Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham


Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/


Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2023, 10.34:43   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer


 
Joined: Jul 2012
Racecourse Spot: KOP
Real Name: Huw Morys
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And what magic wand would a supporters group wave to solve ticket issues and market forces?

Issues with merchandise costs is a matter of opinion.

Maybe there does need to be something in the future,but the thought of any of the ideologists having a say in anything puts the fear of god inside me. For the time being, best if fans just stick to be fans and leave the big boy stuff to the experts IMO.
Excellent post spot on!!!
Old 18th November 2023, 10.35:23   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Old Paddock Man's Avatar

 
Joined: Jul 2012
Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Real Name: Harry Lime
Twitter: @Alida Valli





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Who ever is runs it will be fair game these days of anonymous social media and there will always be some jealously, but we all need to move on and take responsibility for electing sound people who are committed to working hard for the fan base and the good of the club.

Mistakes were made in the past which were costly, but there was an enormous amount of good work carried out, much at no cost to the club or the fans and we are now in a different era where the fans may have a voice but limited control of the club.

It will always be difficult fir a large collective of fans to all pull in the same direction, gor an extended period, whatever the group is called, or if anyone has any problems with the people on the current Trust Board, but with nigh on 1,000 members, it's a good place to start.
A very sensible and measured post. Often lacking on this topic which too often gets high jacked by those with extreme views- for and against- mostly the latter on this forum which isn’t representative in my experience.
Old 18th November 2023, 10.42:09   #57-0 (permalink)
First Teamer


 
Joined: Jul 2012
Racecourse Spot: KOP
Real Name: Huw Morys
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
A very sensible and measured post. Often lacking on this topic which too often gets high jacked by those with extreme views- for and against- mostly the latter on this forum which isn’t representative in my experience.
Agreed, other than "limited control" needs to be zero control.
Old 18th November 2023, 10.43:36   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend


 
Joined: Oct 2004
Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket
Real Name: Patrick
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And what magic wand would a supporters group wave to solve ticket issues and market forces?
Never said anything about a magic wand, we all know there is no such thing. And that's exactly why a group, with the backing of supporters, should be focussed on consistent positive engagement with the club about making the supporter experience better and fairer for all.

Not sure what your point about ideologists is about.

Last edited by podders; 18th November 2023 at 10.45:50..
Old 18th November 2023, 10.46:16   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Percy Sugden's Avatar

 
Joined: Feb 2019
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name:





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Who ever is runs it will be fair game these days of anonymous social media and there will always be some jealously, but we all need to move on and take responsibility for electing sound people who are committed to working hard for the fan base and the good of the club.

Mistakes were made in the past which were costly, but there was an enormous amount of good work carried out, much at no cost to the club or the fans and we are now in a different era where the fans may have a voice but limited control of the club.

It will always be difficult fir a large collective of fans to all pull in the same direction, gor an extended period, whatever the group is called, or if anyone has any problems with the people on the current Trust Board, but with nigh on 1,000 members, it's a good place to start.
I do agree with some of this. I don’t think the current trust is in anyway a good starting point though. If it is, then as a minimum I would want to see proper elected members - including a bricklayer to help advise on the building works. The WST and some of its diabolical decisions towards the end of its tenure, leaves a very bad taste for many.
Old 18th November 2023, 11.05:02   #60-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

It is worth noting that the framework of the WST has worked here, perhaps not to everyones ideal timelines.

New people are in, advice has been taken, and outcome options put forward for a democratic vote for fans who are still engaged.

The Everton situation over the last 24 hours has come to the fore, and perhaps highlights where fans formally on board/ownership/freeholds etc are useful top to bottom. If everything is great, there is no issue surely?
Old 18th November 2023, 11.34:30   #61-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
fezbob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Joined: Mar 2006
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And what magic wand would a supporters group wave to solve ticket issues and market forces?

Issues with merchandise costs is a matter of opinion.

Maybe there does need to be something in the future,but the thought of any of the ideologists having a say in anything puts the fear of god inside me. For the time being, best if fans just stick to be fans and leave the big boy stuff to the experts IMO.
Strange that you think so little of fans. If fans had "stuck to being fans" then we wouldn't have a club to be able to enjoy the current success.
__________________
Quote:
“Football – This good old leg hit game is now about to be revived in Wrexham.”
Old 18th November 2023, 11.47:28   #62-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Strange that you think so little of fans. If fans had "stuck to being fans" then we wouldn't have a club to be able to enjoy the current success.
Fair point. Selling to Moss and running the club into the ground through managed decline, with the benefit of hindsight, was genuius and a price worth paying to get where we are now.

Appreciate you've got content to provide and need your clicks, but for the time being I'd imagine the vast majority are very happy, very happy indeed, with the current set up.
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Old 18th November 2023, 11.59:11   #63-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
fezbob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Joined: Mar 2006
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST board recommend Racecourse Lease surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Fair point. Selling to Moss and running the club into the ground through managed decline, with the benefit of hindsight, was genuius and a price worth paying to get where we are now.

Appreciate you've got content to provide and need your clicks, but for the time being I'd imagine the vast majority are very happy, very happy indeed, with the current set up.
Didn't the administrators sell to Moss or am I missing something? Also, the club was sold to the new owners with no debt which was surely an attractive part of the takeover as it meant they could immediately start making a difference.

Why do we need clicks? At FiD we provide content to fans free of charge with any money made through events etc either used to cover costs or given to charity. It's up to people whether or not they listen.

Where have I ever said I'm not happy with the current set up? I think the ownership has done wonders for the club and local area but there are times I disagree with some decisions, same as I disagreed with some of those made by the WST and was very vocal about it. I'd apply scrutiny equally regardless of who was in charge.
__________________
Quote:
“Football – This good old leg hit game is now about to be revived in Wrexham.”
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |





Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.15:23.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12