Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th October 2023, 06.41:50   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Biggest attendance

At present the 5 away games we have played has produced the highest attendance of the season for the home club.
This follows on from last season when it happened at most away matches
Clearly everyone wants to watch Wrexham FC and as much as other clubs hate us we do bring in alot of extra monies into football and their clubs
Old 6th October 2023, 07.47:43   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  

Default Re: Biggest attendance

Everyone want a ticket to see the big teams it seems. Still early in the season but I imagine we will be the biggest gate for quite a few teams by season end.
So far it’s Stockport, Mansfield and Crawley, who else?
Old 6th October 2023, 07.52:20   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

I can see Swindon on Boxing Day will be a healthy gate , it was always going to be but even more if we are both still up there .
Old 6th October 2023, 11.30:02   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Crispin Lane View Post
I can see Swindon on Boxing Day will be a healthy gate , it was always going to be but even more if we are both still up there .
I wonder how much they charge to get in . Iím sure last time we played them which was about 15 years I paid £22 if I remember correctly
Old 6th October 2023, 11.44:25   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy vere View Post
i wonder how much they charge to get in . Iím sure last time we played them which was about 15 years i paid £22 if i remember correctly
£27 !!!!
Old 6th October 2023, 11.52:21   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
At present the 5 away games we have played has produced the highest attendance of the season for the home club.
This follows on from last season when it happened at most away matches
Clearly everyone wants to watch Wrexham FC and as much as other clubs hate us we do bring in alot of extra monies into football and their clubs
Bit of stretch after 5 games so for most of others clubs that will be contrasted with 4/5 other home games, some of which may have been midweek.

Take us for example. Wrexham is the highest but it's only a couple 100 more than Bradford midweek and the opening day. Watching Wrexham really isn't a draw at this level. It will be dictated by Sat/Tues, the home team's form, time of year, away following (which you can impact) and whether there's any rivalry or it's a 6 pointer.

You'll play a part in the last 2 as it did for your fixture but I highly doubt you'll get home fans turning up because it's Wrexham. If we keep our form going, we'll definitely get higher attendances at Christmas and the crunch run in games.

Lot of things going right for your club but got to be honest that post exudes exaggerated self importance.

Last edited by Hatter1; 6th October 2023 at 11.55:44..
Old 6th October 2023, 12.09:23   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter1 View Post
Bit of stretch after 5 games so for most of others clubs that will be contrasted with 4/5 other home games, some of which may have been midweek.

Take us for example. Wrexham is the highest but it's only a couple 100 more than Bradford midweek and the opening day. Watching Wrexham really isn't a draw at this level. It will be dictated by Sat/Tues, the home team's form, time of year, away following (which you can impact) and whether there's any rivalry or it's a 6 pointer.

You'll play a part in the last 2 as it did for your fixture but I highly doubt you'll get home fans turning up because it's Wrexham. If we keep our form going, we'll definitely get higher attendances at Christmas and the crunch run in games.

Lot of things going right for your club but got to be honest that post exudes exaggerated self importance.
Thatís what all the teams were saying last season but in reality about 16 (I think) of the 23 teams had their biggest gates vs us, ironically all singing where were you when you were s###.
And didnít Stockport sell out vs us? How can you get higher attendances? Less segregation?
Old 6th October 2023, 12.17:38   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
That’s what all the teams were saying last season but in reality about 16 (I think) of the 23 teams had their biggest gates vs us, ironically all singing where were you when you were s###.
And didn’t Stockport sell out vs us? How can you get higher attendances? Less segregation?
In a different league. A big away following (which you have, especially with difficulty getting home tickets) of course matters. You're a big club for this level and fighting at the top end. What I'm challenging is the idea that people (or at least County fans) would turn up for Wrexham, any more than Notts, Bradford etc. Bradford was only 200 less midweek.

We sold out but the attendance was only 9500 or so, so quite a few didn't turn up. Max is about 10,300 or so. Looking at Footballwebpages we got over that 10 times last season.
Old 6th October 2023, 12.19:52   #9-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter1 View Post

Every club in this division, if they were honest wants to beat Wrexham more than they do any other. Their fans are not coming to watch us, they're coming to watch their team beat us (or at least try).

Stop being so coy, are your lot celebrating beating Bradford 5-0 the same way you're celebrating beating us 5-0 ? Absolutely not.

That's not being self important, it's a fact because of the media frenzy around us. You all want to shove it down our throats. We get it, but don't deny it

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.28:15.