• Welcome to the new RedPassion.co.uk !

Registations are back open to fans who wish to join the community, and see zero ads plus join in Offtopic and other discussions!
    Existing users can login and use the forums as normal, if your login is not working, you can click login then 'forgot password' and you will be sent a reset email.

Any issues use the contact form button at the bottom of the page. You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER! or LOGIN

Points after 23 games

Gethin11

Hot Prospect
We are six games away from the half way mark,let’s say four wins,one draw and one defeat which is realistic with the opposition we face.That would give us 46 points and if we could match that figure that’s 92 points which virtually guarantees promotion.Is that realistic thinking or am I getting carried away.

We are six games away from the half way mark,let’s say four wins,one draw and one defeat which is realistic with the opposition we face.That would give us 46 points and if we could match that figure that’s 92 points which virtually guarantees promotion.Is that realistic thinking or am I getting carried away.

Realistic thinking.

The last 12 league games 8w, 3d, 1l, 27 pts from those games. If we kept that up, which is a big ask, you are talking about more than 92pts. However as they all keep saying one game at a time.

Off on a complete tangent, but Chesterfield are on track for 120 points given their current trajectory.

But that’s all in the rear view mirror now😏

Off on a complete tangent, but Chesterfield are on track for 120 points given their current trajectory.

But that’s all in the rear view mirror now😏

They are a good side , but they have no serious opposition in that league now. I'd be disappointed if they got less than 110 points if I was a Chesterfield fan

we've also played all of the top 6 already ..... 5 of them away from home ... and only lost 1 go those games ! ( all with Mullin either not playing , or not 100% fit ).

If we can pick up 4 wins out of our next 6 as the OP suggests, we'll be in a very good place

top 3 is definitely a possibility now come the end of the season

They are a good side , but they have no serious opposition in that league now. I'd be disappointed if they got less than 110 points if I was a Chesterfield fan

Agree.

Counter-intuitively as it may seem, it was probably for the best that Chesterfield lost the play off final last season. They were clearly the third best side in the league but they would have been at best swimming around the likes of MKD and Swindon looking at play offs unlike us and Notts. And paying L2 wages to tread water.

Next season, a few high-end-funded clubs will be gone up to L1 and, unless say Reading get taken over and walk it, they will follow us to L1 without much serious opposition.

we've also played all of the top 6 already ..... 5 of them away from home ... and only lost 1 go those games ! ( all with Mullin either not playing , or not 100% fit ).

If we can pick up 4 wins out of our next 6 as the OP suggests, we'll be in a very good place

top 3 is definitely a possibility now come the end of the season

Current title odds now shortening dramatically

Stockport 6/5

Mansfield 9/2

Wrexham 3/1

...and that's for top spot

Our odds to finish in the top 3 are now as short as 1/3

Notts odds for the title now way out at 10/1

Current title odds now shortening dramatically

Stockport 6/5

Mansfield 9/2

Wrexham 3/1

...and that's for top spot

Our odds to finish in the top 3 are now as short as 1/3

Notts odds for the title now way out at 10/1

It’s interesting how clear it looks to the oddsmakers too.

The next 6 games could very well see the top 3 pull away even further due to schedules.

Crewe seems to the the only wildcard, with oddsmakers still not putting them in the top 8 sides.

It’s interesting how clear it looks to the oddsmakers too.

The next 6 games could very well see the top 3 pull away even further due to schedules.

Crewe seems to the the only wildcard, with oddsmakers still not putting them in the top 8 sides.

I know nothing about Crewe's squad but can only think it's paper thin because they are a point behind us but the bookies have them at 100/1 for the title. Bookies aren't stupid, they must know something

Latest posts

Back