Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th April 2022, 21.20:58   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Weymouth ratings

Such an odd game, the first 20 minutes was atrocious, the rest of the 1st half we tried but no quality end product but then the 2nd was absolutely clinical

Dibble 7 - not at fault for the goal, very solid, didn't notice he wasn't Lainton tonight which is a big compliment
RHJ 7 - did well when he came on, drove us forward and seemed more productive
French 7 - toiled a bit at RWB and not as attacking as RHJ, looked comfortable when moved into centre half
Hayden 5 - odd nervy performance, loads of misplaced passes, must have been struggling with injury
Tozer 7 - composed after mistake cost us v Woking
Cleworth 7 - another who was poor on Saturday but comfortable outing tonight and good going forward
McAlinden 8 - not tested defensively which suited him. Much better going forward than Saturday, better quality delivery and 2 good assists
Young 7 - partly at fault for their goal but v quick thinking for Davies' 1st and unlucky not to score with some good long range efforts
Davies 7 - odd as he did very little in general play and was particularly poor 1st half but won us the game with 2 exquisite finishes
Jones 8 - best player v Woking and took it on again tonight, great finish and constantly creating and driving us forward, great game
Palmer 6 - pretty much nothing worked for him and had a poor game but a great finish for his goal showed his quality
Mullin 9 MOM. I thought he was v poor Saturday, polar opposite today. One of v few to show up well 1st half, got his reward with 2 goals 2nd half to cap off and all action performance
Old 26th April 2022, 21.34:28   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now my Couch

Default Re: Weymouth ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Such an odd game, the first 20 minutes was atrocious, the rest of the 1st half we tried but no quality end product but then the 2nd was absolutely clinical

Dibble 7 - not at fault for the goal, very solid, didn't notice he wasn't Lainton tonight which is a big compliment
French 7 - toiled a bit at RWB and not as attacking as RHJ, looked comfortable when moved into centre half
Hayden 5 - odd nervy performance, loads of misplaced passes, must have been struggling with injury
Cleworth 7 - another who was poor on Saturday but comfortable outing tonight and good going forward
McAlinden 8 - not tested defensively which suited him. Much better going forward than Saturday, better quality delivery and 2 good assists
Young 7 - partly at fault for their goal but v quick thinking for Davies' 1st and unlucky not to score with some good long range efforts
Davies 7 - odd as he did very little in general play and was particularly poor 1st half but won us the game with 2 exquisite finishes
Jones 8 - best player v Woking and took it on again tonight, great finish and constantly creating and driving us forward, great game
Palmer 6 - pretty much nothing worked for him and had a poor game but a great finish for his goal showed his quality
Mullin 9 MOM. I thought he was v poor Saturday, polar opposite today. One of v few to show up well 1st half, got his reward with 2 goals 2nd half to cap off and all action performance
I agree about Jones. He gets slated a lot on the livematch thread but he is a very industrious player who has a habit of being in the right place at the right time.
Mullin was all over the pitch, how he has the energy to score goals AND track back as much ashe does amazes me
Old 26th April 2022, 21.36:49   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: ERS

French and Macaliden where terrible in the first half along with Young - Hayden getting injured changed thd game. RHJ was crucial and it seamed he didn't have any restrictions on him.
Old 26th April 2022, 22.32:55   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

It's a tough one to rate. Certainly the proverbial game of two halves if ever there was one.

Dibble - 7: He's had his critics, some very much deserved for previous performances but he had a good game. Little he could do about the goal but pulled off a good save in the first half and had good hands tonight.
Hayden - 5: Poor but I can forgive him since he wasn't 100% even from early doors. I hope his injury isn't serious.
Tozer - 6: Probably the toughest rating I'll give tonight, didn't think much of his first half performance but was controlling things in the second. I think 6 as an overall is fair.
Cleworth - 6: Wasn't too bad, not a game he'll be particularly proud of but not a performance to be embarrassed by either.
French - 7: Was okay at RWB, but his game improved so much when shifted to RCB.
McAlinden - 6: Same as with Tozer, 6 is a fair overall as a poor first half was followed by a much-improved second.
Young - 6: Nothing was sticking first half but second half his tireless running helped pressure their midfield which lead to a lot of goals.
Jones - 7: Same as Young, but got himself a goal with a tidy near-post finish.
Davies - 7: Thought he was quite poor first half but two goals in the second takes him up to 7. When he turns on the style he really turns on the style.
Mullin - 8: MOTM. Even in the first half, he was battling for the ball constantly. Two goals to take him to joint top scorer and he was still tracking back in the 81st minute! A little bit greedy at times but he's a striker who scores goals - being greedy comes with the territory.
Palmer - 7: He was getting frustrated at the game but never stopped trying and was rewarded with his goal.

SUBS

Hall-Johnson - 8: The driving force behind our comeback. Caused Weymouth all sorts of problems.
O'Connor - N/A: He looks confident on the ball, but not on long enough to fairly rate - is a big get back for the final games of the season.
Ponticelli - N/A: Cameo appearance.

