Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th November 2023, 09.38:19   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S2 E15: "Up the town?"

Absolutely Wonderful episode and a great way to finish the series ( I've enjoyed the every episode ).

The rollercoaster of emotions couldn't have be conveyed any better .

I take people's point about the Notts County content, but I think that just added context and I think it demonstrated some real class on the part of the tam making it that the season was about more than just us ....

...I'm sure we'll see more on the post match and post promotion reactions in the next series when it starts in April .

It's been a wonderful series so far, it's not perfect, but nothing is . the iSight into the lives of the people in and around the club has been wonderful and I thought they brought all of those stories together brilliantly last night . the piece on Jordan Davies was beautiful and the way they echoed past clips as they touched on Mullin , Parky and others was brilliantly done .

its the most watched documentary in the US and it's easy to see why - it's brilliant & long may it continue
Old 16th November 2023, 12.43:52   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

I haven’t watched it yet, but just reading some of the comments on here brings a tear to my eye, so I don’t know how I’ll be when I watch it.

I didn’t attend the BW game, but watched on TV (yet again great coverage by BT Sport and great commentary by Adam Summerton). As others have said after 15 years of misery I can’t really see anything topping that feeling after that game.
Old 16th November 2023, 13.03:32   #57-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

It was certainly emotional. Memories came flooding back.

With all the shots of the crowds. It was great to see so many familiar faces. Not only people I've known for years. But also faces I recognise of people I've never really spoke to.

Wish they've spent a bit more time dwelling after the game and on the parade.

The Notts County stuff can do one. I hope they get relegated and spend the next 15 years in the national league. And Cedwyn Scott misses every penalty he ever takes for the rest of time.
Old 16th November 2023, 13.42:57   #58-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Wrexham Lager Stand

Just watched a YouTube video of a group of US women visiting the ground on match day and in the queue to get tickets we couldn't sit together why!! To say they where so negative on the experience was so insulting to Wrexham fans is an understatement. Surrounded by a group of men who where obviously intoxicated !! Oh yea it's match day, then having to sit with men in a stand where they actually stood up?we wouldn't have that in the US, then the loud shouting and obscene language, we left ok I hope you never return.
Old 16th November 2023, 13.59:40   #59-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
I havenít watched it yet, but just reading some of the comments on here brings a tear to my eye, so I donít know how Iíll be when I watch it.

I didnít attend the BW game, but watched on TV (yet again great coverage by BT Sport and great commentary by Adam Summerton). As others have said after 15 years of misery I canít really see anything topping that feeling after that game.
If a tear isn't coming down your face during the Rocky music at the end of the BW game you're not a Wrexham fan.

Absolutely broke me that did. Brilliantly done by the producers
Old 16th November 2023, 14.17:31   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now the MRS when I can visit

I've been reflecting on the emotions over the last 2 years.
I apologise in advance for referencing the famous 1970s team again, but for me, the pain of not getting promoted in 1977 was far worse than failing in 2022. I was absolutely inconsolable with a deep emptiness for weeks, if not months, after that.
I was very disappointed at the 2022 loss in the playoffs, but nothing comparable. I just put that down to the consequences of aging and the resulting ability to control emotions better by putting things in perspective.
Then came our promotion this year, and the elation associated with that far exceeds the emotions I had in our 1978 promotion, which in of themselves where amazing! So much for age granting me perspective and composure.
All those decades of pain, grifters, chancers, unfairness and bad luck wiped away in a tsunami of joy.
In the moment it was 2 flashes of magic by SPM.
But it was also the relentless drive for foundations and excellence put in place Rob and Ryan and Phil and Humph and Shaun and on and on and on.
I know it's the money that makes all of this possible, but not only did we get promotion, we also got redemption and a sense of purpose going forward, not just for the club, but also for the town and the community. That is so much more important, and so much more emotive than1978.
Old 16th November 2023, 14.50:02   #61-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Just watched it and loved it.
Old 16th November 2023, 15.04:14   #62-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted mcwhirter View Post
Loved the episode and the memories cascading back. Last match I watched with my younger bro before he collapsed on the Monday and died a few weeks later. Forgotten just how gut wrenching it was until SPM delivered and remembered how we hugged at the end. Just sat there with him and my nephew for nearly an hour watching the crowds subside and feeling the emotions fall back into place. Tears in my eyes as I type this and during the episode. COYR.
sorry to hear that
Old 16th November 2023, 15.18:28   #63-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
If a tear isn't coming down your face during the Rocky music at the end of the BW game you're not a Wrexham fan.

Absolutely broke me that did. Brilliantly done by the producers
The Rocky music was perfect ....

..... so many emotional moments in there from the beginning to the end

.... I got to see myself hugging my son in the crowd right after Mullin scored his second .... it struck me then that while I'll always have that moment locked away in my mind , I'll be able to see it over and over again now too , not just the goal, but the joy of that moment sharing it with my son ( and I guess so will he probably long after I'm gone ) ........ wouldn't you know it , just as I realised that , I must have got something in my eyes, as the damn things started leaking !

Last edited by rob_the_red; 16th November 2023 at 15.23:54..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.06:14.