Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th April 2022, 09.22:06   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd
Twitter: @

Default Title Race

Whilst the title race seemingly all but over, after the late winner from Stockport yesterday. Maybe there is some glimmer of hope.

If we win all our remaining games. We'll finish on 96 points.

If Stockport beat Yeovil, Boreham Wood & Torquay. Draw against Chesterfield & Halifax and lose against Wrexham. That would also place them on 96 points.

The GD is currently +10 in Stockport's favour.

If we can win heavy at either Woking or Weymouth. As per Barnet & Altrincham games. Maybe the title can be decided on GD?

I'd say i'm talking crazy. Hoping for 4,5 or 6 - 0. However, after the season were having and our goal scoring prowess. Anything is possible.

Always the optimist.
Old 19th April 2022, 09.45:48   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Default Re: Title Race

If we were 4 points behind Stockport but not going to play them in the run in most would say we’re still in it. It’s a slight chance, but still a chance.
Old 19th April 2022, 09.49:40   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Keep believing. It feels like there could be something special happening, but we'll see.
Old 19th April 2022, 09.50:09   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

If we can get within five points or fewer by the time they come here, it's game on. A win for us would mean they need to get something against Halifax on the last day to be sure of promotion. Halifax could well be fighting for 3rd place at this point.

However, this scenario also means they could be crowned champions at the Racecourse...
Old 19th April 2022, 09.52:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex4life View Post
Keep believing. It feels like there could be something special happening, but we'll see.
Keep the faith its not over until its over
Old 19th April 2022, 09.57:24   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury-red View Post
If we can get within five points or fewer by the time they come here, it's game on. A win for us would mean they need to get something against Halifax on the last day to be sure of promotion. Halifax could well be fighting for 3rd place at this point.

However, this scenario also means they could be crowned champions at the Racecourse...
Close, but in reality you need to be going ahead of us if you beat us. After you we play Torquay on the Wednesday night at home.

Your second sentence poses an interesting question. Would you rather a) The title be wrapped up before we play you or B) Have us win it at your place?

Option C in this scenario doesn't exist. I also don't think it will be done before we play you, but do think option B could happen.
Old 19th April 2022, 10.03:16   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreckless View Post
Close, but in reality you need to be going ahead of us if you beat us. After you we play Torquay on the Wednesday night at home.

Your second sentence poses an interesting question. Would you rather a) The title be wrapped up before we play you or B) Have us win it at your place?

Option C in this scenario doesn't exist. I also don't think it will be done before we play you, but do think option B could happen.
Ahhhh didn't realise you had the extra game v Torquay - certainly won't be an easy game for you lot however.

In regards to your question, I'd say option A but without the guard of honour
Old 19th April 2022, 10.03:49   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury-red View Post
Ahhhh didn't realise you had the extra game v Torquay - certainly won't be an easy game for you lot however.

In regards to your question, I'd say option A but without the guard of honour
I think if the situation were reversed, I'd take option A too.
Old 19th April 2022, 10.06:44   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I think the weekend was highly significant. Of course it isn't over yet but the odds massively favour Stockport. Any scenario involves us beating them at home (very possible but not a given) and looking at the table perhaps Halifax will already have sealed third spot and rest players for that final game. I hope I'm wrong but its all looking to me like a mountain to climb now.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.14:10.