Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th November 2023, 21.49:15   #1-0 (permalink)
ITK Champion Jan 24

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default ‘Where were you when you were s*it’…..

Now this is a strange one. And I may be the only one who still finds it strange that opposing fans sing this to us but I can’t help but find myself getting my back up after 22 years of supporting through the good and the bad times.

I guess it comes with part of the territory and there’s plenty of and loyal fans who’ve been following for years and are now obviously unintentionally included under this all encompassing bracket of ‘new money’ group of fans since the Hollywood takeover.

It’s funny when you find opposing fans looking to give it the ‘you’ve just got loads of money’ that are obviously quite blasé / ignorant to our troubles in recent years especially on social media and you do wonder if they realise what a close knit community and set of supporters who attend games we have, but again, I guess it comes with this crazy new found territory, right?

It’s an interesting one too as a large majority of fans I know who have returned since the takeover but who have also followed the club for years whether that’s listening to games, following online or by attending where they could as well as many who used to go regularly especially before our fall into the national league.

I’m interested to know others perspectives on the ‘Oh you’ve just got money no and are obviously a new fan’ take on things and have you had any strange experiences / opinions from other supporters.

(P.S wow I’m bored on a Saturday night…)

Last edited by redflare; 25th November 2023 at 21.59:33..
Old 25th November 2023, 22.02:17   #2-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Default Re: ‘Where were you when you were s*it’…..

I’m not sure what, but we need a better response to opposition fans signing that than “We’re f___ing rich”. A dreadful response
Old 25th November 2023, 22.02:47   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

I don't think they care about our past, it's just another insult to sing at their opposition. There's probably a bit of jealousy in there too. Of course we are getting bigger crowds now but we used to get respectable crowds for how crap we were in the bad seasons. I look around me and see a lot of faces that were there before the takeover, so my reply is,"We were feking here.".

Don't let it get to you mate. Enjoy the ride and wave goodbye to them as they leave with their tales between their legs.
Old 25th November 2023, 22.07:39   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now the MRS when I can visit

Yes, it does go with the territory.
As for being 'unintentionally' included with the new money group, I think you're assiging the chanters too much graciousness.
They don't care!
And they probably shouldn't
As far as chants go, its simple, catchy and, given sellout gates vs the averages we used to get (yes, even though they were pretty damn good for NL), on the face of it, it's also pretty accurate.
Full disclaimer here. As an expat I no longer go regularly to matches, unless you count an average of once every 2 seasons (I.e. when I visit home) as regular. And yes, I did see a lot of NL dross in those games, but I carried on going anyway - I guess it was more like a pilgrimage.
Old 25th November 2023, 22.11:02   #5-0 (permalink)
PG7
First Teamer

Likes of Morecambe and Salford have no shame. Non league for vast majority of their history
Old 25th November 2023, 22.13:16   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

It's a predictable chant, yet a load of nonsense really because ultimately the pattern would be repeated at most clubs.

We've always had a good following, both home and away - but relevant to the level we played at/current level of success/feeling of pride or attachment to the club.

Obviously now, based on everything that's happened, we've had a big increase in numbers - but it would be the same with every club.

They'd all love to swap places with us.
Old 25th November 2023, 22.18:59   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

The best response is cheering ironically. Just a consequence of success that people want to throw pelters at us.
Old 25th November 2023, 22.48:25   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander

I think the majority of us were they when we were shit. The difference now is that everyone is turning up to every game. We still got big crowds for the odd game, the support was always there, just needed something to galvanise us all.
Old 25th November 2023, 22.55:11   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV1 View Post
I’m not sure what, but we need a better response to opposition fans signing that than “We’re f___ing rich”. A dreadful response
"I don't care about _______
Why do they care about me
All I care about is Wrexham FC"

Either that or just snigger at away supports who never used to bring many here/rarely take 1k + away suddenly selling out for Wrexham away.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.56:58.