Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th November 2023, 19.56:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Used to be Kop
Twitter: @

Default Ratings v Gillingham

A complete and comprehensive victory against a team that offered little.

Okonkwo 7 not a lot to do but always looked assured

Hayden 7 good to have him back, lucky on the penalty claim
Tozer 8 assured at the back and took his goal like a striker
TOC 8.5 smooth and classy, wins so much in the air too

Forde 7.5 solid performance defending and attacking
Evans 9 as per TOC plus that killer ball for the second goal
Jones 8 here there and everywhere, what an engine
Lee 8 put in a real shift without the glamour goal, best defensive display this season and still showed magic at times
Mendy 8.5 great game, great energy and great cross for Tozer

Palmer 7.5 worked hard and got the breakthrough
Dalby 8 best game yet and held the ball up well with great distribution

Subs - too little to do

Parky 9 getting it right and the team are purring
Old 11th November 2023, 20.11:37   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Default Re: Ratings v Gillingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post

Lee 8 put in a real shift without the glamour goal, best defensive display this season and still showed magic at times

Subs - too little to do

Wouldn't disagree with most of that .Maybe Arthur worth more than 7 and Hayden looked rusty.
Old 11th November 2023, 22.06:50   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: WLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post

Subs - too little to do

Almost exactly what I would have posted. I would have put Ollie at 8, Hayden and Forde at 6.5, but agree with everything else.
Old 12th November 2023, 00.00:15   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

ToC - 10 - 1.5 for one poor pass.

I am only half joking. His levels of consistency are insane. One thing I noticed second half was that he always looks like he is jogging but he brought the ball out from the back and easily out ran their player tracking back. I wonder if the one thing stopping him playing higher is lack of pace but I would love to know what he is like in a foot race! If he is quick and can play high line then there is some player there (well there is).

Either way we have one left sided Irish international about to drop out of their squad opening a place up and think if I was James McClean I would be having a quiet word with management to at least keep an eye on him.

Last edited by Red-C; 12th November 2023 at 00.01:23..
Old 12th November 2023, 06.44:06   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Okonkwo 7

Hayden 6
Tozer 7
O’Connor 8

Forde 7
Jones 7
Evans 8
Lee 7
Mendy 8

Dalby 7
Palmer 7
Old 12th November 2023, 08.45:49   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Okonkwo 7

Hayden 7
Tozer 8
O’Connor 8.5

Forde 7
Jones 8
Evans 9.5
Lee 8
Mendy 8

Dalby 8
Palmer 8

Evans was just superb in midfield yesterday. There were plenty on other real standout performances. Yes, Gillingham weren’t great, but we bossed this from start of finish. No Mullin and no McClean - no problem!!!!

We’ve really started to play some good stuff over the past few weeks. PP should take massive credit for the way he’s got us playing. What a time to be a Wrexham fan!
Old 12th November 2023, 08.52:05   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-C View Post
ToC - 10 - 1.5 for one poor pass.

I am only half joking. His levels of consistency are insane. One thing I noticed second half was that he always looks like he is jogging but he brought the ball out from the back and easily out ran their player tracking back. I wonder if the one thing stopping him playing higher is lack of pace but I would love to know what he is like in a foot race! If he is quick and can play high line then there is some player there (well there is).

Either way we have one left sided Irish international about to drop out of their squad opening a place up and think if I was James McClean I would be having a quiet word with management to at least keep an eye on him.

Said this for ages, you don't need to run around like a madman (Luke Young) to be affective.

Some fans just don't see what clever players can do without running everywhere, same with Evans, Cannon, O Connoll their football brain is fantastic.

I really hope this starts to put to bed Young starting anymore, yes he gives 100 per cent and is a model professional but he massively lacks a football brain, which obviously Parky knows as he's never really been involved for a long time now
Old 12th November 2023, 09.01:57   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXMWELSH85 View Post
Said this for ages, you don't need to run around like a madman (Luke Young) to be affective.

Some fans just don't see what clever players can do without running everywhere, same with Evans, Cannon, O Connoll their football brain is fantastic.

I really hope this starts to put to bed Young starting anymore, yes he gives 100 per cent and is a model professional but he massively lacks a football brain, which obviously Parky knows as he's never really been involved for a long time now
As with any player they have to earn their spot in the side. On Tuesday, numerous squad members had the opportunity to put themselves in PP’s thoughts for a league start. Clearly they didn’t do enough to force themselves in.

Young brings a strong work ethos and is probably great at setting an example to others around him of how to train and play to the best of your ability. I thought both LY and JD really struggled to impose themselves against Vale and really need to step it up a gear to get anywhere near the current starting eleven.
Old 12th November 2023, 09.06:06   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXMWELSH85 View Post

Evans absolutely oozed class yesterday.

Part of the reason he looks so good is that he has James Jones alongside him. Jones just makes those around him look good as well.

There was one passage of play where Gills had the ball. We pressed and 4 times out of 5 it was Jones pressing. Off the ball he then slots in to cover at full back. Gills go nowhere again, ball is feed to Evans and we’re on the attack

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.50:09.