Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd August 2014, 21.10:39   #289-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Served 24 years in the army, moving around the world every three years. Used to be an Oldham fan as I was brought up there but hadn't been since I left school. My son who was born in St Asaph grew up a Wrexham fan and when I was posted near Bath pestered me to take him to see Bristol Rovers v Wrexham in about1980 when they were in the old second division. I was hooked! The two players I remember most from that game were Dixie McNeill for Wrexham, and Tony Pulis for Bristol.

Favourite player..... Gary Bennett.

Favourite of all time....... Dixie McNeill (especially after meeting him on holiday and 'Interviewing' him about his career for two whole weeks.)

Best experience as a fan..... LDV final, awesome!!!
Old 26th August 2014, 00.53:38   #290-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Hi Everyone.Hate to be a lurker but hard to make comments when I rarely see games.Ihave been a Wrexham fan since I was 9yo[thats 73 yrs]and have lived the past 48yrs in California so its hard to get to every home game!I will be in N.Wales for 3 weeks in early Sept so hope to get a couple games in then.Love to read the comments and have high hopes for progress this season.Disappointed in Macc result though.Defence needs working on. 8goals against in 5 games not going to cut it .Cheers.
Old 26th August 2014, 14.16:44   #291-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi All,

Only been following FGR for a few years now, so a relative new comer as it were: really enjoying the experience, banter with away fans, discussions on everything football and of course winning every now and then.

I don't get too much time to post on forums, but I will try and esp when your away game at FGR comes up; always willing to help out or answer any q's. And regardless of the result, always interesting to see to see other peoples views of a game/result.

As always, going to be an interesting season!!!
Old 26th August 2014, 14.46:42   #292-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGRStroudFan View Post
Hi All,

Only been following FGR for a few years now, so a relative new comer as it were: really enjoying the experience, banter with away fans, discussions on everything football and of course winning every now and then.

I don't get too much time to post on forums, but I will try and esp when your away game at FGR comes up; always willing to help out or answer any q's. And regardless of the result, always interesting to see to see other peoples views of a game/result.

As always, going to be an interesting season!!!
Hi Dale.
Old 27th August 2014, 18.04:51   #293-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi there,

I haven't posted before but rely on RP for news and gossip as I live in Cambridge and only get to the occasional game (especially since Cambridge United and Luton are now in League 2). Managed to get to Dartford and hope to make a few more matches this season. Was born near Wrexham and grew up with Arfon, Albert Kinsey, Ray Smith, Steve Stacey etc. Was smitten after first game and have supported ever since. Many great memories including 3-0 up at Tottenham at half time (brilliant 45 minutes- ended 3-3) and 1-0 cup win at West Ham (Rooster). Low point- losing 4-0 in pouring rain at Dagenham's miserable ground in relegation season. Very happy about recent developments at the club and am a big fan of Wilkin.

Best wishes to all.
Old 16th November 2014, 09.10:33   #294-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Just making this work
Old 16th February 2015, 18.07:30   #295-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi all
A Wrexham fan for over 55 years.
Cut short holiday in S.Africa to come home and see the lads in Wembley.
Not very popular move in some quarters.
Not very impressed with present bunch but typically they do the double over Barnet but can't beat teams at the bottom. Some motivational issues to be sorted I think - give Joey the job.
Back in S.Africa again at the moment and another possible final on the cards !!
Old 17th February 2015, 19.26:49   #296-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernjones@hotmail.co.uk View Post
Hi all
A Wrexham fan for over 55 years.
Cut short holiday in S.Africa to come home and see the lads in Wembley.
Not very popular move in some quarters.
Not very impressed with present bunch but typically they do the double over Barnet but can't beat teams at the bottom. Some motivational issues to be sorted I think - give Joey the job.
Back in S.Africa again at the moment and another possible final on the cards !!
That's what you call dedication!
Old 17th February 2015, 19.34:24   #297-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: Paddock!

Hello all,
I'm a lifelong fan, who sadly lapsed over the last 18 months or so, but am back, and quite bizarrely really enjoying this season. I think for next season we've got the makings of a really good team. My first match was a 3-0 win against Tranmere in 1988, my favourite ever match was 3-2 away versus Wigan, in what I think was Denis Smith's second match in charge. Favourite all-time players are Fergie and Rooster (mainly because I know him), fave current player is Connor Jennings, if he doesn't re-sign next season I'll be devastated!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.47:45.