Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th November 2023, 15.42:06   #1-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Mullin article in the Times

Key quotes:

“Luckily I’ve got a place here where I’m loved and I love playing here,” Mullin says of Wrexham. “I give absolutely everything but the moment I come off that pitch and get home is when I’m really happy. It’s the time that I get to spend with Albi. I know football’s my job and my way of giving Albi a better life. Equally, it could all end tomorrow but I’d still have that happy little boy at home.”

Mullin is touched by the warmth and care that Wrexham’s owners, the actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, show Albi. “They’re genuine. They might be actors but they’re not acting. They really care for other people. I told Ryan and Rob my child’s name once during a conversation, a week later I was playing on the pitch after the game [with Albi, who’d come post-match], Ryan comes over and embraces me. My little boy’s being sick on the pitch. Ryan comes to help him, rubbing his back, which is another unbelievable touch. That’s what type of person Ryan is. I’m on the way home and he texts me, ‘How’s Albi doing?’ I’d only ever told him Albi’s name once. He really cares. Rob too.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...0c1dc09e2b1e12
Old 4th November 2023, 16.00:36   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: Mullin article in the Times

Generally comes across really well but thought the vaccine comment seems a little ill-advised.
Old 4th November 2023, 16.04:59   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Generally comes across really well but thought the vaccine comment seems a little ill-advised.

It's a question lots of parents ask themselves when they sadly find themselves in the position Paul and his family find themselves in ..... I think he's just talking from the heart, giving his genuine views ......
Old 4th November 2023, 16.09:03   #4-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
It's a question lots of parents ask themselves when they sadly find themselves in the position Paul and his family find themselves in ..... I think he's just talking from the heart, giving his genuine views ......
Exactly. As parents you question everything if something suddenly changed.
No one really knows if it's a contributing factor or not but everyone can still have an opinion.

But a very good article all the same
Old 4th November 2023, 16.14:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
There has been lots of research which shows there is no link between the vaccine and autism.But most parents will look for reasons why there child has autism so it's understandable why the vaccine gets blamed
Old 4th November 2023, 16.16:24   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
There has been lots of research which shows there is no link between the vaccine and autism.But most parents will look for reasons why there child has autism so it's understandable why the vaccine gets blamed as autism is often first noticed after the vaccine has been given
Old 4th November 2023, 16.17:04   #7-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Exactly. As parents you question everything if something suddenly changed.
No one really knows if it's a contributing factor or not but everyone can still have an opinion.

But a very good article all the same
I completely get that you'd question it and that's understandable, but there have been countless studies which have found no link between vaccines and autism whatsoever. I'm not looking to.haul him over the coals as I really like the guy and he's shone a light on autism in a positive manner. However, I'm just not sure it's something an ambassador for an autism charity should be suggesting.
Old 4th November 2023, 16.19:02   #8-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
There has been lots of research which shows there is no link between the vaccine and autism.But most parents will look for reasons why there child has autism so it's understandable why the vaccine gets blamed as autism is often first noticed after the vaccine has been given
Yeah, I completely understand that you'd question everything. It's a natural instinct as a parent. Children with autism can regress though in terms of their development. It must be difficult when there's no obvious causation.
Old 4th November 2023, 16.29:35   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
There has been lots of research which shows there is no link between the vaccine and autism.But most parents will look for reasons why there child has autism so it's understandable why the vaccine gets blamed
It’s unfortunate timing at the very least that it happened right after a vaccine shot, but there’s no way of really being able to prove that was a trigger. Can’t really blame them for thinking that as a possibility though.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.25:51.