Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th March 2023, 08.42:17   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Match Ratings York (h)

Looks like Mendy is the latest player to be written off. JJ and Dalby were written off only a few weeks ago. Opportunities and form can change quickly and Mendy has shown his ability and will come good.

Barnett and JJ were terrific down the right and Mendy and Lee not so much down the left, but alot can depend on how the team is set to play and how the opposition set up to stop our threats.
Old 27th March 2023, 08.49:03   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

I didn't think we got out of 3rd gear on Sat, very comfortable easy win against a team that is better than their current league placement.

JJ plays Young's role with a bit more skill and poise.

Barnett was deservedly MotM, but we were solid, not sure I'm getting the issues with Mendy tbh - we used Barnett as the outlet on Sat, Mendy-Mendy was in a more defensive role, a role admittedly that doesn't suit him, and teams do target him for his perceived vulnerabilities, but I think he was solid on Sat, with others around him being very good - McFadz is more defensive minded and Socks when fit could be a replacement but neither would be an improvement on M-M - could we possible play Forde on the left ?

But saying that I don't think we need to make changes unless there is an injury/illness.

Amazing that I cannot see ToC or Hayden getting beck into the team unless there's an injury ! If so, Hayden would get in the team more for his goal threat rather than his excellent defensive work - out strength in depth at this level is ridiculous !
Old 27th March 2023, 09.39:37   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

People say McFadz is more defensive minded, but Crewe played a flat back 4 and he couldn't get in their team. He probably sits deeper but PP wants our wing backs high up, which they can do with a solid back 3. I think some of the issues down the left are, Lee drops very deep picking the ball up and although it contests that area, it opens up space elsewhere.
Old 27th March 2023, 10.35:28   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

An issue with Hayden is that he is far more capable of taking advantage of the long throws from Tozer than any other squad member. Without him the long throw as a weapon has been marginalised.
Old 27th March 2023, 10.45:24   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post
Andy Holt (who would walk into the team ahead of Mendy) was completely exasperated by his performance especially his poor final delivery.

The big difference between him and Barnett is the speed at which our RWB gets back into position.

Lots of big mistakes from Mendy recently that he's got away with including two missed headers v Bromley where they had two clear cut chances as a result.

The less said about his positioning the better. At Bromley he was 10-15 yards ahead of Jordan Davies several times even at goal kicks. What is that all about?

Was never sure why we signed him given that a crocked Bryce Hosannah ripped him to pieces in the Boreham Wood away fixture only last May. Amazed that we signed him just weeks later.

County will be licking their lips.
Think you have made some valid points here, I must admit at times I thought what was he doing positional wise, he is a strong physical player so maybe that’s more reason he plays , he certainly hasn’t been his best last few games.
Old 27th March 2023, 11.19:01   #42-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post
Andy Holt (who would walk into the team ahead of Mendy) was completely exasperated by his performance especially his poor final delivery.

The big difference between him and Barnett is the speed at which our RWB gets back into position.

Lots of big mistakes from Mendy recently that he's got away with including two missed headers v Bromley where they had two clear cut chances as a result.

The less said about his positioning the better. At Bromley he was 10-15 yards ahead of Jordan Davies several times even at goal kicks. What is that all about?

Was never sure why we signed him given that a crocked Bryce Hosannah ripped him to pieces in the Boreham Wood away fixture only last May. Amazed that we signed him just weeks later.

County will be licking their lips.
Yes. It is a concern that one of their best players Nemane will be attacking arguably our weak point in LWB.

Mendy is so up and down and I think there has been more downs than ups. Perhaps thats is injury related. But the jury is still very much out on him.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.02:12.