Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2013, 18.55:05   #127-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: was the kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassive mits View Post
afternoon.

Man united fan tbh, but used to go to wrexham often. Nephew of mickey thomas, so being there for the arsenal game (albeit a pi**ed up 15 year old who was more or less asleep as the free kick was about to be taken) was a highlight - especially being in the dressing room after. We even got a lift home in a bbc limo:d the west ham replay was an utter travesty with tim breaker somehow staying on the pitch. I know mickey had a lot to say to the ref on and off the pitch. Proper turning point.

Anyway, got lots of decent memories of wrexham and am always looking out for their result (usually despairing around this time of the season). Love joey too - good friend of our family. Top man.

So hello

welcome
Old 30th March 2013, 19.27:49   #128-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
Welcome aboard Big Tits, must be boring supporting a team that wins something most seasons? Who is your favourite player in the current Wrexham squad and why?
Tbh mate, it's the team I look out for and don't (shamefully) have an in depth knowledge as to how players are playing every week. Cieslewicz has caught the eye when I've seen your lads on the telly, but I'm not as genned up as I used to be (we're talking Gareth Owen, Lee Jones, Mark Sartori, Wayne Phillips, Karl Connelly etc ). Had some good times at Wrexham - remember going to Blackpool away midweek when Trevor Sinclair was playing for them. Fcuking freezing, in the winter, sitting on century old wooden seats, and we lost. Also went to the Bescott once with about 150 Wrexham, the stadium was like something out of Subbuteo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sussexred View Post
welcome
Cheers pal.
Old 9th April 2013, 14.00:48   #129-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Hi!
I'm actually a Kiddy fan but have followed Wrexham's results and fortunes for many years as I was born and brought up in the Welshpool area. I've been to the Racecourse many times and used to have strong links with both Welshpool Town and Oswestry Town. It's nice to see Keatsie and Riley (both former Harriers players) doing well for you although Mike Williams has rarely featured for us this year and his brother Marc has moved on to Chester.
I enjoy the friendly rivalry between us although this may not extend into next season as one of us (hopefully) may get back into League 2 for next season. You never know, we may even meet again at Wembley next month.
Old 22nd April 2013, 22.17:43   #130-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Someday

So how does a midwesterner from Ohio find his way to RP and Wrexham FC?

It all began over a year ago I was sitting at work and having one of those days. I pulled up BBC 5 (via application on my cell phone) and there was an upcoming game in the FA Cup. Still relatively new to the ins and outs of English football, the things that I kept hearing was league team (Brighton) vs. non-league (Wrexham), Wrexham had a caretaker manager (Andy Morrell), the game had been postponed due to a frozen pitch, and Brighton was in the league but not the premier league.

I paid attention to the game intermittently until Morrell hit his thunderbolt and even though a speaker of the phone you could hear this roar from the crowd. And the more the game went on, the less work got done and the more I paid attention to the game.

Of course the game ended 1-1 and I listened to the shootout on the drive home from work and was disappointed when Brighton advanced. From there, I kept up with how Wrexham was doing for the rest of the season, saw how Fleetwood surged ahead in the second half of the season, and read about the loss to Luton in the playoffs.

This season, I kept closer watch on the team and found RP late last year- just in time for the January transfer period. And I've been lurking ever since.

This week, I sent out the membership info and check to the WST so I guess I'm now a fan. Three games to promotion.
Old 22nd April 2013, 22.19:48   #131-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express View Post

It all began over a year ago I was sitting at work and having one of those days. I pulled up BBC 5 (via application on my cell phone) and there was an upcoming game in the FA Cup. Still relatively new to the ins and outs of English football, the things that I kept hearing was league team (Brighton) vs. non-league (Wrexham), Wrexham had a caretaker manager (Andy Morrell), the game had been postponed due to a frozen pitch, and Brighton was in the league but not the premier league.

I paid attention to the game intermittently until Morrell hit his thunderbolt and even though a speaker of the phone you could hear this roar from the crowd. And the more the game went on, the less work got done and the more I paid attention to the game.

Of course the game ended 1-1 and I listened to the shootout on the drive home from work and was disappointed when Brighton advanced. From there, I kept up with how Wrexham was doing for the rest of the season, saw how Fleetwood surged ahead in the second half of the season, and read about the loss to Luton in the playoffs.

This season, I kept closer watch on the team and found RP late last year- just in time for the January transfer period. And I've been lurking ever since.

This week, I sent out the membership info and check to the WST so I guess I'm now a fan. Three games to promotion.
Welcome! Whereabouts in Ohio are you?
Old 22nd April 2013, 23.14:46   #132-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express:1392451

Fair play. Amazing how a game of football can pull you in.
Old 22nd April 2013, 23.53:15   #133-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Someday

Northwestern Ohio. About 30 miles west of Toledo.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12.46:09   #134-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to RP. I left my home town of Wrexham in 1975, and have lived in various places since. Now living in the East of England, I am going to Wembley with some of my family, whop have continued to follow Wrexham, attending many more games than I have been able to.
My first game was back in the 60's v Luton Town. I think we won!

Jimmy Hill's Coventry City, and we've obviously had a few ups and downs since then!

My favourite ever player is Arfon Griffiths, but have fond memories of Bobby Shinton, Eddie May, Billy Ashcroft, Mel Sutton and Joey Jones

Too many memorable games, and European matches, but the trip to Burnley on a Crosville double decker bus was a real adventure for me! It took us what seemed like several hours to get there. The disappointment of losing to a deflected OG was dreadful.

I remember us going head-to-head with some big clubs like Anderlecht, Roma, Hadjuk Split, and who could forget the Mickey Thomas-inspired win against Arsenal! I think we were bottom of the old fourth division at the time, whilst arsenal were top of the first?

I'm a member of the Trust, and proud to support this great club.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14.43:43   #135-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafgog View Post
Memories of Don Weston, Steve Ingle, Alan Bermingham, Ray Charnley, Tony Beanland,Albert Kinsey anyone???Lets compare memories
1st game Bradford park avenue home 1966 won 6-0 hooked ever since seen four promotlons lost count of relegations fav games Peterborough. Away f a cup won 4.2 Boston home won 3_1 all wins over jeste

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.07:24.