Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2023, 17.56:56   #55-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Accrington reaction 0-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
Some people on the live thread critical of Accrington performance, but they would be mad to have tried to outplay in a football match. They defended well and frustrated us and worthy winners. We just couldnt cope with missing Mendy/McClean and were poor all over the pitch. Hopefully just a bad day at the office as others will try and do the same and we need to react better.
It was a poor game from both teams although they were the better side second half. We were just off it today for whatever reason. But their celebrations, jeez enjoy a win but its 3 points in November
Old 18th November 2023, 17.59:37   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
Yep - he would have made a difference - we HAVE to have 2 proper wing backs to give us the balance we need to make this system work .

When we re do our 22 man squad in January , we need to bare that in mind - it can't be Macalinden ( he has to drop out of the squad now ) , it can't be JD either
MacAlinden struggled to make the bench in the conference for 2 seasons -not a L2 player.
Old 18th November 2023, 18.00:25   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
A lacklustre performance from far too many players. Too many hopeless balls, no pace, and Mullin wastes 2 good chances.

Evans and Lee were probably our best players, but neither really took control when needed.

CBs all look slow and weak, and Okonkwo's loss of concentration for their second was matched by some poor distribution.

I think the gulf between this lot and the team from the 70s widened today. More like the Pacific than the Gulf of Persia.

Long way to go before the Window opens, when we will need to strengthen across the pitch. But at least it wasn't 5-0.

Final word for the idiots who threw stuff onto the pitch. Hope the police have video evidence and they lose their STs. I may want us to match the team of the 70s, but not the thuggish behaviour from then.
I don't agree, the 70's had some real stinkers at times, the glory days just outweighed them and they got on a roll in 78. This team doesn't become a bad team after 1 game and next week's bounce back test will say a lot more about this group. We were collectively poor today, our talismen, Lee, Mullin, and Okonkwo, probably had their worst performances of the season and others didn't turn up and couldn't raise their games against the grit and hard work of the Stanley players, who did a great job on us.
Old 18th November 2023, 18.03:32   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Accrington Stanley 2 Wrexham 0 Reaction

on a brighter note ... and assuming we have our proper Wing backs back with us from next weekend , we could quite possibly win every game between now and the time we play Notts County at home in mid February ... EVERY game between now and then is very winnable ( just don't have Lee on Corners or free kicks , don't have Dalby in the side against big physical sides and find someone else to play RCB until Hayden finds some form
Old 18th November 2023, 18.04:22   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

on a not so bright note - any time we don't have a PROPER wing back on each side , we always struggle - we have to have that balance to make the whole system work
Old 18th November 2023, 18.10:52   #60-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
MacAlinden struggled to make the bench in the conference for 2 seasons -not a L2 player.
I think the problem with our squad is a lack of decent players under the age of 21, meaning we need to use a squad place for McAllinden. Whether we bring some younger players (permanently or loan) we need to put this right.
Old 18th November 2023, 18.13:24   #61-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I think the problem with our squad is a lack of decent players under the age of 21, meaning we need to use a squad place for McAllinden. Whether we bring some younger players (permanently or loan) we need to put this right.

I completely get what you're saying , but what position does Macalinden play well enough to justify a squad place in League 2 ? ( regardless of the situation with a lack of U2 quality ? )
Old 18th November 2023, 18.16:19   #62-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Just felt like one of them when no one in the team got going. Not often you’ll see Mullin miss a one on one and pen in one game and that pretty much sums up the day.

Move on.
Old 18th November 2023, 18.16:33   #63-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

beaten and no points,we move on
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.34:20.