Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2012, 15.21:43   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Exclamation New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Due to the recent change in site policy there has been a surge in registrations - all with proper ISP's or provided landline numbers to ensure its 'real' people.

Some are former RP'ers who forgot details, and some are people just just like reading RP.

I would like to invite the new RP'ers, who are likely long time fans, to post up in here to say hello and perhaps to add abit of fun a mini Q&A such as...

- Favourite player?
- Fave player of all time?
- how long you have been a fan?
- Whats your best moment of being a fan?

Welcome to RP!
Old 4th July 2012, 15.46:24   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Default Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Probably all bleedin Mansfield fans.
Old 4th July 2012, 16.02:36   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Three rules:

1. Don't say the C-Word
2. Don't say the Lindsay word
3. Respect the WST Mafia, there's over 2,000 of us and we can trace your IP address.

EDIT: Scratch rule '2'

-

Last edited by TopCornerFergie; 4th July 2012 at 16.04:25..
Old 4th July 2012, 16.34:58   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ERS/GUS

Hi all,

As per Rob's message, I fall into the long time reader category. I have never posted on here but am generally glued to the site most days. So I guess this was as good excuse as any to register and join in.

- Favourite player (current) - Ashton
- Fave player of all time - Legs/Holt/Carlos
- how long you have been a fan? - First game would have been around 1990 and it was against Stockport, there was some schools thing going on and Stockport school kids where sat with us juniors, oddly I got a punch in the face that night. Never looked back! :-) I used to watch from the kop from then (1991) on with our own Steve Roberts as he was in my year/classes etc at school. Was great to eventually watch him and Neil on the pitch. I go to most games on my own these days as all my mates are armchair Liverpool fans etc and have been a season ticket for the last couple of years.
- Whats your best moment of being a fan - I guess the LDV, bit unoriginal but what a day that was! And becoming a fans owned club! Yes I am in the Trust.

That'll do, looking forward to speaking to you all soon...
Old 4th July 2012, 17.01:45   #5-0 (permalink)
HD3
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Twitter: @pschnurse101

Is this why I can no longer browse whilst at work and have to log in now?
Welcome Kenny Powers!
Old 4th July 2012, 17.23:07   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Thumbs up Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Memories of Don Weston, Steve Ingle, Alan Bermingham, Ray Charnley, Tony Beanland,Albert Kinsey anyone???Lets compare memories
Old 4th July 2012, 18.07:45   #7-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ERS/GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD3 View Post
Is this why I can no longer browse whilst at work and have to log in now?
Welcome Kenny Powers!
Yeah that's right mate and cheers!
Old 4th July 2012, 18.19:33   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock

Hello Rob and all -

Yes, first RP post despite visiting the site regularly over the last few (very interesting!) seasons.

My first game was back in 1961/2 v Jimmy Hill's Coventry City, and we've obviously had a few ups and downs since then!

My favourite ever player was Bobby Shinton (a football genius), with honourable mentions for Eddie May, Albert Kinsey, Joey and Noddy, Benno, Carlos, Trundle (well, he could play) and King Karl of course. Worst ever was Skinner! Love all the current team to bits - Ashton, Creighton, Harris, the Gaffer, Little (another footballing genius), and I think Danny Wright is in for a big season.
So many memorable games, and European matches, but the LDV Final and FA Cup wins over Forest, West Ham, Birmingham, and the recent Brighton games stand out.

I'm a member of the Trust, but really hope we can concentrate on matters on the field this season - we've got a very experienced squad, we just need another Connolly-type forward and Peter Ward/Fergie type midfielder and we're sorted!

Best to all on RP!
Old 4th July 2012, 18.33:09   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

I'm relatively new and have only posted off and on over the last couple of months, but have been an avid reader for a good few years.

Favourite player?

At the moment Glen Little. Plays the game the way I love seeing it played. Intelligent and skillful, with fantastic awareness of space and the players around him. Appreciates the beauty and importance of possession football.

Favourite player of all time?

Incredibly hard to choose an all-time favourite. Names that stand out from the different eras I've watched have to be King Karl, Psycho, Fergie, Trundle and Carlos.

Been a fan since? First game 1994.

Best moment of being a fan?
Thankfully plenty to choose from. On the playing side highlights include LDV Final, Gay Meadow in the promotion season 2003, Bristol Rovers away promotion season 2003 (One of the most complete away performances I've ever seen and Trundle's goal that day is up there with the best individual brilliance I've seen from a Wrexham player), Carlisle away same season (Freezing December day, Hector Sam's 88th minute winner and subsequent shirtless celebration made the long journey worth it). Non-playing side has to be the day the Trust took over and the way we collected the money for the bond, inspired effort and made me very proud to be a Wrexham fan

Cheers.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.02:28.