Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th October 2023, 11.04:20   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Bradford City (H) - Tís & Pís

Our 30 minute heroes cross the Pennines into Yorkshire to take on the Bantams this weekend, weather permitting.

They were a reasonable team under Sparky Hughes when we lost on penalties in the cup, but have picked up 2 good wins since his demise. They have the highest average gate figures so it should be a cracking atmosphere. The big question is which Wrexham team will fight the Bantams in those frustrating early moments before the cavalry is brought on.

PP has yet to find the best balanced Starting-XI, due to injuries, suspensions, inconsistencies and uncertainty in his own mind. This will be another tough test so, hopefully, weíll see a couple of changes that will get us over the line.

I really enjoyed the final 25 minutes against the wastrels of Salford City, but have resigned myself to not seeing total football until January. Meanwhile itís a case of grinding out results to stay in the hunt.

Will we be the Cock oíthe North or a bunch of lightweight chickens come Crackerjack time? The pressure is constant; so roll up those sleeves and start clucking, defending and scoring!

Bantams 1 WXM 2

Mullin and Fletcher

18,000+
Old 19th October 2023, 11.06:47   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Bradford City (H) - Tís & Pís

Is Barnett back for this one ?
Old 19th October 2023, 11.08:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Our 30 minute heroes cross the Pennines into Yorkshire to take on the Bantams this weekend, weather permitting.

They were a reasonable team under Sparky Hughes when we lost on penalties in the cup, but have picked up 2 good wins since his demise. They have the highest average gate figures so it should be a cracking atmosphere. The big question is which Wrexham team will fight the Bantams in those frustrating early moments before the cavalry is brought on.

PP has yet to find the best balanced Starting-XI, due to injuries, suspensions, inconsistencies and uncertainty in his own mind. This will be another tough test so, hopefully, we’ll see a couple of changes that will get us over the line.

I really enjoyed the final 25 minutes against the wastrels of Salford City, but have resigned myself to not seeing total football until January. Meanwhile it’s a case of grinding out results to stay in the hunt.

Will we be the Cock o’the North or a bunch of lightweight chickens come Crackerjack time? The pressure is constant; so roll up those sleeves and start clucking, defending and scoring!

Bantams 1 WXM 2

Mullin and Fletcher

18,000+
Attendance will be over 22k because they'd sold 22 on Monday.
Old 19th October 2023, 11.34:11   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

One thingís certain, there will be plenty of goals!
Old 19th October 2023, 11.40:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Ats
Squad Player

Parky is highly respected there. This is his second visit to Valley Park after leaving Bradford.

Bradford Telegraph and Argus article published yesterday
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....eturn-wrexham/

PHIL Parkinson admits he cannot wait to go back to Valley Parade for the first time in almost seven years.

The club’s history-making manager returns with Wrexham for a mouth-watering clash on Saturday.

It will be only the second occasion that he has been back at City since ending his five-year stint in charge in 2016.

With over 21,000 tickets sold, the club are eyeing their biggest modern-day league crowd – and Parkinson is excited to be part of it.

“I’m really looking forward to going back to Valley Parade,” he said.

“My memories of being at Bradford are the big crowds and atmosphere and this weekend’s going to be no different to that.

“Everyone knows the potential support at Bradford and it’s amazing. We’ve sold out our allocation again which is another great indication of the level of support.

“Everywhere we go we sell out the away end. Whether it’s the National League or this league, we’re used to going away from home and it being the team’s biggest attendance of the season.

“It’s going to be a cracking game between two good sides. Bradford have got a bit of momentum from the last three games and we’re in decent form.

“We had to work exceptionally hard to get back into the league.

“Those away days at Kings Lynn and Dover were tough and that’s what made the National League such a challenge.

“But the supporters, the staff and the players worked hard to go to stadiums like Valley Parade, real traditional arenas, and embrace the occasion.”

City edged past Wrexham on penalties in the Carabao Cup in August. But with Mark Hughes gone since then, Parkinson expects a different type of game as Kevin McDonald chases a fourth straight win in the caretaker role.

Parkinson added: “Kevin has done well since he’s been put in and got three good results.

“Anyone who takes over is going to put their own mark on the team. That’s what it looks like Kev’s done.

“Mark Hughes was unlucky last year after getting them in the play-offs.

“Sometimes, the year after a play-off defeat can be a tough start to the season.

“I’ve been in and managed teams who’ve lost in the play-offs and it can, for whatever reason, take a bit of time to get going again.

“But the club have decided to make the change and they are having some good results.

“It’s up to us to analyse Bradford during the week and put our game-plan together to go there and keep our own run going.”

Parkinson’s previous visit to City with Bolton finished in a thrilling 2-2 draw in January 2017 – the visitors hitting back from two down in front of a packed 21,190 crowd.

“I remember it vividly and it was a highly-charged atmosphere for so many reasons,” he told the T&A.

“Bradford played so well first half and obviously we came back into it and got a hard-earned draw, which was an important point for us in our promotion season.

“I’ve only been back the once and can’t wait to be there again.

“Bradford played a big part in mine and my family’s lives and for Steve (Parkin) and his family.

“I used to drive into Bradford and see the ground from the distance. It was always special every single match day and I was very proud to be manager.

“Our kids followed the team home and away when we were there and there are so many incredible memories of the cup games and promotion and establishing the club at the top end of League One.

“I’m really looking forward to seeing some people I haven’t seen for a long time. But we’ll do everything we can to get the points.”
Old 19th October 2023, 11.41:13   #6-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

1-0 Bradford
Old 19th October 2023, 11.47:12   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
One thingís certain, there will be plenty of goals!
Thought that about Mansfield and Crawley!
Old 19th October 2023, 11.51:18   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Okonkwo
Barnett
Hayden
EOC
TOC
McClean
Jones
Evans
Lee
Palmer
Mullin

Wrexham win 2-1. Mullin early, Fletcher late.
Old 19th October 2023, 11.57:36   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
One thing’s certain, there will be plenty of goals!
Our goals (for and against) have come at home - 41 goals in 7 games (bonkers).

Away from home, for and against is only 11 goals in total in 6 games (4 scored and 7 conceded). Taking out the Stockport game, we've only conceded 2 on the road in 5 games.

I think it will be be a tight game and I would settle for 1-1.

5 points from the next 3 games should be the target - anymore and we've done well in my opinion.

Last edited by SouthLondonExile; 19th October 2023 at 12.03:51..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.12:07.