• Welcome to the new RedPassion.co.uk !

Registations are back open to fans who wish to join the community, and see zero ads plus join in Offtopic and other discussions!
    Existing users can login and use the forums as normal, if your login is not working, you can click login then 'forgot password' and you will be sent a reset email.

Any issues use the contact form button at the bottom of the page. You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER! or LOGIN

Marc Williams Addiction talk to the Squad

Iesty

Mod
Pre Takeover RPer Original RPer before 2009 Helped pay wages in August 2011
Little feature video of Marc presenting to the current squad - must have been end of october - Barnett on crutches and Olly with his beard

Thats was a good watch, thanks for posting.

He was fantastic that season with him and J LO up front.

I always liked Marc. A good striker and him and Jefferson Louis was one of the best non-league strike partnerships we've had before Mullin and Palmer came along. Met him when I was younger in Chester (he was playing for them but I met him in the Tescos) and he was nothing but personable then too, I thought. It's even more of a credit to him thinking back to then and it was very possible that addiction was a big part of his life at that time and yet he took the time to talk to a random bloke who recognised him from his Wrexham days.

Any addiction is tough to get over and I'm glad he's got through to the other side.

Never the same after his injury

Decent national league forward on his prime , and yes he was v approachable

I always liked Marc. A good striker and him and Jefferson Louis was one of the best non-league strike partnerships we've had before Mullin and Palmer came along. Met him when I was younger in Chester (he was playing for them but I met him in the Tescos) and he was nothing but personable then too, I thought. It's even more of a credit to him thinking back to then and it was very possible that addiction was a big part of his life at that time and yet he took the time to talk to a random bloke who recognised him from his Wrexham days.

Any addiction is tough to get over and I'm glad he's got through to the other side.

Bearing in mind the Conference was a lot weaker back then but yes he was decent before injury

We've got Marc on this week's pod chatting about his battle with gambling addiction, how brutal Dean Saunders could be, his crazy strike partner Jefferson Louis (and his love of Cornettos) and how his problems at Wrexham made him hate the club for a while. However, he also discusses how things came full circle when he came back to the club recently to give a talk to the players on his issues and was able to enjoy watching Wrexham once again. It was a really good chat and definitely worth an hour of your time.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/092MDadq3ESGPyGR7v5lz6?si=d89169cd51cb4545

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...ng-dean-saunders/id1556741755?i=1000635365093

Amazon: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/1...-gambling-dean-saunders-jeff-louis'-cornettos

Dean Saunders sounds like a total Knob to be honest. I never rated him as a manager - his solution to everything was always to bring more and more players in.

Great post, thanks. When you see this type of addiction it makes it all the more galling that pundits such as Jermaine Jenas endorse gambling products.

Loved the FiD pod this week. Excellent talk with Marc Williams. Would be interesting to hear what players like Nathan Fairhurst felt about him. Brought in, sign new deals only to be completely stuck in limbo once they weren’t his favourites.

Not saying they would have made us better, but probably ruined their chances playing at a lower level and enjoying the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back