’s to win, as has been seen before.
Old 21st November 2021, 06.53:07   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Booing was unacceptable, it wasn’t a defeat.

Parky seriously needs to pull something out the bag however, we’ve spent a lot of money and shouldn’t be outside the play offs, equally the football being served up is awful and always seems a lack of effort due to midfield not having the cojones to battle for the ball.

We’re a working class town and expect our players to put in a bit more effort.

Expectation is we should be top 5 right now.
Old 21st November 2021, 07.03:36   #8-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Challenging near the top, playing exciting football.

Reality, mid table and just as dull as before.
Old 21st November 2021, 07.06:54   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech

I don’t expect us to win every game. What I do expect is a clear strategy, and hard work both of which have been alarmingly missing all season. I was bored yesterday. We didn’t seem to do anything for large swathes of the game.

Wealdstone clearly turned up with a game plan to be solid and difficult to break down. They executed it perfectly and we didn’t have a clue how it break it down. That lies solely with the manager.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.57:24.