Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th October 2023, 07.52:05   #1-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Crawley Ratings

Thought we were excellent yesterday so these ratings will reflect that.

Okonkwo - 8 - Did not have a difficult save to make, but his positioning and presence made it very tough for Crawley to have a sniff. Did brilliantly to recover the ball after O'Connor's error in the 1st half too

Mendy - 8 - Our main attacking outlet before he went off, and you can see how much he impacted the game once he came off as we were far from the same team. I hope it's not a lengthy spell on the sidelines

Hayden - 7 - Generally solid, caught out once in the moment where he gave a yellow away but aside from that had a very good game

O'Connell - 8 - Pick of the back 3 for me. Very calm and assured when under pressure in the 2nd half

O'Connor - 7 - Shaky 1st half, but stepped up in the 2nd half when we needed him most

McClean - 7 - Gave the ball away in open play too much in the 1st half and had a couple of shaky moments. Lovely assist for the goal though and I thought he was brilliant when he moved over to the right. His dead ball deliveries are (for the most part) the best I've seen in a long time as well

Evans - 8 - Oozes class, protected the backline with everything he had and is a player who knows how to get the ball forward. Amazing signing. MOTM

Jones - 7 - Ran himself into the ground for the cause and had to play out of position for a time

Lee - 6 - Offered little going forward, and likely needs a rest but his defensive work was a lot better

Mullin - 5 - Not himself yesterday and missed a great chance to make it 2. We know there's more to come from him though and I'm very excited to see how that team does with him fully fit

Palmer - 8 - Classy goal and held the ball up well. Gave it everything but was hooked at the right time

Subs:

Cannon - 0 - The ref initially going to give a yellow doesn't change that it was a bad challenge for me that warranted a red card. Put us in a lot of danger. I'm not sure I can give better than this

Fletcher - 7 - Held the ball up very well and showed some good linkup play

Davies - 7 - Looks class, some superb linkup play

Tunnicliffe - 7 - Didn't look like conceding the whole time he was on. Solid

Parky - 10 - The last 3 subs were all masterstrokes and the team selection was perfect. Any doubters might feel a tad silly after that match
Old 8th October 2023, 10.03:49   #2-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Default Re: Crawley Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Thought we were excellent yesterday so these ratings will reflect that.

Okonkwo - 8 - Did not have a difficult save to make, but his positioning and presence made it very tough for Crawley to have a sniff. Did brilliantly to recover the ball after O'Connor's error in the 1st half too

Mendy - 8 - Our main attacking outlet before he went off, and you can see how much he impacted the game once he came off as we were far from the same team. I hope it's not a lengthy spell on the sidelines

Hayden - 7 - Generally solid, caught out once in the moment where he gave a yellow away but aside from that had a very good game

O'Connell - 8 - Pick of the back 3 for me. Very calm and assured when under pressure in the 2nd half

O'Connor - 7 - Shaky 1st half, but stepped up in the 2nd half when we needed him most

McClean - 7 - Gave the ball away in open play too much in the 1st half and had a couple of shaky moments. Lovely assist for the goal though and I thought he was brilliant when he moved over to the right. His dead ball deliveries are (for the most part) the best I've seen in a long time as well

Evans - 8 - Oozes class, protected the backline with everything he had and is a player who knows how to get the ball forward. Amazing signing. MOTM

Jones - 7 - Ran himself into the ground for the cause and had to play out of position for a time

Lee - 6 - Offered little going forward, and likely needs a rest but his defensive work was a lot better

Mullin - 5 - Not himself yesterday and missed a great chance to make it 2. We know there's more to come from him though and I'm very excited to see how that team does with him fully fit

Palmer - 8 - Classy goal and held the ball up well. Gave it everything but was hooked at the right time

Subs:

Cannon - 0 - The ref initially going to give a yellow doesn't change that it was a bad challenge for me that warranted a red card. Put us in a lot of danger. I'm not sure I can give better than this

Fletcher - 7 - Held the ball up very well and showed some good linkup play

Davies - 7 - Looks class, some superb linkup play

Tunnicliffe - 7 - Didn't look like conceding the whole time he was on. Solid

Parky - 10 - The last 3 subs were all masterstrokes and the team selection was perfect. Any doubters might feel a tad silly after that match
Pretty much bang on for me, apart from Arthur, who made another save that none of our previous keepers are making just after we scored. That's one a game now, league and cup, so a 9 for me.

I'm a fan of Cannon, but appreciate I'm on dodgy ground with him at the moment, so I'll pass on marking him.
Old 8th October 2023, 10.23:56   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Didn’t see the game but noticed Okonkwo was the highest rated player on the pitch for the second game in a row on FotMob. That’s for both teams.
Old 8th October 2023, 10.25:55   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Big Art -7- looking more composed each game, not many difficult saves due to poor Crawley attack.

Hayden -7- only got caught once when he gave away the FK on the edge of the box.
EOC -7.5- not really noticed much, which is good in that position, Tozer under threat.
TOC -6- not keen on him there, pace gets shown up but wasn’t punished.

McLean -5- pulled his finger our defensively when down to 10, assist but Ollie made that what it was.
Mendy -6- does well enough but uncomfortable going forward on the right.

Evans -7- seeing a game out down to ten seemed to suit him, positionally good and simple things done well.
Lee -6- not at his best again, would benefit from a rest, hope he’s at home on the sofa on Tuesday.
Jones -6- energy levels key to seeing out the game.

Mullin -5- missed a sitter, hard to get involved in this kind of game. Good choice as captain.
Palmer -7.5- beauty of a finish, good game again.

Cannon - even if not quite a red was a silly tackle.
Fletch - strange time to bring him on, but it worked, big part in seeing the win out.
JD - threat, nice to see him involved.
Tunnicliffe- just a body in the way, but I’d have him at LCB.

Ratings may seem a little low, could all be raised one tbh, just a really well seen out job, much needed as well. Ollie Palmer or EOC MOTM.
Old 8th October 2023, 10.38:31   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Perhaps time for Davies to get his chance again now. Elliot Lee looked tired and not quite at it for a few games now. Not criticising him because I love him but if he needs a break then rather it comes now than in the run in to playoffs (I think we will end up making the playoffs)
Old 8th October 2023, 10.44:33   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Perhaps time for Davies to get his chance again now. Elliot Lee looked tired and not quite at it for a few games now. Not criticising him because I love him but if he needs a break then rather it comes now than in the run in to playoffs (I think we will end up making the playoffs)
3 of our 4 attacking threats currently not 100% fit or slightly off form

Once we get Mullin, Fletcher, Lee and Palmer all firing we'll be cooking
Old 8th October 2023, 10.53:23   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

I look forward to Fletcher’s cameos as much as I used to enjoy Glen Little’s.
Hopefully as he gets fitter he can alternate with Palmer more.
Old 8th October 2023, 10.53:27   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Is Lee off form or are teams in this division doing a better job at marking him?
Old 8th October 2023, 10.54:47   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Okonkwo 8
O'connor 7
O'Connell 8
Hayden 8
Mendy 7
McClean 6
Jones 7
Evans 7
Lee 5
Mullin 5
Palmer 8

Subs all 7, Cannon 0
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.19:24.