Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary / Far Away, So Close / Trouble / ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th October 2022, 14.32:49   #118-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S1E10 "Hooligans" discussion thread (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
We are getting more exposure in America now than premiership teams fans are travelling across the pond to watch us,it's fantastic and the last thing we need is a bunch of moronic deadheads spoiling the experience of a lifetime for our new found fans. We need the club and the police to root these people out and ban them for ever,not 2/3 years. Maybe it will sink into the numbskulls heads that fans come to watch a football match not their misbehaviour.
2 weeks later, 13 pages and counting, like it or not it generates discussion and clicks, and in turn viewers. I think it's the most discussed ep so far.
Old 25th October 2022, 22.55:53   #119-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS (Formerly of the Kop mid right)
Twitter: @livpoksoc

Slowly catching up with the series, and first comment I've made on these. This episode caught my interest to engage because I too can't fathom the wearing a coat for steak dinner...

Jokes aside, decent debate on this thread and I'm landing somewhere in the middle.
Were they right to talk about hooliganism? Yes.
Were they right to dedicate an entire episode to it? Yes.
Did the narrative seem to glorify it somewhat? I thought the gratuitous clips from abroad did yes.

I think the edit tried to address the causal relationship - speaking to the psychologist, looking at the history, Thatcher's war on hooligans etc. All relevant, and not out of place - considering how the other episodes so far have had their own explainers on things from the pyramid, to finance etc.

Some are asking why they focussed on Johnny, and I think what is most likely is that to spin a series, the director needs some recurring characters, and they will have found plenty from the admin side, but from the fans, how may 'fans' of ours with a banning ordee will have been willing to be interviewed, and offer up some sort of a decent TV worthy story (i.e. his girlfriend's loss). I suspect not many that offer that level of insight.

Frustratingly I think on this side, the episode comes up short in looking more at how R&R will not just take a zero tolerance attitude, but how they hope/plan to help the community to avoid getting caught up in it in the first place. There were plenty of opportunities to do that in the 24 minutes.

Having said all that, I hope the rest of the series looks at other types of fans from the community or wider. If it doesn't then it adds to the tinge of disappointment with this episode.
Old 26th October 2022, 13.33:42   #120-0 (permalink)
Newbie - Go Easy On Me!

Racecourse Spot: With friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH23 View Post
Probably one of his mates had set up a connected account for him without his details attached so they can guarantee they'd sit together when his ban's up.

Hope this is looked into by the club.
You can buy a season ticket just like you can buy a shirt. He just can’t attend matches…it’s simple
Old 21st March 2023, 09.57:49   #121-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

I know I'm late to the party posting on this thread but don't think that episode was as bad as what people are saying
It's clearly a wee history lesson for the fans in America
And I think it covers R and R for any potential future bad press
Did the show makers know before the lock in at the turf that Johnny had banning orders and a hooligan background ? If they didn't it covers any bad press stories of RnR hanging about with criminals
Also the Torquay match it shows a warning , if you misbehave ,chuck stuff , then you are banned

Showing clips from round the world just shows people that yes it does happen I don't think it made wrexham look bad in any way

Also I have an idea about the lassie wearing the jacket eating her steak !
I'm sure this was filmed when covid was still about so the poor lassie probably had to have every window and door in house open to make it safe for film crew , probably freezing

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.21:47.