Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2012, 21.02:16   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale if I can be arsed going

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Hi everyone. My name's Mark9. I used to post on here under the names Mark7 and Mark8. For the n00bs who don't remember me, I'm basically the guy that taught FOG everything he knows about trolling. Let's face it, no one's arsed who my favourite player is.

I know, you're excited.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.02:37   #29-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: mrs
Twitter: @

Hi ,been watching the reds since about 1975,used to live on Maesgwyn Road.too many memories to list really ,looking forward to posting all the best to rp users.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.04:22   #30-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVEST'S DAD View Post
Hi Rob,
My first RP post too, and like the other new members I've been a regular reader of Red Passion for a couple of years. I started watching Wrexham in 1960.I remember the game that 'Glynner' mentioned v Coventry and I'm fairly certain that Wreham thrashed them 5 - 1 with Brian Whitehouse scoring a couple and Ken Barnes missing his first penalty for the Club. My favourite player of all time has to be Arfon Griffithe ' Prince of Wales '. Another game that stands out about that time was when we beat Blackburn Rovers after extra time in the newly formed League Cup after getting a draw at their place,and what made it extra special was that the previous year they had reached the FA Cup final. My son is a regular reader and writer to Red Passion, hence the name REDVEST'S SON '. Thankyou for letting me introduce myself and look forward to reading some of the other new members stories.
REDVEST'S DAD.
Great to see you on Red Passion Wally!
Come on the town
Old 4th July 2012, 21.09:30   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Evening Rob and all

Have been a voyeur of RP for years and now forced to come out of the closet.

Been a fan since 1966 when my Dad took me and my twin brother (we were both 7 years old funnily enough) into the old paddock to watch the mighty reds lose 1 v 3 to Notts County on the way to finishing 92nd in the Football League (which idiot scrapped the re-election system?) and been well and truly hooked ever since. A couple of seasons later when my brother asked my Dad who the “bloke wearing black” played for we both knew that the “Wrexham gene” had somehow passed him by and that I had inherited his share as well. I also bear the name of my Dads favourite Reds centre half from the Fifties.

So many favourite players over the years….Sammy McMillan scored the first Reds goal I saw so he’s one but I tended to love the “triers” who, whilst not the most naturally gifted, always gave 100% so the likes of Eddie May, Steve Ingle, Phil Hardy, Tony Humes, Deryn Brace, Neil Ashton and (because they were Buckleyites) John Lyons and Mike Williams and, of course, Joey because… well he’s Joey.

Best moments? Well apart from the obvious ones…mine would include the Eddie May “screamer” from the half way line (tried doing the same in a schools match and, as my effort hit the corner flag, the PE teacher bawled out “who do you think you are Eddie May!”) Any Wrexham goal at Sealand Road (seem to recall plenty from Arfon) and also (because I was with Stockport fans from work) a fantastic Peter Ward free kick at Edgeley Park after they had been abusing him something awful. I also recall screaming at the radio (much to the annoyance of my then girlfriend who was at that very moment supposed to be the focus of my “attention” as it were ) as the Reds held out for a goalless draw at Real Zaragoza (how we didn’t win the replay god only knows).

So plenty of ups and downs but despite being marooned (for now) in this dreadful league we are still here…alive and kicking!
Old 4th July 2012, 21.12:33   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark9 View Post
Hi everyone. My name's Mark9. I used to post on here under the names Mark7 and Mark8. For the n00bs who don't remember me, I'm basically the guy that taught FOG everything he knows about trolling. Let's face it, no one's arsed who my favourite player is.

I know, you're excited.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.13:59   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS ex Kop

First post was a few days ago to mark the passing of Les Speed who I watched starring for Holywell Town as a kid. Been following the Reds since '61 - first match we were 4 up against Darlington after about 20 minutes - beat that for a start. So many favourite players over the years - Neil Ashton of the current crop. I'll go for Billy Ashcroft, though Arfon was the long term class act. Best game the 7 -1 win over Rotherham to clinch the long overdue promotion to the old Div 2. Let's go up as champions again this year.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.16:29   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

I'm kinda pissed off that we have to sign in to read threads now (don't want people to know how much of a sad-act I am, plus I don't like the idea in general to be honest), but if means some good posting lurkers come out of the shadows then it may be good in that respect.
Old 4th July 2012, 21.18:22   #35-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
I'm kinda pissed off that we have to sign in to read threads now (don't want people to know how much of a sad-act I am, plus I don't like the idea in general to be honest), but if means some good posting lurkers come out of the shadows then it may be good in that respect.
I am not keen on the idea, however this thread is the silver lining so long may such silver linings continue

Keep the intros coming....
Old 4th July 2012, 21.33:17   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Have to say I'm enjoying this thread, welcome aboard fellow Glen lovers

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.38:31.