Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th May 2022, 14.40:57   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default STOCKPORT COUNTY (H) - T’s & P’s

Reading through the other threads it seems most fans have accepted we won’t win the league, albeit there are some cracks beginning to appear as our uncontrolled optimism suppresses the defeatist mentality. I have long thought this would go to the wire, and it might yet all come down to either GD or even goals-scored. We should know the permutations to make that so, but the principle is we must beat County to have the best chance of being successful — a draw could be enough but….

So, this is just another match in the season: one of a curtailed number of 44 games. The adage that the league isn’t won in September, October, November etc remains true but, equally, it’s true that the season can be lost that early. We had a very average first-half but a very good second-half. Alas, we may have peaked as the list of inevitable injuries lengthens and fatigue sets in. It’s the same for everyone, so it really is now down to who wants it most, and which players will bust a lung to go the extra yard. It also depends on which team Lady Luck fancies most, as she has had dalliances with several teams so far. Hopefully, she’ll be seduced by Ryan Reynolds’ charming smile.

The big issues for us is whether we can control the midfield and get quick, accurate passes to Mullin and Palmer. They then need to develop that touch of magic and composure when the chances open up.

Our makeshift defence will be under a lot of pressure. Again they need to forget about the ‘BW incident’ and be positive to clear the threat.

If we only get an hour out of Hosannah and O’Connor that might be enough to make all the difference. We also need moments of magic from Davies for 90 minutes and not 15 minutes.

WXM 2 County 0

Mullin and Palmer

Wrexham to win the league on ‘goals scored’. Yes folks, it could yet be that tight!
Old 6th May 2022, 14.47:02   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: STOCKPORT COUNTY (H) - T’s & P’s

-------------Dibble----------------

----French---Tozer---Cleworth----

Hosannah----------------McFadzean-

------------Young--Jones-------------

---------------Davies------------------

------------Palmer--Mullin------------

Camp,Hall-Johnson, O'Connor,McAlinden,Hyde.

2-0

Att: 10,285

Mullin to put us 1-0 up after a quick start, Stockport to come more into the game and threaten,Hyde to score the second from the bench as Stockport push forward.
Old 6th May 2022, 14.49:46   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

O'Connor in for Jones - unchanged for the rest of the team.

I've got a good feeling....3-1 to the town!
Old 6th May 2022, 15.20:44   #4-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

0-0
Old 6th May 2022, 15.30:43   #5-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
0-0
Thanks Frank
Old 6th May 2022, 15.32:04   #6-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

1-0 to County sorry it's the Wrexham way please prove me wrong !!!!
Old 6th May 2022, 15.45:54   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

O Connor should be starting instead of Young no questions, Hossanah instead of RHJ aswell. The defence and keeper is a big concern especially the keeper still, I don’t think both teams are at their fluent best but our front line is far superior so I am going another 2-0 win Mullin 2 and it’ll stop them smug helmets celebrating the title and let it roll on for a few days.
Old 6th May 2022, 15.59:33   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Wrexham win 2-1
Old 6th May 2022, 16.01:08   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

1-1. Think a draw suits them better than us and while I don't expect them to play for a point from the off, they can manage the game on their terms and if it's level with 20 to go they'll settle for it.

Mullin with our goal.

9,821 in attendance.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.41:20.