Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2012, 20.11:31   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Evening all.

I again fall into the regular visitor bracket but have never previously posted.
First became a regular in 1983-84 and can recall a 3-0 win over Bury followed by a 1-2 home defeat against Blackpool a few days later (around 1400 in attendance). Fav players over the years include include Gary Bennett (always good for a penalty), King Karl and Jon "Animal" Bowdon...maybe! Too many great games to list, including the classic FA Cup run in 1992, 5-4 versus Chesterfield in the 92-93 promotion season and the end of season run-in in 2003. Don't get too many games these days but still manage a few in a season.
Old 4th July 2012, 20.15:13   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

been a fan since mickey thomas stole my heart against arsenal, been a fan ever since, best game i have been too has too be the peterborough cup game in 97 barry fry running down the touchline then we go 4-2 up and never see him again, favourite players king karl and benno
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th July 2012, 20.16:19   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Hi All,

Been a "guest" and poster on the site before but lost my login details.

AS for favourite player it has got to be Darren Ferg. although if I had a choice of players there would be too many to mention.

I ve been a fan since the late 70's, but recently not been to many games unless they are local to the Midlands.One of the most memorable matches that I have been to was when we played Boston , and had to win to stop up in the FL.The atmosphere that day was electric.

Looking forward to the new season and pushing on from last season.

Cheers
Old 4th July 2012, 20.18:39   #22-0 (permalink)
Banned

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
Yeah that's right mate and cheers!
hey dog
Old 4th July 2012, 20.28:32   #23-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

First ever post but been following RP for several years.Fantastic entertainment !!

Fave current player - The BEAST - The rock in our defence

Fave all time player - Psycho - A goal machine and a tremendous character to go with it

First Wrexham game - Bristol Rovers (H) 1980 from the BACK OF THE KOP.Hopefully I'll watch a game from behind that goal again one day !!

Fave Wrexham game : So many to choose from but got to go for Birmingham (a) in the 5th round 1997.To take them apart like we did on their own patch was incredible.

Let's get back where we belong. COYR !!

Best wishes to everyone on RP
Old 4th July 2012, 20.46:56   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
And if any of you play chess then please visit the Chess Club sub forum in Off Topic, we are half way though a league season but there is a friendly thread on there for people to start off with some friendlies and then maybe join the league next season.

The Chess club are the most refined section of RPers, you will be most welcome to pop along.
That's not entirely true.
Old 4th July 2012, 20.49:55   #25-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Great to see many of the newly registered users posting - don't be afraid to reply or even start threads either

Keep 'em coming!
Old 4th July 2012, 20.56:41   #26-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActonRed93 View Post
That's not entirely true.
I'm trying to find you someone you can beat, just pretend its true to drag them in.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.02:07   #27-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: I stand

Hello All,

Like a few before me have been a guest but never posted.

Favourite Player- Neil Ashton/ Jay Harris

Favourite Player of All Time- King Karl, Carlos and as a pair I loved watching Mozza and Trundle play together

First Wrexham Game- First game was in 1995 at home to Petrolul Ploiesti in the Cup Winners Cup I think. Ended 0-0 and we got beat 1-0 in the 2nd leg.

Favourite Wrexham Game- Apart from the obvious LDV Win, beating Boro in the FA Cup, Boston to stay in the Football League...Beating Oxford 5-3 in 2000/01 season when Trundle got a hat-trick...My first away game in the 2006/07 season when we beat Wednesday 4-1 at Hillsborough in the League Cup...And this season just gone Brighton away in the FA Cup, magic day and going absolutley bonkers after Cheesy's equaliser.

Up the Town!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.15:29.