Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2012, 12.44:44   #91-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Hello Rob and everybody,thanks for welcome. Been a surfer of your site for ages. I've supported Wrexham all my life . First game versus Barrow (0-0),about 1957 on the Kop with my dad (and Uncle from Holt) when I was about 10. The nearest I have ever lived to the Racecourse was 25 miles and at one time had season ticket for 5 years with round trip of 172 miles to each game, and I rarely missed. Only mentioned that because I think I've earned the right to make the odd comment on here if I do in the future, now that we can't remain anonymous and freeloaders of your excellent site.

After thinking long and hard about my favourite player of all my time , I would have to settle for Graham Whittle. Slightly down on class compared to your Shintons, Arfons, John Roberts etc, but tops for everything else, hard work, team player, two footed and more than capable header of the ball and most important a goal scorer of massive ability, many of which came from his brilliant positional awareness. Out of all his games you only had to be at either Southport or Carlisle to see the man at his best.

For my current player I would pick Jay Harris ,the type of guy who you would have as first pick in any conference team,for the 200%er he is. A word also for Andy Morrell who has given and continues to give so much to our club .

I couldn't possibly pick a favourite game as I've enjoyed so many. Watford 5-1 was not it, but was a bit special !

I hope we get out of this god forsaken league this time.
Old 9th July 2012, 12.44:50   #92-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Hello one and all,

Been a member for a while now, but do not post very often, look in everyday though. Been a fan since about 1985 can't remeber 1st game.

Favourite current player has to be the gaffer, still gives 100% every game.

Favourite of all time as with others so many, Physco, Fergie, Juan really cant choose

Best moments have to be LDV, promotion under the great Dennis Smith, beating jester in any game, but especially the FA cup at their dump.

Looking forward to promotion this season, but have to admit it is going to be a lot more difficult than last season.
Old 9th July 2012, 17.50:49   #93-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale paddock

Hi All,
Just want to introduce myself as well, I too have been a free loader of Red Passion for far too long.First game was Port Vale at home around 1971/72 and was a kopite until it was closed and now sit in Yale paddock. As for my favourite player I have to go for Benno because of his relationship with the fans and also his constant ability to wind the opposition fans and players up. Current favourite player is Glen Little he always looks like he is enjoying his football and always seems keen to pass his know how on to his team mates. My favourite match has to be the 7-1 Rotherham game to clinch promotion, closely followed by the LDV final. Hoping my favourite game at the end of the season is the one that gets us up out of this league.
Old 10th July 2012, 18.39:36   #94-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: Ers

Hello all I've been a reader of red passion for a long time now so I'd better introduce myself. My first match as a red was the last game of the 89/90 season against hartlepool Some of the best memories have been the away matches west ham away twice, northhampton,Cambridge games due to my father in law being a Cambridge fan but the most memorable was Peterborough away in 97 in the fa cup. Peterborough went 2-1 in front and barry fry ran up and down the length of the pitch waving his hands in the air in celebration only for us to win 4-2, good days. Most entertaining player probably would be king Karl Current favorite (don't laugh) maeybi
Old 11th July 2012, 03.01:55   #95-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Hi all,
I though i'd introduce myself as i've just seen this thread, I am Luke Caldecott and i would see myself a commited fan with i huge love of my hometown my club despite the fact i may have not been a fan for too long. This club has a great setup and i live only down the road from colliers so i have known wrexham fc from a young age. The club is ambitious and on the up as we a re owned by a fantastic set of supporters. My favourite player is now brett ormerod but if he screws up it has to be the beast, all time? Chrissy Armstrong my favourite player when i started off as a fan and of course Juan . But Arfon Griffiths is defo my all time favourite. I have been a fan for coming 9 years now and becomnig a stronger supporter more recently my best moment was the trip to brighton and the match itself of course. And not to forget the beautiful football we played at the LDV in 2005
Old 11th July 2012, 07.30:36   #96-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: pg

Well RPers id like 2 introduce myself ive been a fan for 22years since the age of 8... My favourite current player jay harris.... All time favourite player king karl or benno..... Best moment supporting club welsh cup win over cardiff at arms park,Ldv final and west ham away 1-0 rooster... Worst moment chesterfield away fa cup altho i did enjoy sleeping under cardboard in the Q to get tickets for that game... Well thats me COYR
Old 11th July 2012, 20.35:12   #97-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot:

hi rob ,red passion readers,
i myself have been a reguler reader of red passion for many of year,i started goin the racecourse in the john neal era,me favourate players at the time was gareth davis and graeme whittle,was a reguler on the kop in the 70s and 80s, and ive only been goin to a handfull a season since,i useually sit in the paddock to the side of the dugout,favourate games , to many to mention in the 70s ,and the barnet game,me favourate player at the minute is jay harris..special mention for joey jones , mr wrexham fc.
Old 11th July 2012, 20.42:54   #98-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle dave View Post
, to many to mention in the 70s ,and the barnet game,
Boston game?
Old 11th July 2012, 20.47:02   #99-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot:

lol, yes i mean boston game .

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.42:44.