Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st November 2021, 14.47:10   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Ratings Versus WEALDSTONE (H)

LAINTON (7) - Brought some much needed urgency to a sluggish team. He has his faults but the defence are more confident when he is between the sticks.

HALL-JOHNSON (3) - Poor game and a passenger for most of it. Did very little and looked slow and unfit.

HAYDEN (8) - Thought it was his best game, albeit Wealdstone weren't exactly Chelsea. Most importantly, no major brain-farts! My MotM.

TOZZER (7) - Solid.

LENNON (7) - Solid. The 3 CBs and keeper kept us in the game.

HOSANNAH (6) - Needed quicker ball. Looked dangerous when he ran at their defence. Hope his knock is nothing serious.

J JONES (5) - He hasn't set the world on fire so far, but you can see what he is trying to do. Would benefit from some better quality players around him.

YOUNG (5) - Mostly for the yardage and a couple of long-range shots, but his positioning and distribution is poor. Not captain material, which I am sure is hindering his performances.

DAVIES (4) - This was his chance to shine but he couldn't lift his game to compensate for Young and Jones' failings. In my opinion he was the weakest of the midfield trio. Sadly, none of them could run at Wealdstone at pace.

PONTICELLI (5) - Starved of the ball, but I expected better. Posed very little threat.

MULLIN (6) - Unlucky and also indecisive. Should have bagged a couple on a better day. Disappointing to see him handle the ball, get booked, and still argue with the ref. Nevertheless, we are a poorer team without him.

Subs:

GREEN (6) - Like Hosannah, he has the pace to run at defenders. Started well but then sat too deep.

HYDE (6) - Ring-rusty but unlucky not to score from Mullin's perfect cross. Hope he is good to start on Tuesday.

JARVIS (5) - Fannied about too much when we needed to get the ball into the danger area.

Another very frustrating day at the Racecourse in front of another very large crowd. We had numerous chances to score and were denied by some good saves and last minute defending. But a lot of our finishing was poor.

Does the 3-5-2 work? It has done but yesterday it flopped. Why? Our midfield ain't good enough and the 2 WBs never really got into the game. Thankfully, our CBs coped well, but the 2 forwards were isolated and living off scraps.

Ultimately, two points dropped against a team we should have beaten, regardless how well they have done recently. That raises more doubt in PP's ability to steer the ship. Best we regroup quickly, for these next 3 games will be a challenge, and we need to win them and get points.

January will soon be here, but there are lots of games between now and then, and what we are doing so far is not yet good enough, even with those 2 high-scoring wins at KLT and Aldershot.
Old 21st November 2021, 14.50:45   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Default Re: Ratings Versus WEALDSTONE (H)

532 ain’t working at home but the big question is. Is PP persisting with it in view of players who are coming in??
Old 21st November 2021, 14.57:13   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Lainton 6 literally nothing to do

Hall Johnson 2 awful
Hossanah 5 started too deep and needs to get forward more to provide width

Tozer, Hayden and Lennon 7 all looked solid and a big step up from last season

Jones 5 best midfielder we have but needs to want the ball more
Davies and Young 4 both hid all game, gave the ball away at every opportunity and countless lazy fouls

Mullin 5 massively off the pace for some reason, was he injured? Or simply frustrated?
Ponticelli 2 dreadful player, second tounch a tackle and didn’t even look interested in pressing.

Subs

Green 6 done what Hossanah should of been doing, he added width and got forward to make something happen.

Hyde 5 sloppy and should of scored a tap in

Jarvis 5 wanted to get on the ball to make things happen but but the crowd got on his back and he melted away.
Old 21st November 2021, 14.59:13   #4-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Pretty accurate PD but I would have scored Mullin lower.
Old 21st November 2021, 15.02:15   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Shiite.....BOOOOOOOOOO
Old 21st November 2021, 15.08:19   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

How can Jones get a 5 when he barely completed a pass ?

I watched him closely and aside from passing backwards he made 1 decent pass in the second half

Gets a 1 from me
Old 21st November 2021, 15.10:08   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
How can Jones get a 5 when he barely completed a pass ?

I watched him closely and aside from passing backwards he made 1 decent pass in the second half

Gets a 1 from me
That 1 decent pass was 1 more than Young and Davies made yesterday.
Old 21st November 2021, 15.12:14   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Lainton 6 fine

Hayden 6 fine
Tozer 6 fine
Lennon 6 fine

RHJ 5 struggled
Hosannah 4 has one or two good runs but can’t pass and gets pushed around

Young 6 ok
Davies 5 in and out as ever
Jones 2 LOL

Point 4 poor
Mullin 6 moments, but not his day

Subs

Green 6 seems a better option than Hosannah
Jarvis 5 has got a nice touch on the ball, but is so lightweight and is knocked off the ball by any grown man that comes near.
Old 21st November 2021, 15.14:45   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Lainton 6 literally nothing to do

Hall Johnson 2 awful
Hossanah 5 started too deep and needs to get forward more to provide width

Tozer, Hayden and Lennon 7 all looked solid and a big step up from last season

Jones 5 best midfielder we have but needs to want the ball more
Davies and Young 4 both hid all game, gave the ball away at every opportunity and countless lazy fouls

Mullin 5 massively off the pace for some reason, was he injured? Or simply frustrated?
Ponticelli 2 dreadful player, second tounch a tackle and didn’t even look interested in pressing.

Subs

Green 6 done what Hossanah should of been doing, he added width and got forward to make something happen.

Hyde 5 sloppy and should of scored a tap in

Jarvis 5 wanted to get on the ball to make things happen but but the crowd got on his back and he melted away.
Hard to argue with most of that. Davies 4 and Young 5 for me. Agree about the defence , how people can talk of Pearson being better is very strange.
Ponticelli deserved the chance but blew it big style though Hyde hardly eclipsed him massively. Personally I would love to just see Thomas with Mullin.
Mullin seems a mood player and looked frustrated yesterday which I’ve noticed before.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.32:19.