Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th August 2016, 02.46:34   #397-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex07 View Post
Fan since my Dad took me to my first game in 1989 vs Leyton Orient! Miss standing on the Kop.
Loved watching the young players break through in the early 90's and onwards under the guidance of Brian Flynn, and the legend Joey Jones.
Now lucky enough to coach at the COE.
Posted via mobile theme
Very much this.
Old 16th August 2016, 21.12:19   #398-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Due to the recent change in site policy there has been a surge in registrations - all with proper ISP's or provided landline numbers to ensure its 'real' people.

Some are former RP'ers who forgot details, and some are people just just like reading RP.

I would like to invite the new RP'ers, who are likely long time fans, to post up in here to say hello and perhaps to add abit of fun a mini Q&A such as...

- Favourite player?

- Fave player of all time?

- how long you have been a fan?

- Whats your best moment of being a fan?

Welcome to RP!

Favourite player: Not familiar with current team as live in Northants.
Fave player of all time: Bobby Shinton.
I've been a fan for 60 years.
Best moment: Attended win at Hereford to confirm promotion to old 2nd Division in 1977.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2016, 11.36:16   #399-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Hi everyone, decided at long last to introduce myself.Been a supporter from around 1960, the first match i recall was Leicester in the Fa cup and have continued ever since. Not able to get along much now due health issues,but have great memories of our glory years under John Neal and Arfon with the ground packed out watching a great team playing great football.The demolition of Newcastle in the the cup springs to mind.

At one time we were the best in Wales but now lower than we have ever been,however thanks to the fans the club has survived when it looked like we were doomed.What does the future hold for us? Its hard to say, but i know one thing we have to get back in the football league asap. That of course is easy to say but hard to do. I'm sure we will do it some point, we have the fan base no doubt about that, unlike our friends at the Dive

Anyway thats all from me, lets hope for 3 points on saturday and who knows this might just be our season!
Old 22nd September 2016, 01.15:24   #400-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: tech end

Wink Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

I'm a newbie on here , been every season since 1976
Favourite player Dixie McNeil
1ST game vs Oxford home
Favourite game Porto away (my first away European trip)

Last edited by smallpox; 22nd September 2016 at 01.16:58..
Old 9th October 2016, 19.27:11   #401-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Hello all,

I'm a first time poster, but a long term fan (my first game was a 3-0 win against Tranmere, in 1988, how times have changed!). I'm looking forward to getting involved in the debates over the next few weeks, and months, as, like everybody else, I'm very concerned about what is going on at the club.
Old 9th October 2016, 19.31:02   #402-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellHobbs View Post
Hi Everyone

Newbie here looking forward to joining in the conversations and debates as the new season starts to loom large.
Hope you are not positive in any way. If so,be prepared to be ripped apart!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Old 10th October 2016, 07.30:56   #403-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
Hello all,

I'm a first time poster, but a long term fan (my first game was a 3-0 win against Tranmere, in 1988, how times have changed!). I'm looking forward to getting involved in the debates over the next few weeks, and months, as, like everybody else, I'm very concerned about what is going on at the club.
Welcome. Do get involved and express your honest opinions. But don't be surprised if you get some not very friendly responses whichever way you lean.
Old 11th October 2016, 15.18:14   #404-0 (permalink)

Smile Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Hello to all you Wrexham fans. I have been a supporter of the reds since the very first game that I saw at the racecourse in the 1940s it was against Leyton Orient, in those days if Wrexham scored a goal you could hear the roar in the town centre.
My memories are mainly from the 50s and the 60s My best moment was at Reading for a 2nd round replay in the F A cup, a moment that I will treasure was hearing the final whistle of a FA cup replay against Reading at Elm Park. The first game at the racecourse on the Saturday ended in a 1--1 draw, the draw was made on the following Monday, and it drew Reading or Wrexham at home to Manchester united. The response from the Wrexham fans was fantastic with thousands of reds fans going to Reading for the replay. Wrexham scored first with a great goal from Johnny Anderson, Reading got an equalising goal later, but the game was won near the end by Wrexham with a spectacular 35 yard rocket from one of the best players ever to wear a Wrexham shirt,the late great, Ronnie Hewitt. When the game ended the pitch was swamped with Wrexham fans, and who could blame them, the result meant that Wrexham from the old 3rd division north were going to play the mighty Busby babes from Manchester United at the racecourse. At that time Wrexham had gone 18 league games and three FA cup games including the Reading replay making a total of 21 games unbeaten. The Racecourse was packed for the replay with over 30 thousand which I believe is still the record attendance for the Racecourse ground. Manchester United came to the racecourse with a full first team and they beat Wrexham 5-0 but what a game we had we saw the great Duncan Edwards and His team at their best, Tommy Taylor scored a hat trick. Shortly after this game came the tragic air disaster that killed so many of this great Manchester United team. But I look back and think how lucky I was to have seen Wrexham football club in one of the best periods of their history.
Old 31st October 2016, 17.38:48   #405-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafgog View Post
Memories of Don Weston, Steve Ingle, Alan Bermingham, Ray Charnley, Tony Beanland,Albert Kinsey anyone???Lets compare memories
Memories I have been supporting Wrexham since I was six, now 84. Memories takes me back to the war years when we had guest players like Ronnie Dix, Johnny Hancocks and Stan Foxall. Great to watch. My favourite players have been mainly during the Ken Barnes era. Johnny Anderson, Gren Jones Ron Barnes. I was particular friendly with Tommy Bannan, Ronnie Hewitt and Wyn Davies. Not forgetting the great, one and, Arfon Griffiths. They were characters and good footballers that raised the profile of the Club..
In the Boardroom, we had local businessmen like Fred Tomlinson, Eric McMahon, Hughie Phillips, all contributing to the finances of the Club. They provided continuity and their involvement should never be forgotten.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.49:32.