Overall, as I said in the reaction thread, a second half of putting a weaker team to the sword. Cynical, but a good result - 3 points and +5 goal difference is never a bad day at the office.
Old 26th April 2022, 23.08:23   #5-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
It's a tough one to rate. Certainly the proverbial game of two halves if ever there was one.

Dibble - 7: He's had his critics, some very much deserved for previous performances but he had a good game. Little he could do about the goal but pulled off a good save in the first half and had good hands tonight.
Hayden - 5: Poor but I can forgive him since he wasn't 100% even from early doors. I hope his injury isn't serious.
Tozer - 6: Probably the toughest rating I'll give tonight, didn't think much of his first half performance but was controlling things in the second. I think 6 as an overall is fair.
Cleworth - 6: Wasn't too bad, not a game he'll be particularly proud of but not a performance to be embarrassed by either.
McAlinden - 6: Same as with Tozer, 6 is a fair overall as a poor first half was followed by a much-improved second.
Young - 6: Nothing was sticking first half but second half his tireless running helped pressure their midfield which lead to a lot of goals.
Davies - 7: Thought he was quite poor first half but two goals in the second takes him up to 7. When he turns on the style he really turns on the style.
Mullin - 8: MOTM. Even in the first half, he was battling for the ball constantly. Two goals to take him to joint top scorer and he was still tracking back in the 81st minute! A little bit greedy at times but he's a striker who scores goals - being greedy comes with the territory.
Palmer - 7: He was getting frustrated at the game but never stopped trying and was rewarded with his goal.

SUBS

Hall-Johnson - 8: The driving force behind our comeback. Caused Weymouth all sorts of problems.
O'Connor - N/A: He looks confident on the ball, but not on long enough to fairly rate - is a big get back for the final games of the season.

Overall, as I said in the reaction thread, a second half of putting a weaker team to the sword. Cynical, but a good result - 3 points and +5 goal difference is never a bad day at the office.

Would bump Maca up to a 7 for his good shot first half, and two assists for Mullin.
Old 27th April 2022, 05.52:45   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Dibble - 7: Working with Lee Butler has improved his game. Came and confidently caught crosses and could do little about the goal.

French - 7: Wasn’t comfortable at RWB but different gravy when moved to CB.
Hayden - 5: Shouldn’t have played and as proved with Tyler French stepping in he could have had a night off. Hope the injury isn’t too serious.
Tozer - 6: He leads from the front normally but he will know that the last 2 games haven’t been his best. Improved 2nd half
Cleworth - 7: Wasn’t really noticed first half but stepped up when needed in the 2nd half. Has matured so much over the season.
McAlinden - 6: Have said before, he is great as an impact player but was not really efficient in the first half
Young - 8: Ran his legs off trying to keep us going and 2nd half was imperious. His quick free kick led to one of the goals MOTM
Jones - 7: Was missing in action first half but my did he recover in the 2nd half. A great finish for his goal.
Davies - 7 He has been running on empty recently but certainly turned up 2nd half. Spectacular 1st goal but take a look at his 2nd, very special.
Mullin - 8: Yet again he gave so much for the team ending up at Right back towards the end of the game. Was frustrated 1st half but never stopped trying. Rewarded with 2 goals.
Palmer - 7: Someone described him as almost a donkey at the weekend but he never lets the defence settle. Whilst others get the glory he offers so much in taking defenders out of the game.

SUBS

Hall-Johnson - 8: wow, what a start to the 2nd half! Excellent. Keep it up REece.
O'Connor - Can’t rate him and yes it was only a relegated team but he was silky smooth. He looked confident on the ball and if we can ease him in gently, he could still be a big player for us this season.

Parky/Parkin/Butler - the half time pep talk did the trick and turned us from potential disaster to runaway winners. Well done, Gents.
Old 27th April 2022, 09.08:29   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post

SUBS

I'd really like to know why RHJ played so differently last night - he was superb going forward and just seemed to have a lot more belief and energy .

Last few games , he's seemed so reluctant to get forward or taken on his man at all - I have to wonder if this was tactical , or just something that flicked a switch in his mind and he decided to go for it more - it was great to see and hopefully we'll see a lot more of the Reece that played last night
Old 27th April 2022, 09.49:48   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
I'd really like to know why RHJ played so differently last night - he was superb going forward and just seemed to have a lot more belief and energy .

Last few games , he's seemed so reluctant to get forward or taken on his man at all - I have to wonder if this was tactical , or just something that flicked a switch in his mind and he decided to go for it more - it was great to see and hopefully we'll see a lot more of the Reece that played last night
I think it proves that keeping the exact same team every game isn’t always the right thing to do, if your not performing you get dropped and maybe come back hungrier.
Old 27th April 2022, 10.07:07   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post

How I pretty much saw it, Jones still gets so much unnecessary stick, he’s one of those players who does so much unseen work. In the great team of the late 70s, Mel Sutton was similarly given unfair stick and was also pivotal in how well we played.

Mullin, just wow, 24 league goals and so much more to his game, he never stops running, a constant threat to the opposing defence. And doesn’t gloss over anything as per his post match interview last night.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.50:27.