Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th September 2013, 22.00:14   #208-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

First time poster; long time looker, like many. First started supporting at 13 ish on moving to Wrexham, culminating with the end of 77/78 season and with the players we had then and the football we played I never looked back. Many happy memories of glorious cup matches and Dixie's last minute equaliser against Blyth Spartans, 7-0 against Rotherham and invading the pitch, and european nights and internationals at the racecourse too. Many highs and lows over the years not to say farcial - remember flying over from Germany in nearly 90's for the day just to get to Wycombe v Wrexham as a new ground only for ref to call it off 15 mins before kick off! Good far outweighs the bad and days like beating Arsenal in the cup will always stay in the memory.

I believe Andy and the Trust will turn it round and to be honest after the dark days of the past, and the pleasure and happiness Wrexham has given me over my lifetime, and hopefully many years to come, I'm grateful I still have a club to support.

Keep the Faith

COYR
Old 15th October 2013, 14.41:38   #209-0 (permalink)
lj2
Squad Player

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forum,and as I recall my first schoolboy memory of watching Wrexham as I can remember was back in 1986/87 when Dixie was first appointed. The Zaragoza tie has stuck with me as being pretty prominent. Firstly because of the great atmosphere, and secondly their keeper was outstanding on the night, and as I remember thwarting Jim Steel (my favourite player of that time) in the last minute! And of course the play-off final when we lost to Orient..but I was never more deflated than the Newport game at Wembley!

As regards to this season, I fear it may end up what Luton experienced last year having failed to go up the previous two or three seasons, and ending up possibly below the play-off positions. Hence a rebuilding and re-structuring of the squad for next season`s push perhaps? But you never know!
I look forward to posting in the near future
Old 20th October 2013, 20.57:55   #210-0 (permalink)
Trialist

My first match (about 1969/70?); too young to remember any of the football, but my older brother moaning that he would miss Dr Who, and my dad taking us home early and for some strange reason taking a short cut across Plas Coch Farm field and getting the car stuck in mud. The farmer had to tow us with his tractor. Not surprising, he didn’t take us again for some years!

Started going with my dad again in the 1976/77 season, great memories of Ashcroft, Shinton, Whittle et al. Hearing Abba’s Dancing Queen blaring out from the ground as we walked over the railway bridge, paying an extra 10p to sit in the Bushfield stand on the kop. The gut wrenching heartache of the Crystal Palace 4-2, and the inevitable Mansfield game that followed.

Fantastic games next season, with the Rotherham 7-1 probably the best.

I’ve been a season ticket holder pretty much every season since, and seen more downs than ups, but nothing worse than the Gutterman/Hamilton, Moss/Roberts fiasco.
A WST member and so glad the club are finally in safe hands. Hoping that one day we will get back to the league where we belong, but at least we still have a club, and I still love my Saturday afternoons at the Racecourse. Even managed to pass on the tradition as my eldest son has a season ticket too, my youngest would rather watch Dr Who…
Old 27th October 2013, 15.37:26   #211-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi
My name is Dave and I am the photographer for Alfreton Town FC and a big fan of all non league football-
Old 27th October 2013, 17.36:05   #212-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

I have been a Wrexham fan since 1957, travelled to away games all over the UK for many years.I remember Kevin Keelan , Aly McGowan,Alan Fox ,Don Weston,Sammy Mac, Gren Jones , Clive Colbridge, Dave Powell etc. I have lived in Spain for the last 11 years and Red Passion is my life line to Wxm. I post very rarely as I get my enjoyment reading all the comments on red passion. This is why I find it very insulting that on the top of my page it now says [Accounts that lurk and do not post are going to end up being deactivated. Use it or lose it.] Is this the way to treat a true fan for 56 years.
Old 28th October 2013, 19.01:39   #213-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep View Post
Hi
My name is Dave and I am the photographer for Alfreton Town FC and a big fan of all non league football-
What do you think the result will be in the FA cup?
Old 28th October 2013, 19.11:14   #214-0 (permalink)
Banned

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Dragon View Post
I have been a Wrexham fan since 1957, travelled to away games all over the UK for many years.I remember Kevin Keelan , Aly McGowan,Alan Fox ,Don Weston,Sammy Mac, Gren Jones , Clive Colbridge, Dave Powell etc. I have lived in Spain for the last 11 years and Red Passion is my life line to Wxm. I post very rarely as I get my enjoyment reading all the comments on red passion. This is why I find it very insulting that on the top of my page it now says [Accounts that lurk and do not post are going to end up being deactivated. Use it or lose it.] Is this the way to treat a true fan for 56 years.
Well said.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 28th October 2013, 23.36:38   #215-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

I have also been a supporter since 1959 and have been joined by my son, and two grandsons. I also feel insulted to be called a lurker. Surely whether I post or not is my choice. I feel that the threat to cancel my membership unhelpful to the club and silly.
Old 28th October 2013, 23.52:17   #216-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred View Post
I have also been a supporter since 1959 and have been joined by my son, and two grandsons. I also feel insulted to be called a lurker. Surely whether I post or not is my choice. I feel that the threat to cancel my membership unhelpful to the club and silly.
Why would it be unhelpful to the club? I personally don't see why people are required to post, but to suggest that this requirement on an independent fan site is unhelpful to the club seems strange.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.13:54.