Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th September 2023, 08.20:29   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Welcome to Wrexham S2E5: "First Losers"

I've watched this one so you don't have to - another weak episode that starts off with a plug for Wrexham Lager and then torpedoes the brand a bit with reference to the Titanic.

The episode sinks from that point on. There's a link between an American actress (and a very attractive one at that) who always used to come second in the gongs and our history of always fluffing it up in the play offs. Of course she wins one eventually....more to come on that.

Bizarrely this focuses more on Dorking than it does on Wrexham - going through their history and Marc White front and centre of course. Good feature on Jacob Mendy's back story.

Not one I'll watch back again.
Old 27th September 2023, 09.00:38   #2-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S2E5: "First Losers"

Disagree, thought it was a great episode and there's plenty that hace left me cold.

Obviously the comparisons and traits of winners and losers in terms of achievement is being explored and built on.

The actress, Mendy, dorking, hard work, talent and resilience.
Old 27th September 2023, 11.48:37   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

I almost think that whole Lager/Titanic bit would have been a more appropriate open for the previous episode lol...only somewhat kidding, I did like the background info on Shaun and how that set up the shenanigans of the kids playing when the parent was away.

You could argue maybe they tried to squeeze in too much, especially now that it seems like these episodes have gone down to 20 minutes from 22-25 last year, but yeah I guess they're hammering a theme on how much winning matters from different perspectives. I was surprised they put Dorking in at this point, figured it would just be the one episode where they were at Wrexham later in the year when the documentary team shadowed them - but can't say I dislike the five-minute shout out now presumably setting that one up later after seeing that particular episode of their YouTube series and a few others.
Old 27th September 2023, 14.05:29   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: WLS

Ironic with the focus on Dorking, since that club probably has the best football doc on the National League.
Old 27th September 2023, 15.02:58   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesuited77 View Post
Ironic with the focus on Dorking, since that club probably has the best football doc on the National League.
Is there even another besides ours which isn’t solely football based? The Dorking doc definitely has a different feel, it’s clearly more pregame/game focused and Marc-centric but it’s a low budget doc with the basic stuff for free and you could do worse than spotlighting Marc anyway. They do a little five minute vignette on the team they’re playing with fan interviews though, that’s nice.

Last edited by Red Dragons AFC; 27th September 2023 at 15.06:12..
Old 27th September 2023, 16.23:50   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Enjoyed this one, just wish it was on for longer.

I'm assuming Jimmy White wasn't available for interview
Old 27th September 2023, 18.14:41   #7-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Disagree, thought it was a great episode and there's plenty that hace left me cold.

Obviously the comparisons and traits of winners and losers in terms of achievement is being explored and built on.

The actress, Mendy, dorking, hard work, talent and resilience.
I'm with you there. Enjoyed this one.
Old 27th September 2023, 18.17:21   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The actress was on for too long and the Dorking bits seemed shoehorned in but enjoyed it in general. Great to see Mendy feature
Old 27th September 2023, 19.28:03   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @froomielol

I'm glad that we introduced Marc White to the world. What a legend

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.37:06.