Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th October 2023, 19.13:26   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Standing at Wrexham games

I can well remember standing in the boys pen and later standing on the kop. In those days kids or small poeople could move down to the front and see the game. With all seater stadiums that can not now happen. I went to the Wales Slovakia game in Bordeaux during the Euro's. As soon as the game started 4 cretins immediately stood up despite the fact they had an uninterupted view of the pitch sitting down. There was a bloke with his child behind them and the lad could not see even standing on the seat. We were behind them and to see had to stand up which meant the woman behind me could not see. I went down and asked them to sit down I just ended up in a row. The child went to France with his dad and did not see a ball kicked. We all now and again stand up briefly and we do need standing area for those who feel the need to stand. However untill that happens those who prevent others from watching the game should be told to sit down or be removed.
Old 11th October 2023, 19.18:09   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Interesting that standing for a game in significant numbers seems to be tolerated for you. For us, away - very common, but at home less so other than the back of the Cheadle End. But now they are cracking now on that. Here's a statement we issued about a week ago though standing on the stairs seems to be the main issue:

The club have issued the following statement regarding the issue of persistent standing during games at Edgeley Park:

As a football club, Stockport County FC work under a safety certificate issued by Stockport Borough Council and is monitored by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority. We have recently contacted by Stockport Borough Council asking us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action.

Please note that for safety reasons, persistent standing inside the ground is not permitted. Persistent standing in the stairwells, exits and gangways is a safety risk, and continuing to do so may lead to further punishments for the club, including the closure of blocks of seats or entire stands at the stadium.

The repercussions and wider impact this could have on a significant number of supporters is further reason why we are taking a strong stance on the issue of persistent standing in the Cheadle End, and why we are in a position whereby additional action such as match bans for supporters for not complying have been required.

Stockport County Football Club is dedicated to ensuring Edgeley Park is a safe and enjoyable environment for all supporters. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding on this matter.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/club...tent-standing/

Last edited by Hatter1; 11th October 2023 at 19.19:29..
Old 11th October 2023, 19.50:19   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Didn’t have much choice last night as view was obstructed by a post. If we had not of stood up we would of missed much of the game.
Old 11th October 2023, 20.44:32   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
I can well remember standing in the boys pen and later standing on the kop. In those days kids or small poeople could move down to the front and see the game. With all seater stadiums that can not now happen. I went to the Wales Slovakia game in Bordeaux during the Euro's. As soon as the game started 4 cretins immediately stood up despite the fact they had an uninterupted view of the pitch sitting down. There was a bloke with his child behind them and the lad could not see even standing on the seat. We were behind them and to see had to stand up which meant the woman behind me could not see. I went down and asked them to sit down I just ended up in a row. The child went to France with his dad and did not see a ball kicked. We all now and again stand up briefly and we do need standing area for those who feel the need to stand. However untill that happens those who prevent others from watching the game should be told to sit down or be removed.
If we all sat down the atmosphere would be sh1te. Nobody sings sitting down.

If you want the ground to resemble a morgue, enforce sitting down religiously. The whole experience will be ruined.
Old 11th October 2023, 21.06:57   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
If we all sat down the atmosphere would be sh1te. Nobody sings sitting down.

If you want the ground to resemble a morgue, enforce sitting down religiously. The whole experience will be ruined.
I sing loads and I sit down as do lots of people near me in what used to be called the yale stand. I respect your right to your opinion but i dont agree I dont think the atmosphere would be shite if fans sat down at least kids could see the game.
Old 11th October 2023, 21.09:34   #24-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I sing loads and I sit down as do lots of people near me in what used to be called the yale stand. I respect your right to your opinion but i dont agree I dont think the atmosphere would be shite if fans sat down at least kids could see the game.
Thanks for provng my point. Nobody can hear any atmosphere coming from the Yale stand, so if the Tech End and PG7 mirror that, it will be sh1t.

There isn't a big issue with kids not being able to see at games. Most people know the areas that stand and those that don't.l

Last edited by Wxm boy; 11th October 2023 at 21.10:38..
Old 11th October 2023, 21.24:52   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Obviously you are correct that the most supportive noise comes from behing the goal at the side. Whether that is because they are standing up who knows. You also make a good point that fans know where people stand and where they dont. However what happens if you have no choice but to go where fans stand and you cannot see. What about the poster on this thread who has one guy who stands and all around him want him to sit down. The answer is as i posted earlier to have standing areas howerver we are obviously not going to agree. My basic point is however that people who go to the match should be able to see it
Old 11th October 2023, 21.33:02   #26-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Obviously you are correct that the most supportive noise comes from behing the goal at the side. Whether that is because they are standing up who knows. You also make a good point that fans know where people stand and where they dont. However what happens if you have no choice but to go where fans stand and you cannot see. What about the poster on this thread who has one guy who stands and all around him want him to sit down. The answer is as i posted earlier to have standing areas however we are obviously not going to agree. My basic point is however that people who go to the match should be able to see it
I don't totally disagree, and if one person is standing in an area where everyone is wanting to sit, that should be dealt with. That's not the same as making the 12th man all sit down when they are in an area where they are all fine with it.
Old 11th October 2023, 21.43:00   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

We seem to have common ground. I believe as I have posted that there should be designated standing areas you seem to be arguing that there is an unofficial standing area. Over and out WB

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.37:05.