Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th August 2019, 15.09:21   #451-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: home stand
Real Name: Ronald
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

I've been a fan for almost 60 years. Followed the team through the good and the bad years. That was a great match when we went to Burnley in the quarter finals of the FA cup. I thought Arfon Griffiths had got us through that day.
The past 10 or so years have been frustrating to say the least, I can only hope that the club can get money from somewhere to invest in class players and get back to where the club belongs, in the football league.
Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 18.53:24   #452-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

What a breath of fresh air reading all these posts after the fall out on Monday. I'm of the same era of most. 60 years and counting.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 14.31:46   #453-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: Not Available
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

I've just joined RP and i am a avid fm19 fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 09.24:19   #454-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

New to the site, been a reader for while....bit dubious about posting, given the vitriol some dish out....but have done after the D&R game ....which was a shocker.

Been watching the Robins (sorry...old habits) since my dad took me in 1970, been a programme seller and writer in the 1990's ....that golden age of programmes under the editorship of messrs Roberts, Jones and Parry.......even used to drive Dave R to Salford to pick them up!!

A lapsed season ticket holder and supporter since 2005, now back watching with my own son, who has decided to take an interest. Shocked by the state of my club, the leadership, coaching and standard of play is the worst I have ever seen......and I once saw us lose 4-0 at home to Hartlepool at the nadir of the Bobby Roberts era!!

I was on the famous coach trip to watch Real Zaragoza, and plenty of Isle of Man pre-season tours.....so my credentials are established!

Favourite all time player.....Joey, followed by Graham Whittle and Carlos Edwards.....loved the way he seemed to glide over the pitch. Happiest memories were the rise up when Flynnie took over, although always felt we could have pushed on further, he built some really great teams....but we always looked a little unbalanced and didn't quite reach our potential.

I am looking forward to re-engaging with my team, making new memories with my son....but oh what a mess......it's going to be a long way back......but its in the blood.......come on you reds!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 09.27:13   #455-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name: Gavin Davies-Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by We'll always have Porto View Post
New to the site, been a reader for while....bit dubious about posting, given the vitriol some dish out....but have done after the D&R game ....which was a shocker.

Been watching the Robins (sorry...old habits) since my dad took me in 1970, been a programme seller and writer in the 1990's ....that golden age of programmes under the editorship of messrs Roberts, Jones and Parry.......even used to drive Dave R to Salford to pick them up!!

A lapsed season ticket holder and supporter since 2005, now back watching with my own son, who has decided to take an interest. Shocked by the state of my club, the leadership, coaching and standard of play is the worst I have ever seen......and I once saw us lose 4-0 at home to Hartlepool at the nadir of the Bobby Roberts era!!

I was on the famous coach trip to watch Real Zaragoza, and plenty of Isle of Man pre-season tours.....so my credentials are established!

Favourite all time player.....Joey, followed by Graham Whittle and Carlos Edwards.....loved the way he seemed to glide over the pitch. Happiest memories were the rise up when Flynnie took over, although always felt we could have pushed on further, he built some really great teams....but we always looked a little unbalanced and didn't quite reach our potential.

I am looking forward to re-engaging with my team, making new memories with my son....but oh what a mess......it's going to be a long way back......but its in the blood.......come on you reds!!!
Great post
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 11.31:18   #456-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham's Patrick Bateman's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Coming up to 60 years for me now. I can still remember remember catching the bus from Rhos with my Dad. And sometimes struggling to get on
A Huighie Phillips, or Tom Williams bus would squeeze you on. The Crosville more strict, allowing only a certain amount of standing passengers. Whatever bus you were on, it would half empty at the bus stop by the old art college, and up Mold Road we'd trek
Much has changed since those distant days, but still, Wrexham FC is in my blood.. Despite the almost communist style in which it's being run at present..
__________________
Always right... FACT
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 14.13:26   #457-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Woody's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Woody
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Coming up to 60 years for me now. I can still remember remember catching the bus from Rhos with my Dad. And sometimes struggling to get on
A Huighie Phillips, or Tom Williams bus would squeeze you on. The Crosville more strict, allowing only a certain amount of standing passengers. Whatever bus you were on, it would half empty at the bus stop by the old art college, and up Mold Road we'd trek
Much has changed since those distant days, but still, Wrexham FC is in my blood.. Despite the almost communist style in which it's being run at present..
“Communist style” yes communication has broken down big time, it would be nice if we could all share this misery together
__________________
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 17.52:11   #458-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Number6's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Dave
Twitter: @??????





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
“Communist style” yes communication has broken down big time, it would be nice if we could all share this misery together
more fascist style!
__________________
I am not a number - I'm a free fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 18.43:18   #459-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
willyheckerslike's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

First game in late 60's at home to Port Vale with my Dad....players like Albert Kinsey, Dave Gaskell , Ian Moir et al....stood where the Yale stand is now but then was terracing carried round from the Tech End. Carried on standing in the Yale paddock (Town End) and still sit there now in roughly the same position. My Dad has a brick in the Mold Road stand wall to remember my memories of attending games with him. My son now attends with me when he is home from College and still flies the Wxm flag when he is away., so the lineage is intact and is expanding as his girlfriend from London proudly wears her Wxm bobble hat in University.
Favourites;
Player - Bobby Shinton, Dixie, Mickey T, Graham Whittle.
Games - FA Trophy win at Wembley, Haguk Split 3-1 home win in Cup winners Cup, 1-0 away win at West Ham with Roosters winner just before full time.
There is no other Club for me....and there never will be👍
__________________
Our minimum requirement is maximum commitment.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 19.54:41   #460-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Davethered's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: M.R.S
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

First game Wrexham v Hull Sept 1957 my 6th Birthday we won 6-0 and for my
sins I still attend to this day.
Favourite player to many to list.
Promotion in the 1977/78 that was some of the best football ever.

I hope that we can regain league football in the near future, although for this to happen, I believe we need to review the running of our club, starting at the top.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.53:20.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12